Up-to-date fashion please QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
The Susan Graver collection (if you can call it that) is soooooo old fashioned, as are most of the other clothes they sell from the States.

The TSV is a good price but would be so much better in a different fabric and with a waterfall cardigan, which are everywhere in the shops at the moment.

I like the idea of what is essentially a fashion show on TV but can't they get some British designers on and then we'd have the opportunity to buy something more on trend for the UK. :wonder: They have British beauty ranges as well as shoes and bags, so why not clothes?

The trouble is as long as it sells they will keep stocking. As you said American the QVC customer for clothes in the US does tend to be Quacker Factory etc. They know their customer and just stick with it.

Well as for British Michele Hope. I say no more.

The ones you are no doubt thinking of are already working with Debenhams etc. The trouble with QVC is they are set in their ways fashion wise. If you ever listen to the TCallers it gives an idea of their who they believe is their customer base. Older, stay at home, perhaps through ill health.

How could I forget Michele Hope? Enough said I think.

At the moment there is a lace top on which is hideous. Even my mother in her 80s wouldn't wear that.

Watching the morning repeat & aren't they awful? Just vile!

To be honest I've seen virtually identical items on stalls on our local market for under a tenner.

Julia must read this. She's just said she looks a bit like Max Wall, but it's because of her dancer's calves and small ankles. No love, it's because you wear the WRONG clothes for your body shape.

Very market stall. I've seen much nicer clothes for sale in the supermarket!

It's about time they started to sell some good quality classic (that doesn't mean old fashioned!) basics in proper sizes (eg 12,14,16 etc instead of all this S M L which varies with every range).

Of course it won't happen though. As long as some people keep buying all the sweaty polyester tatt, then they're going to keep selling it.

Watching the morning repeat & aren't they awful? Just vile!

To be honest I've seen virtually identical items on stalls on our local market for under a tenner.

I was just about to post the same - Chelmsford market has similar tops, which at less than £10 are more "acceptable" as day to day casual items. The QVC clothes are priced as desirable top-quality designer-esque items, which they definitely are not.

(hope this makes sense, I haven't expressed it very well).

It's like QVC have given up!! Honestly, there must be better stuff out there than the current "fashion" favoured by QVC at the moment. :yawn:

I know we all need our comfy stuff and I know so me of you swear by Kim & Co trousers (others swear AT Kim & Co trousers by hey, each to their own!!) but surely QVC must realise that we also like to dress up and, shock, horror, would like to be a little "on trend" too.:happy:

As others have said, there must be some British designers that would love to showcase their stuff on the channel. It's time the buyers got out of their rut and gave us something a bit more interesting.

Rant over!:blush:

I dont think so, all I have seen is out of shape, over long poly tee shirts .. all over priced between £35/£45 plus p&p. They are having a laugh, I wouldn't be seen in anything I have seen so far.

Its because QVC are an American company, and apart from, to name a few, - the gardening gnome, MH, L'Occitane, Thorntons and Clarks, we get dumped on with everything from across the Pond. I dont know, but even brands like Elemis and Decleor could well be umbrella companies and part of a huge conglomerate with its HQ in the States. Certainly I cant think of a cosmetic product that isns't american. BUT looking at the US website in homewares, it would be nice to at least get the choice they do, instead of the same tat.

As for the buyers, it would seem they only have the list from QVC US to pick from ! with a few European items thrown in to pacify the UK and German markets.

Many times the presenters will say you will only find the products on QVC in the UK, but then I have been into Costco & TKMax (both American owned) and found the same items there.

The list is endless = Diane Gilman, Susan Graver, Susie B, Dennis Basso, Quacker,Tiana B, Carole Hochman, Ronni Nicole, Nina Leonard, George Simonton, Smashbox, Laura Gella, Diamonique, Honora Pearls, Lori Greiner, Kim (ok she's Canadian), and thats without even thinking too hard.

I noticed on the repeats [as I was watching this morning eating my cornflakes] that quite a few of the hems on the tops are puckered. [Quite a common thing when trying to machine-hem nylon]. How can she bring these things to us? It's insulting. Even the models are looking embarassed and keep smoothing their hands around the hem area,trying to conceal this.

They really are missing a trick. When I think of the stores my friends and I shop at, as fast approaching 40 somethings, I think it would be great if they had 'Per Una at QVC' or 'Monsoon at QVC' 'Dorothy Perkins at QVC' (as examples only). There are plenty of British stores and brands who could easily diversify to selling at QVC and have designs unique to them.

Elemis are a British brand and Decleor is French. Neither are umbrella companies or been bought out yet. Gatineau is own by Revlon since the 90s.

No way would Marks and Spencer let any of their brands on QVC. They don't need to.

Last edited:
I really like TianaB dresses and if I wanted a new dress for a party or an event I would definitely look at Tiana B.

I have one or two things from some of the other brands and I really like some of the tops from Yong Kim but haven't bought anything yet. But that's fairly typical for my wardrobe. One or two things from this one, that one and the other.

The clothes on QVC on the whole aren't me. But the same is true for the likes of Monsoon, M&S, Next and Dorothy Perkins.

Trouble is the clothes must be selling in quantity otherwise they wouldn't be showing them and a lot of British designers cannot or will not design and produce in the quantities, prices and to lead times that an organisation like QVC would demand. They most probably get a far better deal doing diffusion lines at Debenhams or Simply Be etc.

I really like TianaB dresses and if I wanted a new dress for a party or an event I would definitely look at Tiana B.

I have one or two things from some of the other brands and I really like some of the tops from Yong Kim but haven't bought anything yet. But that's fairly typical for my wardrobe. One or two things from this one, that one and the other.

The clothes on QVC on the whole aren't me. But the same is true for the likes of Monsoon, M&S, Next and Dorothy Perkins.

You hit the nail on the head, we shouldn't expect to like everything we see either on QVC or on the High Street because taste is very much a personal thing. The key is to buy selective items from a variety of ranges and there is no reason why that should not include QVC.

I dont think so, all I have seen is out of shape, over long poly tee shirts .. all over priced between £35/£45 plus p&p. They are having a laugh, I wouldn't be seen in anything I have seen so far.

I was watching in disbelief last night when I saw a lilac poly tee shirt for about £26 with a terrible badly-sewn puckered hemline all around the bottom and nobody seemed to notice, in fact the camera kept zooming in on it! Who on earth would buy that after watching that presentation? It looked like something Primark sell for £3 (actually saying that I've had some great stuff from Primark for £3)!

I live close to the Birchwood outlet and see this stuff all the time, it is truly horrible cheap tat, bobbly nylon, knitwear that is shiny and scratchy and coats they can't even flog for £4! They discount all the clothes at 70% and then with an extra 15% off for over 60s you can get the stuff for next to nothing and still there are racks and racks of it, you mainly see Ebayers with trolley fulls.

I've come to the conclusion that the clothes are SO overpriced that they don't need to sell that many to make a huge profit and also rely on people ordering on a whim and then can't be bothered to send it back.

I was watching in disbelief last night when I saw a lilac poly tee shirt for about £26 with a terrible badly-sewn puckered hemline all around the bottom and nobody seemed to notice, in fact the camera kept zooming in on it! Who on earth would buy that after watching that presentation? It looked like something Primark sell for £3 (actually saying that I've had some great stuff from Primark for £3)!

I live close to the Birchwood outlet and see this stuff all the time, it is truly horrible cheap tat, bobbly nylon, knitwear that is shiny and scratchy and coats they can't even flog for £4! They discount all the clothes at 70% and then with an extra 15% off for over 60s you can get the stuff for next to nothing and still there are racks and racks of it, you mainly see Ebayers with trolley fulls.

I've come to the conclusion that the clothes are SO overpriced that they don't need to sell that many to make a huge profit and also rely on people ordering on a whim and then can't be bothered to send it back.
That lilac poly tee shirt was exactly the one I was talking about on my post. It looked horrendous....and yes, I did notice the camera zooming in on the puckered hem. The model was aware too as she kept smoothing her hand over it thinking we wouldn't see! mmmmmm!

qvc fashion is wayy overprriced. luckily i can go to the shops and buy when the sales are on. gap, m&s,even primark and hennes have quality clothing that you can pick up for a tenner or less.

today i was very fortunate to buy a jean muir top for £4.99 in a charity shop. and a beautiful cowl neck t-shirt from whistles for £3 (also from charity shop)

qvc p&p cost more than what i pay for clothes.:tongue:

qvc fashion is wayy overprriced. luckily i can go to the shops and buy when the sales are on. gap, m&s,even primark and hennes have quality clothing that you can pick up for a tenner or less.

today i was very fortunate to buy a jean muir top for £4.99 in a charity shop. and a beautiful cowl neck t-shirt from whistles for £3 (also from charity shop)

qvc p&p cost more than what i pay for clothes.:tongue:

Coo well done on the bargains! I am lucky enough to have a shop locally that sells new and nearly new clothes. I think they pay the seller a fee and I've bought some stunning designer pieces in there. I have a sugar pink fine wool coat that I bought for £40 and then found the original price tag in the inside pocket ... £300!!

Latest posts

Back