Largest Quantity Auction!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Sazza

Staff member
Oh dear Gems are doing 1200 of a Sarah Bennett ring tomorrow morning at 10.30am!!!
Wonder how long that auction will take???:yawn:

Sazza I don't understand how they can say its the largest quantity auction. Don't they now pull the auction at any time if they don't sell or is slow to sell?

Sazza I don't understand how they can say its the largest quantity auction. Don't they now pull the auction at any time if they don't sell or is slow to sell?

Exactly!!!
They are advertising this 1200 auction and it would look very bad if they had to pull it because it was going so slowly so the auction could on for ages!!!!!:wonder:

Probably until Friday! Oh wait - isn't that April Fool's Day? :cheeky:

:giggle:

Watched one this morning for a 2gram silver chain, had over 400 in the auction, then the system crashed and the call centre were doimng manual orders. Was stupid from the start, the graphics appeared at £17.99 then went again, Angeline said something along the lines o it being a mistake,then the price came back and she said that they would continue anyway, and something like how lucky we are .... I was eating toast at the time so very lucky I am still hear to tell the story. Anyway went to £7.99 didn't all sell available for an hour, blah, blah, blah. BStv would be a better name for the channel, In my opinion.

I can hear the sound of the bottom of a barrel being scraped....

Unfortunately all the fibres on my hallway carpet need to be individually checked tomorrow so I'll have to give the longest auction in the world a miss....:mysmilie_481:

Jinny

2 + 2 = Sarah Bennett ring? So of course all 1200 will sell!!! Just watch those graphics fly ....

*please read with note of sarcasm*

Well they pulled it after 25 minutes and there was around 650 left!

Anyone want one?? :giggle:

http://gems.tv/Products/Search.aspx#Product=QRLL59

I can't see the ring. Comes up as a blank page. Was it at a bargain price :wink:

I am sorry but they really cannot say the biggest quantity auction when they pull the fixed price game. Whats stopping them saying 5000 when they might only have 50 in stock :wonder:

and who cares anyway? What happened to all that pride in exclusivity with just small quantities of any one piece being made. Too easy to bump into somebody wearing the same thing now. xxxxxxxxxxxx

Don't think so thanks. :down:

The pink amethysts don't look very pink to me - p'raps my eyes are just getting old!

There are far too many large quantity 'auctions' now - most of the ones I have caught recently have been. It used to be that they only seemed to make maybe 20 or so at most and that was the major appeal. Now it seems like they churn out hundreds of some things...........or maybe it just feels like that cos nobody buys the buggers so they keep coming up again!:dull:

Don't think so thanks. :down:

The pink amethysts don't look very pink to me - p'raps my eyes are just getting old!

There are far too many large quantity 'auctions' now - most of the ones I have caught recently have been. It used to be that they only seemed to make maybe 20 or so at most and that was the major appeal. Now it seems like they churn out hundreds of some things...........or maybe it just feels like that cos nobody buys the buggers so they keep coming up again!:dull:

lol Susie! They're white quartz - so your eyes are fine!!!

Add me to the "no thanks" pile! I hope it looked better irl because that photo isn't very flattering!

lol Susie! They're white quartz - so your eyes are fine!!!

Add me to the "no thanks" pile! I hope it looked better irl because that photo isn't very flattering!

I thought they were supposed to be 'Pink Amethyst' too. Mind you, they could have been anything because all I could see were massive windows with a finger in the middle!! I am so glad I've lost my enthusiasm for buying jewellery these days because Gems TV are a joke selling tat using presenters who take lying as second nature, Rocks & Co's gold weights and prices are ridiculous and TJC have just lost the plot altogether!! Oh well, never mind, with all the rings I have it would take me years to wear a different one every day and I can spend my money on more practical things. Maybe I should be saying Thank You to all the TV jewellery channels for being so s**te and steering me so far away :happy:

I can honestly say if I won the lottery , I would not buy anything from Gems , none of it is very tasteful in my opinion and I flick onto Gems TV briefly and I sound like Victor Mildrew spouting off " I don't believe it" because I ALWAYS seem to see the same 9k Ict diamond ring with appalling diamonds or a Tookalon bracelet or a multi gem monstrosity ring .
Whereas I sigh with envy at some of Rocks and Co ONE collection, last night's Emerald pendant would have been on my shopping list..............had I won the lottery!!!! LOL

"A captivating White Quartz Ring from the Sarah Bennett collection" :eek:

Captivate – enthral, fascinate, mesmerise, hypnotise

Perhaps the presenter should have started with "Look into my eyes, not round the eyes but into the eyes"

Absolute rubbish!

Latest posts

Back