Leighton Denny Nails

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mrsmouse

Registered Shopper
Having held out until the final presentation of the last TSV, I finally succumbed and bought it .... mainly cos I liked the purple colour - I know I should have waited and bought it on its own off the famous auction site but logic seems to evade me at times! I put it on my nails last night and this evening have "touched up" both index finger nails and a thumb nail. Is it just me or do some of his colours chip much more easily than others? Last week I wore supermodel and it lasted 5 days.

I absolutely agree with you..I got the three piece gelato set and 2 of them chip really badly really quickly.
As you say, other colours are fine for a few days.

Isnt that strange !!!!!!!!!!! Was just thinking the same about my OPI japenese Rose garden. This one seems to be wearing away on the ends of the nails almost from day one. Very strange

I use Seche Vite too, it's awesome!

Leading Lilac lasted 8 days on me, most colours last around that but I am known to get bored and change colour every couple of days ;) Jailbird chipped on me after a day though :(

If you use Seche Vite topcoat, any good nail varnish will stay. It's fab and the cheapest I've found here:-

http://uk.beverlybeaute.com/good.php?mode=view&code=09&Page=1&no=2

I use Seche Vite too but get mine from Ebay - you can get it for £6.00-£6.50 on there. With the p&p on the above site it was over a tenner. It is the best top coat I have ever tried.

I have the LD supermodel colour and it lasts for the best part of a week. I bought the tsv but sent it back as I didnt like the colours - so really don't know how well they lasted.

I find Leighton Denny polishes useless, they just peel off whole within a day never mind chip!

Top coat wise I much prefer Nails Inc Caviar top coat than Seche Vite.

The best top coat I ever used was Revlon Colourstay. It came in a box with a nail colour & they lasted ages without chipping, sometimes a fortnight!
No idea why they discontinued it as they still sell other Colourstay products.

Seche Vite doesn't work any better than Nails Inc Caviar for me.

Nothing but nothing stays on my nails. I have tried every make possible. Top coat, base coats, colours, nudes, brights. They all either peel or chip.

I have a couple of LD polishes that are brilliant ... a bright orange and a creamy beige ... but most of his polishes are really floppy and I just can't get thin enough coats to ensure staying power.

I find that OPI is the best for me but not all OPI polishes last equally well. I like Nails Inc but some of their recent polishes just don't last on me. I love The Thames which is a proper grey and if I can get it on well it's fine but it's a nightmare to get thin enough coats to enable it to dry properly between coats.

At the mo I'm wearing Miss Sporty in a metallic bubble gum pink at the shocking cost of £1.99. I'm on day three without a chip!

Latest posts

Back