Guess The Age of HRH

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

P

Pinkpussycat

Guest Shopper
How old do you think this photo of Queenie on QVC homepage is?? My guess it was taken at least 10 years ago but I bet the vain old trout won't allow QVC to use a more recent pic. :devil:

HRH.jpg

If I was to have to have my mugshot in my "company" website you can your sweet bippy it would be soft focussed and photoshopped to within a mm if a gnat's wrinkle! And if I could find one from 10 years ago then all the better.

Come to think of it my photo is on my company website and whilst it has not been photoshopped it is a good three years old and it is exceptionally flattering.

That's fine if you and your employers are both happy about it but ime companies usually have ID photos etc updated periodically as a matter of course. However people will still make comparisons and when the difference is as marked as Queenie's mugshot it really is ridiculous. :emo:

Absolutely ... for ID purposes photos should be kept up to date and should be a fairly true representation but this is a publicity shot. It's supposed to make her look as good as possible. I'm not disputing that the Julia we see on our screens look somewhat less glam and youthful and definitely slimmer but she's not the only one guilty of having their best forward on a company website.

Oh and in my case I'm the MD and I own the company but it was the marketing guy who chose the photo. I did OK it though but I would rather not have my ruddy photo up there.

If I owned the company I'd just change the ****** rules and take it off. :mysmilie_61:

How old do you think this photo of Queenie on QVC homepage is?? My guess it was taken at least 10 years ago but I bet the vain old trout won't allow QVC to use a more recent pic. :devil:

HRH.jpg

:wonder:

Looks like she's wearing one of the first Tiana B dresses, so it will be however long ago they first appeared on there. :wonder:

Looks like she's wearing one of the first Tiana B dresses, so it will be however long ago they first appeared on there. :wonder:

Wow, I'm impressed that you can tell from the photo what she is wearing.

How did you work that one out?? It may not be a dress at all, it could just be a red top. :rolleyes:

Does it really matter what photograph is on the website? It's not like you don't see the real person every time she is on

I hate having my photo taken for my work ID but given the choice I would want one that was flattering as I am sure if we are honest we all would.

I am more concerned about pictures of products that don't reflect the real thing really don't see why an old pic of a presenter on the website would ne a problem, after all the QVC website is not known for being the most up to date with anything

Does it really matter what photograph is on the website? It's not like you don't see the real person every time she is on

I hate having my photo taken for my work ID but given the choice I would want one that was flattering as I am sure if we are honest we all would.

I am more concerned about pictures of products that don't reflect the real thing really don't see why an old pic of a presenter on the website would ne a problem, after all the QVC website is not known for being the most up to date with anything

I agree and I wonder if this thread was started because there hasn't been a new thread about Julia for about 5 minutes. :giggle:

Blessed be the photogenic, I am not one of them.
I'll let Queenie off with this one, because having seen an oh so clever agency, who have such clever "wacky" staff they use "wacky" id's and avatars like Rose West's mug shot, Julia's pic is totally acceptable.

However not JR or anyone, not even Keith Richards should be allowed squint and hold text or phone handsets at arm's length and struggle in vain to focus because they're too lazy/vain/forgetful about glasses or their lenses.
*This is universal Loveheart, my foibles are egalitarian, no persecution of JR this time*

not just JR, ALL of the presenter photos on the Q web are retouched to the max and quite right too.
even Dawbags looks close to normal :clapping:

Lets face it the whole media/fashion world is airbrushed to the max!

What is worrying in my opinion is the amount of fashion mags that do it (have always done it and will always do it). Young people today stand no chance of growing up happy with their appearance as every mag they read has some starlet (male or female) looking fab and blemish free! No ordinary human being can live up to that fantasy!

My big bugbear of the moment is the Freederm ad, all gorgeous young models, fully made up, soft lens and airbrushed/photoshopped! Give me a normal girl/guy with spots and show me the difference after 3 weeks use etc! I'm tempted to complain about the ad but doubt it will do any good!

If I owned the company I'd just change the ****** rules and take it off. :mysmilie_61:

I think I might just have myself airbrushed and photoshopped to the hilt!! Trouble is if I do that peeps who meet me will be so disappointed lol.

She had a Tiana B dress in that exact shade of red she wore lots and lots when they first came to QVC so it must be that as she loves it.

On a side note - anyone know where Joolyer is? She should have been on last weekend and was missing, was supposed to launch Kim n Co last night and wasn't there and is missing from Friday fashion for the second week running. Weird city - unlike her to not be around!! Hope all is OK.

Latest posts

Back