What time should the TSV be?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

stratobuddy

Registered Shopper
I have never really understood why QVC chose midnight to announce their new TSV.

It is far too late for many people to stay up, especially if you have to get up early for work or kids etc.

On the other hand, you may miss a really good "bargain" if you don't stay up!

They probably can't change to 9pm 'cos IW use that time.

I suggest 8pm, just after Corrie.

Do you prefer midnight, and if not, what time would you like?

I suppose it could be re named the ten o'clock special value. It would certainly suit me better.

We're probably more vulnerable to impulse buying in the wee small hours. That's the likely reasoning from QVC's pov.

QVC are never swayed by opinions on here however many are expressed ime.

It'd be really helpful to have a 5 minute preview at 10pm (9pm if they want to steal viewers from the POTD launch on IW). It needn't be available to buy at 10pm but if we got a good look at the coming TSV it'd help me decide whether to stay up for the midnight launch. I know they usually tease the TSV during the 11pm hour but it isn't on long enough to look at options and details.

Jude xx

The thing is now that we normally know the tsv on here - I rarely stay up unless I want to buy it and it might sell out. Not that many do these days as they are not as 'special value' as they used be!

Now on Saturday's into Sunday is my problem for the midnight TSV. Three glasses of wine and it all looks so totally fabulous and I cannot live without it(beauty that is).:wonder:

Doubt they will change it after so many years. Its like the Queen's Speak set in stone what time it goes out at.

I think it's fine as it is, and does anyone give two hoots about IW's POTD? It's bound to be a karcher washer, polti iron, bissell hoover or hideous kaftan

I totally agree with Rosey. Since I found this forum, there is no element of surprise with the TSVs as we usually get the info well before the day. I rarely stay up for any of them these days, but I am dreading the Nails Inc TSV! I hope it is something I won't like! What are the chances of that? Nil to None probably.:sweat:

If the TSV launched earlier, say some point between nine and midnight then people are more likely to be watching something else on TV and forget to tune in to the TSV.

I too think Midnight is waaaayyyy too late as I have to get up for work and sort children etc. I'm usually well asleep by 11pm. It would be nice to have it earlier - then at least you can set it to record and then tune in when you get chance before beddybyes. If I set it to record at midnight, chances are I won't get to see it until late into the next evening after tea.

Midnight is too late for me but I will have to stay up for Lola as stuff can sell out quickly. I would prefer 8pm or if it had to stay at midnight, put the info on the web a couple of hours earlier.

Thanks to our super sleuths the TSV is never a surprise, I don't know how I managed before I found the forum! I can't remember the last time I stayed up...probably would have done for the Elemis TSV before Christmas but I was in Oslo and the hubby kindly stayed up and ordered instead. Bless him :sun: I would definitely be in favour of having it on earlier though, 9 or 10pm seems reasonable to me...

Tx

I think midnight is too late during the week if there is a possibility of it selling out and you have to stay up; the weekend it's fine. The time suggested of 10pm would be good and not too far off midnight and still gives you all day to decide. They rarely present the TVS after 10pm anyway; if it's not sold out.

As well as time preferences, we could do with a say as to what the TSV should be. Birkie/Crocesques are certainly a no no for me, even at £12.

Thanks to our super sleuths the TSV is never a surprise, I don't know how I managed before I found the forum! I can't remember the last time I stayed up...probably would have done for the Elemis TSV before Christmas but I was in Oslo and the hubby kindly stayed up and ordered instead. Bless him :sun: I would definitely be in favour of having it on earlier though, 9 or 10pm seems reasonable to me...

Tx

How do I find out in advance what the TSV will be? Where do I find the info from these super-sleuths?

I'd like to see the TSV launch at 8 or 9, I never stay up until midnight and normally watch a repeat in the morning between 7 and 8 while getting ready for work. QVC will not get me stay up at midnight - I need my beauty sleep.

Yes. that's funny really - it is well known that the best thing beauty wise is a good night's sleep, yet the beauty TSVs are at midnight. Well there you have it, we could all save money and have a lovely young face by being in bed by 10pm, so if they won't change the time - all power to us lol!!:sun: 12pm is too late for me too and it should definitely be earlier, even at weekends.

I'm happy with the midnight launch. It is the start of a new day! And earlier in the evening I'll either be out or watching real TV.

Latest posts

Back