Worst Mother's Day Gift Idea Suggestion?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Moth

Registered Shopper
(mum writes)

I'm curious to know what you think might be a presenter's worst suggestion for a mother's day gift? Mine so far has to be Craig suggesting that the KitchenAid would be ideal. Oh great, thanks! So us mothers can all be out in the kitchen doing the women's work while the men are watching the footy? I know they don't mean it, practically everything they sell they tout for gift ideas, but if someone was going to spend that kind of money on me, I'd want some lovely personal gift, not a food mixer. They must think we're morons and couldn't possibly know what makes a good gift for whatever celebration is approaching.

And my son said that when he hears "KitchenAid" he thinks of some kind of Comic Relief for chefs!

(mum writes)

I'm curious to know what you think might be a presenter's worst suggestion for a mother's day gift? Mine so far has to be Craig suggesting that the KitchenAid would be ideal. Oh great, thanks! So us mothers can all be out in the kitchen doing the women's work while the men are watching the footy? I know they don't mean it, practically everything they sell they tout for gift ideas, but if someone was going to spend that kind of money on me, I'd want some lovely personal gift, not a food mixer. They must think we're morons and couldn't possibly know what makes a good gift for whatever celebration is approaching.

And my son said that when he hears "KitchenAid" he thinks of some kind of Comic Relief for chefs!

Two sugars please luv :tongue:

I think it really depends, though, my Other Half bought me a KitchenAid for my birthday last year (when he really shouldn't have been spending his money) because he knew it was one of my most fervent wishes and I almost keeled over with excitement. I know someone else who got a KA instead of an engagement ring and was thrilled to bits.

Now a new steaming iron or vacuum cleaner on the other hand...... :mysmilie_503:

I think it really depends, though, my Other Half bought me a KitchenAid for my birthday last year (when he really shouldn't have been spending his money) because he knew it was one of my most fervent wishes and I almost keeled over with excitement. I know someone else who got a KA instead of an engagement ring and was thrilled to bits.

Now a new steaming iron or vacuum cleaner on the other hand...... :mysmilie_503:

Yay!! As many of you know because I started a thread about it, I also go one for my birthday last year because I had wanted one for so long. My husband is a romantic who buys thoughtful and much-appreciated gifts but realistically, I have all the jewellery I could ever need and I was thrilled skinny!!:happy::happy::happy:

Have to admit I'd be quite pleased with a Kitchen Aid, but only if someone else was paying, as I do think they are CRAZILY priced!!

One of the presenters suggested an Oreck vacuum cleaner as a mother's day gift at the weekend. Not entirely sure if that was tongue in cheek or not!!!!!!

Yay!! As many of you know because I started a thread about it, I also go one for my birthday last year because I had wanted one for so long. My husband is a romantic who buys thoughtful and much-appreciated gifts but realistically, I have all the jewellery I could ever need and I was thrilled skinny!!:happy::happy::happy:

I'm definately going to get one now? :mysmilie_14:

Not Mother's Day, but one of the best ones I ever heard was Dave Bradford over on Ideal World suggesting you buy a Ewbank Steam Cleaner as a 'romantic valentine's gift for the one you love'. Not half as romantic as explaining in a packed casualty department how it came to be jammed up your other half's posterior...:nod:

Not Mother's Day, but one of the best ones I ever heard was Dave Bradford over on Ideal World suggesting you buy a Ewbank Steam Cleaner as a 'romantic valentine's gift for the one you love'. Not half as romantic as explaining in a packed casualty department how it came to be jammed up your other half's posterior...:nod:

Uhhh.... colon cleansing?:giggle:

I would love a Kitchen Aid (though would prefer a Kenwood), wouldn't mind a steam generator iron or almost any other gadget (showroom shine would be fine too cos it makes my car shiny) - I really would be happy with anything like that.

He'd never buy me a vacuum cleaner cos he does that not me.:smirk:

After 25 years of marriage and 30 years together all told we've been through all the thoughtful, romantic gifts and tend to be more practical these days (with the occasional surprise). Fine by me!:sun:

As a mum, anything your child buys you means the world to you irrespective of what it is.

On the other hand if my hubby bought me a household appliance, he'd be wearing it!!

Carrying on from Frazzled's post -

I had an Ultrasonex toothbrush from QVC and eventually the head broke off and couldn't be repaired for teeth cleaning. I modified it for another use, and have been told that it is superb for that purpose :blush:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back