The Models

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

mimi

Registered Shopper
I really should get out more I know but.....whenever i do turn to IW (very rare these days as I'm not in the market for a sat nav, pocket surfer or Karcher and I don't craft) it's a 'fashion' air and the models trot out (normallly bad feet woman and the other two blondes). Why on earth do IW let them say so much? It's irritating to hear that every nasty frumpy item is 'fabulous', 'so stylish' etc. etc. I know they can't stand there and rubbish the items but perhaps if they just modelled and nothing else I wouldn't be so irritated that they 'liked' every item.

They irritate me too :rolleyes: they say the same old thing EVERY time

Just a nice length if you have tummy/bottom 'issues'
You can dress it up or down
You can wear it with jeans, a nice skirt, cut offs ;), with a belted jumper and boots in the winter
Sometimes lace can be scratchy.......but this is lovely and soft
I wouldn't have gone for this colour normally........but it's really nice on isn't it? :rolleyes: (not from where I'm sitting love)
My Mum has 'shed loads' of these
I think this is suitable for all ages

And Julie with the poor feet puts 'you know' before everything

lol MB

Yes, they do talk a lot
smilie-2.gif

Some of the stuff wouldn't be so bad if they didn't insist on using such putrid "colourways". Some of that Emilia stuff wouldn't be so bad if you could mix and match the colours..ie chose the black trousers and a top in a different colour.
There is no way, I would go out dressed from head to toe in "Teal" or purple. It just looks so unbelievably frumpy!

I'm not totally against stretchy fabric, as long as it isn't "slinky" but why can't they make a few "camisoles" with straight across necklines and spaghetti straps, the perfect garment to wear under a jacket or sheer blouse..not these hideous clumpy "u" necked sleeveless t-shirts that don't look nice on their own, and do nothing to enhance and outfit, and with their sets lose the horrible shapless cardigans, that they like to call "jackets" Totally useless garments imo...not to mention ugly!

They irritate me too :rolleyes: they say the same old thing EVERY time

Just a nice length if you have tummy/bottom 'issues'
You can dress it up or down
You can wear it with jeans, a nice skirt, cut offs ;), with a belted jumper and boots in the winter
Sometimes lace can be scratchy.......but this is lovely and soft
I wouldn't have gone for this colour normally........but it's really nice on isn't it? :rolleyes: (not from where I'm sitting love)
My Mum has 'shed loads' of these
I think this is suitable for all ages

And Julie with the poor feet puts 'you know' before everything

Glad its not just me thinking this either! Perhaps the moddles are on commission too :D

The only 'fashion' shows I can watch are with Loen who is such a scream, I dont care what anyone else says :p

I think Loen's great as well, totally watchable but unfortunately the "fashion" just doesn't suit her at all. She's got a really pretty and modern face if you know what I mean, and the IW stuff makes her look as though she's raided her nan's wardrobe. To be fair, I think it's the same on QVC too, you can usually tell when a "fashion hour" is iminent when clips of the presenters wearing clothes that don't quite sit right keep popping up!

Back to the Emilia monstrosities....I wouldn't have minded having a pair of the stretch black trousers, but what puts me off is that the models always seem to wear them with evening shoes, which look totally frumpy, are totally inappropriate for day wear, and tell me that the trousers will be far too long to be able to be worn with flat boots underneath, or sandals.

Most trousers are too long for flat shoes. Those on QVC tend to have a length of 30" or 31" and I find that 28" is what I want as I tend to wear flat shoes (and have short legs!)

Therefore never buy trousers from shopping telly shows. Only crops!

well ive stopped watching the fashion shows but if im channel hopping and catch eye of one, the only thing that gets me through it and stuck on it is Loen, she is sooooo funny, doesnt care what them upstairs say she does her own thing and makes me laugh anyway, so the odd show now and again is worth watching if only to listen to her comedy comments lmao!!!:D

angel x

Whats going on with Julie bad feet's cleavage, it looks like she's been stabbed! wouldn't you think they'd slap abit of eyesential on it before they zoom in on it, that would convince me to buy it more than Daves baggy eye shot :D

That waterfall jacket.......what's it all about? Looks a right two and eight :confused:

i know!!!! i think they were designed to hide the more.....shall i say........fuller figured ladies behind:Dalthough i consider myself to have this affliction i wouldnt be seen dead in one of these 'jackets' lol as i really think they actually emphasise the big behind even more cause your eye is drawn to the waterfall parrt of it which is the longest part, covering the big a**!!:eek: they make them look bigger !!!!:rolleyes:how stupid can you get, and i dont know if its just me, but why do all the clothes on IW look like over 70yr olds clothes??? apart from a couple of nice tops that ive spotted over the last few months there is nothing of interest, so i dont watch now on fashion hours. My mum is 69,and she dresses more trendy than these clothes

angel x:rolleyes:

As a larger lady I wouldn't been seen dead in any of the so called fashion items that I have seen on Ideal Word over the last year or so . All that slinky fabric does is emphasise the lumps and bumps and bring you out in a "Hot flush" if like me you are of a certain age not a good look !!

That waterfall jacket.......what's it all about? Looks a right two and eight :confused:

What a hideous and useless garment! It looks like something a year 7 student has started to make in the first term of secondary school and gave up half way through. There's absolutely NOTHING going for it. The sleeves are too tight and too short, the front's a total mess, and the material looks sweaty and clingy.

This model looks like shes just come indoors from taking the rubbish out, but one of the bags has accidentally got stuck to her.

Attachments

• waterfall jacket.jpg
    waterfall jacket.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 235
that's the beauty of IW.....ALL their clothes are hideous and useless. And the uglier the piece, the more i love it :tassles:

Was it you who posted the pink floral trousers..if so well done...they're the ugliest things I've ever seen! I know what you're saying, it is highly amusing, but in a way, I wish they'd actually try and sell a few more clothes that people actually might like to buy. I suppose they're filling a gap in the market, as apart from the few "market stall" type shops, and actual market stalls you'd be hard pushed to find such monstrosities on the high street!

Coooeeee Mrs James, I've found the perfect cardi to wear with those trousers... Now what's that all about. Is that ugly or what?...Oh and check out the skirt, now that slims her hips now doesn't it?!!!!

Attachments

• hideous cardi.jpg
    hideous cardi.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 245
what a fab look....a cardy that gives you bulging biceps.I'd be the talk of the town in that getup ( whether i want to be or not ) :eek:

I'll fight ya for it....

what a fab look....a cardy that gives you bulging biceps.I'd be the talk of the town in that getup ( whether i want to be or not ) :eek:

I'll fight ya for it....

What do you mean? Thought you were already......well, that's what I heard anyway!! ;)

Latest posts

Back