Had to laugh at Alison...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

J

JacquelineMammaof4

Guest Shopper
Watching the beauty channel and they were doing the masterclass - type thingies and just heard AY say that we can 'get advice from her and other top experts'. Had to chuckle. Talk about bigging yourself up pmsl :grin:

So true. What got me was that she classes herself as a top expert.

Expert advice from AY on last night's Mally TSV launch:-

'If you want to look like an ordinary person, then just apply your ordinary make-up BUT if you want to look like Jennifer Lopez or Angelina Jolie then buy this kit from Mally!'

But hang on, did Mally, any of the models or AY herself look like Jennifer or Angelina? Erm no.....:confused:

I literally, yes literally, sat there and thought to myself 'why am I listening to this mind-numbing drivel and if she mentions Jennifer flaming Lopez again or that Mally woman calls her "Miss Ally" I am LITERALLY switching off' :mysmilie_503:

20 seconds later off went the TV and I went to bed

When I started watching and buying 11 years ago, she was an expert and I learnt a great deal. Now I don't think she is so independent and not an up to date expert either. I have heard more tips and useful advice on this forum in 4 months than I have from her in the last few years.

'If you want to look like an ordinary person, then just apply your ordinary make-up BUT if you want to look like Jennifer Lopez or Angelina Jolie then buy this kit from Mally!'

But hang on, did Mally, any of the models or AY herself look like Jennifer or Angelina? Erm no.....:confused:

Yes I saw this, and felt it utterly insulting. I do like Mally make up and also buy Laura Geller, because I like them - not because I want to look like any of the Hollywood gliteratti, that's the least of my considerations - which lippy Lopez smears on her gob. In my opinion, if AY spent more time brushing up her literal actual beauty knowledge and a little less time brown-nosing guests and bigging up da celeb massiiiifff then I might be more likely consider buying.

Can't stop, I'm off to start a rumour that Gwyneth Paltrow uses Astral on her actual elbow area...:happy:

I have always let AY's witterings wash over me whenever I watch her shows - I went off her when she used to rave on about the Philosophy fragrances, which do nothing for me. I like Laura Geller though, also her cosmetics are great!! Is Mally as good? I have not tried the range, and I'm still in mourning for the passing of YBF and Models Prefer :-(

I literally, yes literally, sat there and thought to myself 'why am I listening to this mind-numbing drivel and if she mentions Jennifer flaming Lopez again or that Mally woman calls her "Miss Ally" I am LITERALLY switching off' :mysmilie_503:

20 seconds later off went the TV and I went to bed

This lady really needs to get with the times. Angelina Jolie and Jennifer Lopez are old hat. It's Cheryl and Kate that everyone has to imitate now! :wink:

Seriously though, this made me think two things...
1. If these so called "experts" can't make the models look like Angelina/Jennifer/whoever, what hope do us mere mortals have?
2. I bet Angelina/Jennifer/whoever hasn't even heared of these ranges, let alone use them.

Perhaps AY should heed the words of Coco Chanel: 'Beauty treatments should begin with the heart and the soul, otherwise cosmetics are pointless'. It's not all about slapping on the latest £100 face cream.

Have to say I only watched one show more out of curiosity than anything else but when I heard AY say that over 8000 of the TSV's had been sold I got out my calculator and totted up the overall firgure - which was well into 6 figures. Woldn't mind that for a days work and it wasn't even limited so my guess is there were 10000. Mally even said she really had no one to answer to and made herown decisions - jeez she must be raking it in.

Has anyone ever found a bricks and mortar store that sells Mally in the US?

I have this theory that QVC actually have a stake in her company and she is exclusive to QVC. Now as a makeup artist she may well work with zelebs etc, but the Mally brand products are QVC only.

Like Models Prefer and Stacey, she owned the company and went on about how she chose the textures, colours everything. Then a court case popped up and it was between her and QVC. Seems QVC had a stake in the company when she first started out and thought they had exclusive rights to the name and were the products where sold. Stacey wanted to branch out into normal stores Ultra, Walmart. The result was Stacey could no longer use the name Models Prefer and changed to YBF and she moved from QVC to HSN instead. Don't think she ever actually did appear in stores? She has totally pulled out of the UK altogether now, though I think you can buy from her website?

Has anyone ever found a bricks and mortar store that sells Mally in the US? I have this theory that QVC actually have a stake in her company and she is exclusive to QVC. Now as a makeup artist she may well work with zelebs etc, but the Mally brand products are QVC only.QUOTE]

Interesting article: http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a52d3558-3934-11e0-97ca-00144feabdc0.html#axzz1HoBcibUk

If it's not holding the website type in Google, Do QVC own Mally Beauty? and scroll down pages until you find FT.com / Entrepreneurship - Dream built on the right foundation.

Last edited:
Well, QVC own Tova, they own the name "Models Prefer" so who knows what else they own?

They have a history of either promoting big-name brands like Tefal then coming up with their own lookey-likey equivalent (Cooks Essentials, anyone?), or buying big sellers like Tova.

Models Prefer was a BIG seller for them. Since Stacey Whatsherface didn't play ball it would make sense for Le Q to come up with a "Models Prefer" equivalent to keep getting that cosmetics revenue. Maybe Mally is it? :wonder:

HoodedClaw;463209 Models Prefer was a BIG seller for them. Since Stacey Whatsherface didn't play ball it would make sense for Le Q to come up with a "Models Prefer" equivalent to keep getting that cosmetics revenue. Maybe Mally is it? :wonder:[/QUOTE said:
I think Laura Geller was pushed forward as a replacement for Stacey, she has a few Staceyesque products. Don't think Q own her though.

I think Laura Geller was pushed forward as a replacement for Stacey, she has a few Staceyesque products. Don't think Q own her though.

Then Le Q won't get as much revenue from Laura Geller as they would from a brand they own outright.

Latest posts

Back