Smashbox 5pm Hour

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Well, I was looking forward to watching this while I had my tea (Fish fingers in case you are interested - I do believe Cheryl Cole once ate one when she was growing up in the North East), unfortunately it was ruined by Gobby bleating on about celebrity blah-blah the WHOLE TIME.

I learned that the Smashbox studios are famous for private appointments, that the celebrities who go in there sometimes use the back door to arrive and leave to protect their privacy (Cheryl Cole uses doors - she sometimes even opens them herself). I learned that some of them have their own personal dog walkers at the studio. I learned that these celebrities are famous and stuff and have lots of money and appear in magazines (Cheryl Cole sometimes is in Magazines. Sometimes she reads them, but sometimes she can only look at the pictures). :yawn::wonder:

I didn't however learn anything about the make up. I wanted to know about the Halo powder and a couple of other bits. All I did find out was that it has flecks of gold in it that are full of sheen (Cheryl Cole has sheeny hair). That everyone in the studio was wearing fair. That nurses who can't wear make up, can wear this with mascara and lip gloss and get away with it (Cheryl Cole once thumped someone in a toilet and they needed to go to hospital, where they were looked after by a nurse. I wonder if they were wearing Smashbox?)...

I DO NOT CARE ABOUT CELEBRITY BLAH-BLAH. TELL ME ABOUT THE MAKE UP, THE SHADES AND TEXTURES AND APPLICATION TECHNIQUES. CUT THE OTHER ROLLOCKS.

There. I'm all better now. :talking:

My brain felt like scrambled eggs after that show. What is she on? This celebrity mania is getting ridiculous and does not impress me at all, or encourage me to buy products. Also, what the hell are floaty eyebrows?? Demonstrating eye tech thingy, AY tells us that with Spring coming we might be moving into floaty, less fitted clothes and said product would be perfect with that type of fashion. Surely an eyebrow is an eybrow and should not match your skirt! A cup of camomile tea was needed.

Must admit I'm getting a tad hacked off with our "resident beauty expert" of late. Like you Cavey I want to know about the products not that she was doing a "Hello" photo shoot or walking her dogs in a hat!! What the flick has that got to do with how to apply eye shaddow if you have small close set eyes???

My brain felt like scrambled eggs after that show. What is she on? This celebrity mania is getting ridiculous and does not impress me at all, or encourage me to buy products. Also, what the hell are floaty eyebrows?? Demonstrating eye tech thingy, AY tells us that with Spring coming we might be moving into floaty, less fitted clothes and said product would be perfect with that type of fashion. Surely an eyebrow is an eybrow and should not match your skirt! A cup of camomile tea was needed.

Brilliant and I ROFLMAO at your fantastic comment. Love it xx

Not seen any Smashbox today but I tried to watch a demo of something from the Mally TSV and just gave up. I wanted to see the ****** makeup and not listen to shite. It made me realise yet another reason why I hardly ever watch QVC now.

Guess I'm different - I enjoyed the 5pm hour!!!! I don't take any of it seriously and just let the nonsense wash over me.

It sure beats buying Smashbox in Debenhams.

Once upon a time. A long,long,long,long,long,long,long,long,long,long,long,long, long,long,long,long,long,long,long,long,long time ago.

Alison Young was a beauty expert on the shopping channel QVC. She gave advice and even told you how to use products.

Yes I am very very very old and do remember this. The young ones think I am telling fairy stories and this is really just an urban legend.

Since my eyebrows will not go with a floaty dress, hell I don't wear floaty dresses. Alison has told me not to leave the flat incase I get arrested for not following her law.

As someone said above, she harps on about nurses not being able to wear make-up.

Where on earth has she got that from?

I've worked in hospitals all my life and nurses definitely do wear make-up. They can't wear jewelery other than a wedding ring but why wouldn't they be able to wear make-up?

As someone said above, she harps on about nurses not being able to wear make-up.

Where on earth has she got that from?

I've worked in hospitals all my life and nurses definitely do wear make-up. They can't wear jewelery other than a wedding ring but why wouldn't they be able to wear make-up?

True, I work in a hospital for part of my job and the nurses wear make up. Can't wear nail varnish, dangly earrings and wristwear. Make up has no impact on infection control, don't know what Gobby is on about but then QVC is not about the real world.

Talking about floaty eyebrows, is the Try Me kit any good? Not so sure about the colour of the eyeliner but it does look like a good deal and my eyebrows do need some attention.

I went for the Try Me, purely for the brow tech which I've been dying to try but it's expensive as a single item. The liner i haven't used but I tested it in Debenhams, couldn't get it off my hand! It was still visible later when I'd washed my hands so it's probably fair to say the staying power is good! The lipgloss will be going on eBay if I like the liner and brows, I could sell Smashbox gloss I have that many!!

(snip) Also, what the hell are floaty eyebrows?? Demonstrating eye tech thingy, AY tells us that with Spring coming we might be moving into floaty, less fitted clothes and said product would be perfect with that type of fashion. Surely an eyebrow is an eybrow and should not match your skirt!

Wait a minute... so you're saying that I didn't need to dye my eyebrows bright red to match my clothes?

Bugger... :sweat:

Wait a minute... so you're saying that I didn't need to dye my eyebrows bright red to match my clothes?

Bugger... :sweat:

Ha ha,:grin: imagine matching your eyebrows to match all the nausea inducing prints QVC sell, reckon animal print would feature heavily, anyone for zebra striped brows?

Remember the good old days when we had the lovely Timber telling us how to use all the Smashbox products? I bought one of the eyeliners (Picasso, the navy blue one) and I'm still using it - it must be about 10 years old by now! I don't use it every single day but that's pretty good going.

Remember the good old days when we had the lovely Timber telling us how to use all the Smashbox products? I bought one of the eyeliners (Picasso, the navy blue one) and I'm still using it - it must be about 10 years old by now! I don't use it every single day but that's pretty good going.

Ahhh Timber. Those were the glory days indeed.:star::mysmilie_852::mysmilie_851::heart:

I knew someone who was trained by Timber, he was just as gorgeous in real life.

I got made up by Daniel, he is so lovely. He was the one who told me I should only use the Blond Brow Tech(wish they would bring out that shade in the stick one), oh and I am 0 or fair in their foundation and Halo.

LOL at this thread :sun: I watched the first minute of it, until the moment AY spouted about 'wanting you on the phones for this first item', funnily enough, I turned over then. What a load of rubbish re the celeb stuff - what the........ is that all about?! I really like watching the Smashbox 'team' applying all the make up and giving tips, such a shame about that first comment and all the loudness and sales talk rubbishimo :wonder:

I wish AY would stop taking the p!ss out of guests pronouncing things in the American way or accidentally mis-pronouncing words...after all, they're AMERICAN!! She went on and on about Alison mis-pronouncing 'Thames' and it was really rude! I don't think Alison was overly pleased but of course she kept on smiling. Considering AY herself butchers words left right and centre, it's a bit rich to take the mick out of her guests when they (accidentally) do the same.

Latest posts

Back