Jerome Alexander

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Wrongsideof40

Registered Shopper
Has anyone on here tried his products ? Watched a bit this morning and thought both models looked better in the before shots. It looks a bit chalky to me. :eek:

The Italian Marble powder is the only 'foundation' I get on with. Can't bear liquids and other powders look to powdery(?!). His doesn't look or feel as though I am wearing makeup but the overall effect is excellent - even complexion, redness gone etc. I know a lot of people don't like it but for me it is the only one!:happy:

I agree with you, the before shots always look better than the after don't they? The makeup looks a bit too heavy for me. I'm a redhead with pale skin and I have to be careful. Good old faithful Lizzie Arden is my favourite and has been for 30 years!

Is it just me, or is he rather rough with the models? I noticed today that he was dragging a liner under an eye and the girls cornea was getting redder and redder.

Is it just me, or is he rather rough with the models? I noticed today that he was dragging a liner under an eye and the girls cornea was getting redder and redder.

He behaves appallingly with the poor models. A make-up artist should never hold on to the client's or model's head for a start! His makeup looks rubbish to me, so I was surprised to see a favourable comment about the Italian Marble powder. I have never watched an entire Jerome Alexander show, mind you.

JA is well known for grabbing the models and nearly putting their eyes out on a few occasions. They should get danger money to work with him.

The IM looks way too dark for me as well, unless I was going for the Tangoed look.

Judging by his rough attitude, he should be selling his wares on discreet S&M websites/shops. :sweat:

Oh and for all his 3000 thousand years experience he really is a numpty.

Every makeup artist will tell you never put cream products over powder they always go under. Yet in ever demo I have ever seen he slaps on the marble powder then applies the stick concealer which is a cream texture.

Oh and last night I caught a bit whilst flicking channels. He has so much of the powder flying around when applying it the models etc must be inhaling it. Not good for the lungs, you could clearly see it and not even on camera close ups.

Did anyone hear his dig at Bobbi Brown? He didn't say her name but it was so clear that is who he meant.

Did anyone hear his dig at Bobbi Brown? He didn't say her name but it was so clear that is who he meant.

:handshake:

He has a dig at her more or less every time he is on, usually starts with 'there's a certain lady make up artists who charges...':tongue: Yes, she does charge more, but her make up is superior quality and she has much more idea of what suits women that you do Grandad Orange Gob...

Also likes to have a dig at Smashbox too - always going on about their primer compared to his...do me a favour...:angel:

I'm going to upset the apple cart here, but his make up is great, but you need to see past him first!

He looks creepy, and the way he "slaps" it on the models, he ought to be in the building trade....not beauty! I agree the models do look better 9 times out of 10 "before", but that's down to the application.

I only tried it 'cause I was a fan of MDL Italian Marble powder, I'd almost run out and wanted some more but it had gone and JA's was the only available, so I tried it.......same stuff!

I ended up buying a set of JA cosmetics and this is my verdict

Everything was really good quality, especially the make up brushes...the mascara is fabulous, doesn't clump, or irritate the eyes and at £24.99 for 12 you can't go wrong.

The make up brushes are top quality, the eyeshadows are velevety...the non marble ones that is, the marble ones aren't so good. The shea lipsticks are fab and stay put all day. The eyeliners are soft and don't drag. Most of his sets come in really useful cases.

Don't let the Oompah Loompah fool you, he's his own worst enemy. Try it!

I think if he had a someone else come on and explain and demo his makeup it would be totally different. The mauling the models get from him, he is lucky he doesn't have an ASBO.

Now I do not like using powder foundation so I am not a customer, nor likely to be. He is not the only shopping telly makeup range which only seems to come in one shade suits all. No good for the pale amongst us, actually it does tend to be US brands. Now makeup artist brands are better for more paler shades.

The concealer stick looked orange.:sweat:

Latest posts

Back