Clearance???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tilly O

Registered Shopper
I happened to switch over this morning and saw Peter Shurlock selling Opium 100 ml eau de toilette for £79.95. I would have thought that as much is being made of spring clearance on these channels that it would have sold below the previous price of £69.95 . I'm not au fait with sales rules and regulations but this seems an odd way of running a clearance event...:thinking:

I happened to switch over this morning and saw Peter Shurlock selling Opium 100 ml eau de toilette for £79.95. I would have thought that as much is being made of spring clearance on these channels that it would have sold below the previous price of £69.95 . I'm not au fait with sales rules and regulations but this seems an odd way of running a clearance event...:thinking:
Firstly, Peter Sherlock is the correct spelling.

No did you watch it long enough?

In spring clearance that i have seen so far they start at the normal start price, then drop it to how much they sold it for previously then drop it again to the clearance price.

This process sometimes takes up to 5 minutes................

Hi Thunderstorm,

Thank you for correcting my spelling of Peter's name.

Yes, I did watch all of the auction and it did go down to that price having started £10 higher. I noted the following day that Opium (100 ml) was on again, and that time sold for £68.95.

Tackiest thing I saw being peddled in the 'Spring Clearance Event' was a ring with a four leafed clover in a resin casing. It looked horrible and tacky. Even children wouldn't want this crapola. I don't know how Peter Sherlock could keep a straight face. :wonder:

Disappointed was watching Clearance with Andy Hodgson (whatever he took today I'm sure it wasn't legal he was well off his head) and I saw the sonic toothbrush coming up previously I had seen it go for £2.49 and £1 so as yesterday was payday I got ready to make my first purchase from Bid TV since 2004 but disappointingly for clearance it went for £13 so Bid you nearly got me back but the prospect of paying £21 for it I wasn't prepared to do.

Tackiest thing I saw being peddled in the 'Spring Clearance Event' was a ring with a four leafed clover in a resin casing. It looked horrible and tacky. Even children wouldn't want this crapola. I don't know how Peter Sherlock could keep a straight face. :wonder:

I saw them (or bid.tv) flogging the ear rings version of this. Perhaps that would have been more your sort of thing? :happy:

Latest posts

Back