Birchwood Update 19th March 2011

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ArtDeco

Registered Shopper
Just a few quick words about the current stock of Birchwood for anyone thinking of going in the not-too-distant...I popped in yesterday and this is what greeted me:

Usual stacks of Northern Nights and Grim n Co Home bedding, also featherbeds at £19.99

Tons of Emu boots in varying colours, all seemed to be around the £100 mark (sorry I can’t be more specific on whether they were ‘Stinger Hi’ or whatever they’re called, they are not my thing so I only glanced briefly, but all did seem totally unworn)

Usual stacks of Orecks at £79.99

Tons of clothes, all tidy and sorted into sizes on different rails :eek:. I know, it’s a shocker :giggle:. Best friend got a Centipede coat for £8, there were the usual suspects - Grim n Co, Nina Leonard etc but a bit of pretty much all the other ranges they carry I think, inc lesser known ones like Yong Kim, Mac and Jac etc

Tiffany style lamps, both large and small and some novelty animal ones (ducks I think) for a tenner

A good selection of jewellery including AAA tanzanite half price and pretty Veronese rings for £7, although no Lola Rose (cries of shame :sad:)

Some Steiff seals (awww) but no Charlie Bears

Odd bits of Gatineau and Elemis (mainly tanning stuff)

Notebooks for £199 (I thought this was good but accompanying best friend who is a techy checked spec then consulted iPhone or similar gadgetry and discovered better deals for a few more quid on brand new kit online)

Plenty of Jack the Lad juicers from the last TSV (the ones that do stone fruit) for £35

A single solitary KitchenAid plus attachments for £199. I had to be physically dragged away :sweat:. Am consoling myself with the fact that a) there’s an upcoming TSV that might be better; b) I don’t really want an ice-cream maker; c) I need to save for a new porch

A bird in the ceiling. An actual literal bird had got in and got trapped, was making an awful din and scaring the seventeen year old sales staff witless :giggle:

Have to say the place was stacked with stuff, appeared tidy (relatively speaking) and showed absolutely no signs of being run down with a view to closure at all :nod:

Hope this is of some help :handshake:

J
Tons of clothes, all tidy and sorted into sizes on different rails :eek:. I know, it’s a shocker :giggle:.

Had a tootle over to Shrewsbury outlet a couple of weeks ago, and for the first time found the same, all grouped by size - no improvement to the hangars though...........
Came home with brand new Emu's - £50, DG jeans, £8, Artscapes top (which as my mother would say -"will do a turn") for £3 and a few other bits and bobs
Think they may also have sorted out their air conditioning, as for the first time I didn't come close to meltdown during my time in there.

I live the other side of the country so have never been to either outlet but will be spending a week in the NW soon so are there any days when they get new stock in or does it change every day?

Last time I was there...two/three weeks ago, I said I'd heard they were going to shut down. Response was no...the move is on hold, but not shutting down.

Question, where did the shutting down information originate from???

Well Saturday is the day for my first visit to a qvc outlet, I am getting more excited than I suspect I ought to be! :mysmilie_546:

Hopefully I'll have time to ring the shop at Warrington tomorrow but has anyone been recently. How is the shop set out, are the items grouped into categories eg clothes one area and gardening stuff another or is stuff really all over the place.

Thanks in advance for any help :)

Well Saturday is the day for my first visit to a qvc outlet, I am getting more excited than I suspect I ought to be! :mysmilie_546:

Hopefully I'll have time to ring the shop at Warrington tomorrow but has anyone been recently. How is the shop set out, are the items grouped into categories eg clothes one area and gardening stuff another or is stuff really all over the place.

I'm the same, on the all too infrequent, occasions when I pop to the Shrewsbury one. It really is very worrying. I must get out more.
:blush:

I go there quite often. There's a jewellery section at the far end of the shop with also decorative items like candles etc. You take a ticket from a wall mounted machine and get served when your number's called out . You pay for items separately there.
At the moment clothing's on both sides of the mid section of the shop . It's hanging on racks arranged into sizes , but all makes are together. All other stuff is grouped together into separate categories eg. bedding , footware , cookware etc.

The main disadvantage is they charge exactly the same prices for items that have been worn / used and even damaged as those that have not . It's a case of buyer beware !
However one does have 30 days to bring things back , on production of the till receipt .

That's super, I had no idea that damaged stuff was sold alongside new for the same price. I will def have to look out for that!

Latest posts

Back