Arrghh

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sim1

Registered Shopper
Could someone please tell Jill Franks how to pronounce Bolero...it is not Boleroo...it is Bowlayro...All she needs to do is remember the piece of music Torville and Dean skated to!!! It just sounds so wrong the way she says it!!

Erm Jill Franks is right it's "bol-or-o". It comes from the Spanish language and I'm guessing the cardi style bolero was originally a dance costume. The music is "Bol-aero" which is Russian and should have an accent over the e which I have no idea how to do but which explains the different pronunciation.

Last edited:
Oh lord I said it was Russian. I'm easily confused. Ravel, the composer was French but the music was composed for the Russian Ballet. But the accent over the e is still the issue.

Boléro. :sun: Drives me bonkers too Tinkerbelle, it started with Torville and Dean and just got worse. I suppose no-one's explained the difference between the two to most younger people. xxxxxxxxxx

PS Sorry Sim1 xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Boléro. :sun: Drives me bonkers too Tinkerbelle, it started with Torville and Dean and just got worse. I suppose no-one's explained the difference between the two to most younger people. xxxxxxxxxx

PS Sorry Sim! xxxxxxx

Coo look at you with yer accent!

Never mind the bolerooooooo, bolero whatever........she's just gone yeah yeah yeah yeah *four blimmin times* to Alexis. I think she is competing with Pipa (lol).

In this case she was only copying Lenny, he was calling it, he was pronouncing it like that all day, Kathy Tayler was copying him too.

Americans seem to use "bol-aero" and, as the QVC presenters know, it's the height of 'cool' to emulate anything from across the pond :p

Latest posts

Back