JR could take a style tip from.........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Rozzy

Registered Shopper
.................Debbie Flint:sun: She looked lovely tonight on the Kipling show. Beautifully fitted and well cut black dress (maybe a tad formal tbh) co-ordinating tights and shoes, not a jegging or a zip in sight and definately no hooves on display and, what's more, I bet if DF is presenting tomorrow, she'll have a completely fresh outfit on, so will all the other presenters as befits folk that are in the public eye:happy:

I agree Rozzy. It's not as if Debbie Flint has a perfect figure and she was much criticised when she returned for her too-short skirts. It seems that she took it on board and has toned down as she has settled in.

That dress is from Pompoos. She wore the black and White one when she presented with Harald. It's pretty much the perfect style for Debbie I reckon.

I like Julia but a bit of variety in the wardrobe wouldn't hurt. I'm personally not a fan of jeggings. The damn things aren't easy to wear and finding a good fit is murder.

DF has an hourglass figure with a defined waist and well shaped ankles and calves. She can wear dresses with nipped in waists and little pencil skirts to good effect. I also think she has excellent skin and colouring.

JR, in contrast, is top heavy so dresses don't really look good on her. She doesn't have a defined waist so she wears trousers to show off her slim legs and low cut tops to highlight her big boobs.

Dresses and skirt do look more feminine and formal whereas skin-tight trousers and low cut tops look casual and dare I say it, sometimes a bit tarty.

I agree Rozzy. I have to eat humble pie (not easy for me :wink:) about Debbie because I was ultra critical when she came back to QVC probably because I didn't take to her the first time around all those years ago. However she is now the most watchable female presenter for me and she has found her own style which suits her and usually looks good/very good, even in the dross of QVC's worst offerings. I was really gobby at the beginning about the hideous chavvy tippex nails (a real BIG no-no with me) and as soon as she ditched those and the too short clobber I was well impressed and I think that was the start of her big image change. Very pretty lady, lovely hair that suits her face shape, fab skin with great cheekbones.....and no affectations and airs and graces. :rock: I have never heard her being snide to the models to score a cheap point either, HRH take note. :dull:

I agree Rozzy. I have to eat humble pie (not easy for me :wink:) about Debbie because I was ultra critical when she came back to QVC probably because I didn't take to her the first time around all those years ago. However she is now the most watchable female presenter for me and she has found her own style which suits her and usually looks good/very good, even in the dross of QVC's worst offerings. I was really gobby at the beginning about the hideous chavvy tippex nails (a real BIG no-no with me) and as soon as she ditched those and the too short clobber I was well impressed and I think that was the start of her big image change. Very pretty lady, lovely hair that suits her face shape, fab skin with great cheekbones.....and no affectations and airs and graces. :rock: I have never heard her being snide to the models to score a cheap point either, HRH take note. :dull:

Agree I like her to, and you will always hear her say she's a size 14/16 good for you Debbie.

She looks absolutely amazing for her age, that's because she carries a bit of weight imo. I think she's around 50 (but I may be wrong):sun:

She looks absolutely amazing for her age, that's because she carries a bit of weight imo. I think she's around 50 (but I may be wrong):sun:
Yes you're so right Rozzy, and where JR got it so wrong.
mysmilie_61.gif

I agree! And I think Debbie Flint's make up looks really nice too. Very flattering and not at all over done like you know who!

She is a good advertisement for the QVC make up brands imo....

I have always liked Debbie and found her refreshingly down to earth. She concentrates on what she is selling and doesn't rabbit on endlessly about herself and her personal life.
I'm not one of those people who need to connect with or identify with, presenters, I just want to know what I am buying.

I'm another one who will have to put my hands up and agree that DF is now one of my favourite female qvc presenters, she is so normal and refreshing to watch. Hope she has now finished channel hopping and will stay put.

I agree Rozzy. It's not as if Debbie Flint has a perfect figure and she was much criticised when she returned for her too-short skirts. It seems that she took it on board and has toned down as she has settled in.

Exactly. She also keeps her lovely hair well-groomed and doesn't flick it a la Miss Piggy.

I wasn't keen when she returned (I hadn't seen her before) but she's my favourite woman presenter now, very informative and honest, even though she gets in a pickle with the prices sometimes.

I really like Debbie too.......seems to have taken on-board the comments on here....unlike some! :talking: Always well-groomed & great skin - looks so much better than ol' Gobsh*te Young :happy:

As much as I like Julia, she could really up her game re appearance :doh: Trouble is, she thinks she's untouchable, and so therefore dresses for herself and not the audience. She'll be inflicting those bleepin' Max Walls on us until they fall apart - and no doubt will then squeeze herself into something else totally unsuitable :wonder: As for the hooves, I fear we shall never see the back of them :yawn:

re JR at the end of the day the qvc bosses need taking to task over her apearance, they are the employer she is the employee, perhaps she needs to reminded of this quite significant fact, surely qvc should have certain dress code standards, why don't we collectively start a petition? As for Debbie, she does read this forum has taken on board the early critisim so good on her, I too think she has turned it around and is so notup her self which is very refreshing.....ok rant over!!

Never did understand the critisism that Debbie used to get,( maybe because i did'nt watch when she was on QVC before) I think she seems to be a really nice lady with a good sense of humour too ! As for her appearence ..her hair is beautiful her skin and make-up is lovely ! In my humble oppinion she is the best and most watchable presenter on the whole of QVC !!

Lovely to see Debbie getting a big thumbs-up after the early criticism of her:sun: I've always liked her (honest) and can remember her well in the old days when she had the filthiest laugh, she's a very clever lady too, loads of exams etc:sun:

Another vote here for Debbie.:sun:

I must admit to not liking her when she first returned as I felt her presenting style was quite hard sell. However, that said, she is now one of my faves and she always looks so well turned out.:cool:

She is a curvy lady and yet always manages to look smart and dresses for her body shape and always looks like she's made the effort.

I also now love her presenting style. She is funny and friendly and makes her shows interesting and is never patronising.:happy: unlike some I could mention:cheeky:

I think Debbie wore clothes in styles that used to work for her when she came back to QVC.

Both that, and the tippex nails made her look dated, and less classy than she is.

But she made a course correction, and now her outward appearance matches her intelligence and professionalism.

A couple of things she does presenter-wise still irk me occasionally, but I don't doubt that she is very good at her job.

Debbie in my opinion is by far the most attractive presenter on QVC,she has a lovely bone structure and seems very comfortable with herself.
I agree that JR CS and others could learn a lot from her fashion and presenting style.

I've always liked Debbie and was delighted to see her back. As I said at the time (when she was initially receiving a bit of flak) it may take a wee while for her to settle into her new role and show her bubbly open personality. I think she's lovely!

Latest posts

Back