Prosilk and their hilarious demo...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
I caught the Prosilk lady demo-ing their new range of Eco brushes with synthetic hair the other day, had me laughing my ass off and rolling my eyes in equal measure. She was stuttering and falling over her words, basically trying to say that natural brushes are fabulous but now that 'people have gone all eco and with animals and stuff', there's more of a market for synthetic brushes as they're cruelty free etc (this was the general gist, she took a long time getting there...). She actually said that synthetic brushes were historically nasty and made a face as if synthetic brushes were made of toxic waste and said that 'as a makeup artist' (who does THAT remind you of...) she'd NEVER normally use a synthetic brush!! Until now of course coz theirs are fabulous...

As a makeup artist I would have thought she'd be aware that cream or gel products are far better applied with synthetic brushes as they don't pick up or hold as much product and deliver better on to the skin. Also it's more hygenic as it's easier to clean cream products out of synthetic hairs as they don't have pores and so the product doesn't get trapped. Basic makeup artistry people and folk have been using a mixture of synthetic and natural brushes quite happily for years, just coz they've decided to hop on the eco bandwagon doesn't make what they're doing new or revolutionary.

*slaps self on head at stupidity on QVC sometimes...*

Tx

I often feel that presenters/guests think we must be stupid if we believe all this guff.

Sounds like she hadn't bothered to prepare, which is necessary even if you know your stuff backwards unless you are very skilled in public speaking and know your audience.

I often feel that presenters/guests think we must be stupid if we believe all this guff.

Sounds like she hadn't bothered to prepare, which is necessary even if you know your stuff backwards unless you are very skilled in public speaking and know your audience.

Totally EM, I've seen her on before and she's perfectly fine presenting their usual brush range but it was like she really didn't believe the synthetic brushes were 'proper' and so was stumbling all over it. It was cringeworthy!

Well thank you. I've been under the illusion that "real" brushes were always better than synthetic!

I struggle with face make up brushes as I have to use topical meds on my face ... hydracortisone mainly ... and brushes can make my skin itch. They don't cause any long term problems but it's not comfortable at the time and I prefer synthetic for comfort. But I've just found out my fave BE brush is synthetic and I've also always thought it gave a better finish. Given your post it's obviously putting less product on my skin so it goes on easier.

You learn summat new every day in this place!

Tink xx

Well thank you. I've been under the illusion that "real" brushes were always better than synthetic!

I struggle with face make up brushes as I have to use topical meds on my face ... hydracortisone mainly ... and brushes can make my skin itch. They don't cause any long term problems but it's not comfortable at the time and I prefer synthetic for comfort. But I've just found out my fave BE brush is synthetic and I've also always thought it gave a better finish. Given your post it's obviously putting less product on my skin so it goes on easier.

You learn summat new every day in this place!

Tink xx

Awesome! Neither are better than the other really, it depends on what product you want them for. I just couldn't believe her attitude and total lack of knowledge 'as a makeup artist' haha!

Tx

Latest posts

Back