Safeguard Opinion

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

emerald

Registered Shopper
Hallo everyone

Paid a visit to a Safeguard valuer today at a local jewellers I took along three Iliana rings.Two of them Mozambique tourmalines whether Paraiba or Cuprian well its anybodys guess,one valued at double the price I paid and the other slightly more than double as it lends more towards the blue colour both of them a higher carat weight than minimum stated.

Next he took a look at an Emerald and Diamond ring I bought when wee Derky presented his very first night at TJC its a dark Brazilian colour(more like russian diopside) with 2 fifteen point diamonds either side the emerald 90 points though he thought nearer 96 points.I paid £350 and he valued it at £2,400 well I nearly fell off my chair.

Now dont get me wrong I know this is just for insurance purposes and if I put them on e-Bay tomorrow I would be lucky to get what I paid for them but I doubt if I would ever go to a jewellers shop and pay that sort of cash and the emerald is the type I had lusted after for a while so Im glad I tuned in to watch Derky's debut night.

The cost to value three items was £117.35 he took photos etc but I have to wait three weeks to get the paperwork sent to me

Thanks Gemcherub

Only got them valued in case I loose any of them and need to get them insured seperately and wanted to see if they would be valued at least the amount I paid for them and just thought other members might be interested in current prices for safeguard valuations.

Last edited:
I have the codes but dont know if they will come up as they were purchased a while back
they are 505381,492732,597471.I have tried photographing the tourmalines before but they didnt turn out well but to be honest they dont have the colour saturation as some I have seen on here.As for loading them on here Im still in the process of working out how to get my holiday pics from my phone on to the computer a chap in the pub showed me how to e-mail them to myself but by the time I got home I had forgotten how to do it.Need to pay a visit to my local again and maybe get more lessons on how to load things on to here.

Thanks Gemcherub most of my friends like the first one though they usually see it at its best under the sparkly halogen lights when we are out both tourmalines seem to change colour in that light.

Thanks Sazza for posting the links maybe if I spend more time in the pub I can develop my computer skills with help from the resident expert.

Thanks Sazza for posting the links maybe if I spend more time in the pub I can develop my computer skills with help from the resident expert.

I didn't now how do this either till Gemcherub helped me Emerald

Find the item on website, select the entire link, copy and then paste into your post

If you save a link to your Favourites you can then use that and just change the item number each time then copy & paste (use one of Sazza's links – right-click)

Your rings are lovely

Although we understand how the insurance valuations work, I'm sure it's great to have confirmation that you made wise purchases and got good value. Smashing rings. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back