Can someone remind me please?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

nailprincess

Registered Shopper
Of the charity that a lady here recommended that take unwanted toiletries? I'm having a huge QVC stockpile clear out and wanted to send a box of stuff away. I've had a quick search of the threads but can't find it. Having said that, its a Saturday night, I've had a glass of wine and I'm just being lazy! :blush:

I don't think this was what you were thinking of, nailprincess, but if you have a local hospital with a ward for Alzheimer's patients, they would be oh-so grateful for any toiletries you could donate.

My mum in law developed dementia and while she was in hospital the nurses said that many of the ladies on the ward had no one to bring them nice stuff, and they had no choice but to use NHS soap and body lotion.
The ladies' appreciation of delicious scent was as acute as ever, of course, and a little touch of aromatherapy goes a long way to increase a sense of wellbeing at a time when the world can be a very confusing or frightening place.

That's a lovely idea Sublime, thank you for that. Would anyone know if the nurses would be allowed to accept things, though, health/safety/rules/regulations etc - I only ask because I was allowed to take a plant in to a friend in hospital but I had to take it home with me afterwards, which was a bit strange.

Infection control probably wouldn;t let them accept anything opened or unsealed.

Another great place that will take cosmetics and toiletries are womens refuges. Often these ladies leave their homes etc in a rush and dont have the time or the money for little treats. they are very much appreciated.

Infection control probably wouldn;t let them accept anything opened or unsealed.

Another great place that will take cosmetics and toiletries are womens refuges. Often these ladies leave their homes etc in a rush and dont have the time or the money for little treats. they are very much appreciated.

:nod: Absolutely. If you didn't want to post a box off a quick google will probably find you a nearby women's refuge where you can drop things off. :sun:

Would anyone know if the nurses would be allowed to accept things, though, health/safety/rules/regulations etc - I only ask because I was allowed to take a plant in to a friend in hospital but I had to take it home with me afterwards, which was a bit strange.

Plants and flowers aren't allowed in hospitals due to allergies.

My mum has dementia and is in a residential care home. There are ladies in there who have no-one in the world and so I'm sure any care home would put unwanted toiletries to good use.

Having said that though, I take my mum nice shower gels and talc etc and they get used at an astonishing rate so they must be used for other people (not that I mind).

Latest posts

Back