Capped P & P

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wrongsideof40

Registered Shopper
Today is a prime example why we should have capped p & p. Many people would like to buy matching items of Lola Rose but are put off by the postage on each item. QVC would benefit by doing this because we would be more likely to buy more.
WAKE UP QVC most of the country is struggling financially. Help to convince us why we should spend our hard earned money with you. :mysmilie_365:

WIth jewellery they should charge just one P & P over a day, jewellery isn't that big and bulky and GEms TV do it, don't they?

So true.
Especially with things like today's TSV where you can be very tempted to buy it in more than one colour. But to have to pay full P&P for each one...the SAME item just a different colour is absolutely ridiculous, daylight robbery.

Le Q has lost the plot as far as P & P goes these days and I'm sure they're losing customers too..it's not often I purchase now....only two items this year so far I think and one of those only as they'd sent me a voucher which had to be used by a certain date...I'd sooner shop elsewhere, whether online or on the high street...so many other places now knock spots off QVC.

When Liz Earle was on free P&P the other week I was encouraged to buy more than I needed. I would have been happy with say a £5 charge for as many items in the hour/day. I am sure they still made profit. Would be interested in their sales figures for those shows - bet they far exceeded normal LE hours.

Good point & I totally agree. I bought the bracelet & earrings I wanted direct from LR to avoid the additional postage from Q as it does mount up when you are buying a few things. Capped would be fairer as free P & P is probably never going to be an option with Q.

At least once a week I decide not to buy something I would like purely because of the postage. I've also noticed an inconsistency in postage - heavy items don't always cost a lot more p&p than lighter things.

Absolutely. The necklace, bracelet and earrings would be £10.85 in postage whereas it would probably cost around £3. Ouch!

I agree with everyone. I watch QVC to see demos of things I've never heard of, of interest to me eg tools, electronics, kitchen gadgets (ANYTHING called a gadget in fact).

Then I scour the internet, and wherever possible buy it from somewhere else, and invariably with free postage. In fact, today I bought a fairly bulky £75 electronic gadget from Ebay, with free postage.

Sometimes you HAVE to buy from QVC eg an exclusive hi-spec HP PC TSV on 4 easypays, but the PP was an extortionate £19-95.
:mysmilie_476:

the p and p enrages me to be honest, I have just bought some silver hoop earings for my niece from Amazon, order placed online late Sunday evening, package on my door mat when I got in from work today and free p and p. Beat that QVC!! Oh and the earings are lovely too

Did i read on here there was a petition to sign about the ridiculous P&P charges. Any idea where it is, I would sign it.

QVC are certainly losing custom over it but if they haven't done anything about it after all this time, I'm pretty sure they never will. I would also question if there is some sort of anti-competitive legislation for Europe that means if they do it in Italy and Germany, then they should do it here also.

I ordered some Lola Rose yesterday ( despite saying I wouldn't!) & as long as we all do they will keep the P&P charges where they are.I am a great Amazon fan where i can buy & it doesn't cost me any delivery & the prices are good too!When I used to order Liz Earle I used their web site as there was 1 charge irrespective of the number of items.There must be so many people on here that if we didn't order anything for a month would it make a big difference?

So many online retailers include p & p, which I think customers prefer as the price quoted is transparent. Maybe qvc think they have such a loyal customer base that they'll buy regardless. Well we're in a recession and a lot of people need to count every penny.

Or maybe they realise that if they quote the price including p & p, they'll show how uncompetitive they've become and we'll go elsewhere.

As a single father of two qvc has been brilliant for me over the past 5 years. I used to order a couple of times a month. Now I'm down to the odd tsv on candles etc as most things are cheaper elsewhere. It takes years to build loyalty but their losing it rapidly.

Wake up and smell the coffee QVC decision makers:down:

QVC ARE AWARE of customer grumbles, because yesterday CH made a point of mentioning the added p and p cost to the cost of a garment, but then started to spout the company 'line' of car parking charges, petrol, 30 day mbg that no one else would offer blah de blah, - however, very little was said about the cost of returning the item which can be up to a THIRD less to post back.

Just imagine a beauty tsv costing the normal £39.43 and mulitply that by around 5,000 that are sold = £197,150. and say the cost of p & p for each unit is the norm £5.45 x 5,000 = £27,250 . well, you can imagine the profit being made on just ONE single item being sold on qvc.

Makes your eyes water doesn't it.

I'm Sooooo hacked off with QVC at the moment. What with them not capping p & p for the Lola Rose or anything else for that matter.:angry: :angry: :angry:
I ordered the kipling try me on 22/3/11 and paid £4.45 p & p
On 28/3/11 I ordered a kipling bag from rtherapy with free p & p. This bag arrived this morning. :up: :up: :up:
No prizes for guessing the QVC one hasn't even turned up yet. :down: :down: :down:
Thank you rtherapy for fast efficient service
and Thanks QVC for NOTHING !!! :mysmilie_51:

I agree with comments re Lola Rose. I went for the tsv yesterday and would have happily bought another colour option but did not because I would have been charged full p&p again. I also note that most of my Lola Rose is sent 2nd class in the post so cheap to post. For the record if I chose to go to town and pay for parking it would still be less than if I had ordered two tsvs yesterday. So for me that argument is wearing thin!

do you know what always makes me smile in an ironic sort of way? Kipling bag hours where they always go on about how light the bags are and what a plus this is as you can put loads of stuff in. How come this super light product then costs £4 plus to stuff in a plastic bag and shove in the post?

I ordered a fab value elemis kit from www.lookfantastic.com late on Tuesday night. It was free p& p. It arrived before 8 o' clock this morning. Fab purple bag that is much bigger than it looked. :up: :up: :up:
Still waiting for kipling bag ordered last week from QVC with £4.45 postage. I don't know how they get away with charging sooo much yet it takes soooo long to be delivered. :down: :down: :down:
How come the websites that offer free postage get the items to us sooo much quicker?

Latest posts

Back