who did the scheduling????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loobi

Registered Shopper
Tookalon on both channels 7 - 8 . Surely doesnt take a rocket scientist to provide variety. Maybe Tookalon is soopa- popular??? Or maybe they just cant shift the stuff so we have to be fully immersed in it.....seriously though I thought the idea of 2 channels was so that we had two distinct styles etc................proof here that was a fantasy too

Pssssssst got a lot of lovely Tookalon tucked into me vault - need to shift it quick :grin:

I used to like Tookalon and had some lovely pieces in the early days but now I see so much of it on screen, I now start to think it is hideous. Gems seem to be over killing the appeal of Tookalon. It seems that there is panic to churn out masses of Tookalon and it has definitely lost it's appeal now .

I agree - Tookalon use to have some really delicate and lovely pieces; now it's like everything else Gems do - overblown, tasteless and unsophisticated....

I'm also not loving the coloured quartz; all this mystic/chameleon/twilight stuff just looks like Kirks Folly to me!

Jinny

Yet another Tookalon Hour this morning on Gems!!! It is a handmade collection so the poor people making the pieces must be working so hard these days to have enough stock for all these hours!!!! :wonder:

Yet another Tookalon Hour this morning on Gems!!! It is a handmade collection so the poor people making the pieces must be working so hard these days to have enough stock for all these hours!!!! :wonder:

I'm becoming really worried about this. I seriously believe that the term "sweatshop labour" may well be applicable. xxxxxxxxxxx

I agree - Tookalon use to have some really delicate and lovely pieces; now it's like everything else Gems do - overblown, tasteless and unsophisticated....

I'm also not loving the coloured quartz; all this mystic/chameleon/twilight stuff just looks like Kirks Folly to me!

Jinny

I saw a smashing druzy on a bracelet this morning that was completely ruined for me by the addition of "mystic" quartz. If folk like it (which they seem to) why mix it with the less treated "gem"stones. No doubt to give the impression of something "natural". xxxxxxxx

Gems TV finally has proper EPG listings!

At long last, after 10 months of useless 'GemsTV' / 'Genuine Gemstone Jewellery' on the Sky EPG, we finally have listed themed hours as of today, however Gems TV currently has the Gems TV Extra listings and Extra has listings that mostly don't match.

Arrgh, how hard is it to get this right? I'm not sure if its an error on Sky's part or crossed wires with Gems TV.

Tbh, having the themed hours on the EPG is something I've missed since the change of ownership back in June 2010.

Last edited:
At long last, after 10 months of useless 'GemsTV' / 'Genuine Gemstone Jewellery' on the Sky EPG, we finally have listed themed hours as of today, however Gems TV currently has the Gems TV Extra listings and Extra has listings that mostly don't match.

Arrgh, how hard is it to get this right? I'm not sure if its an error on Sky's part or crossed wires with Gems TV.

Tbh, having the themed hours on the EPG is something I've missed since the change of ownership back in June 2010.

GemsTV did indeed have the GemsXtra listing on the EPG yesterday and today it is back to saying "'Genuine Gemstone Jewellery"

Oh and Xtra is currently have another Tookalon show, actually two hour special!!!! :wonder:

Have Gems Got A Job Lot of Emeralds?

Gems TV Extra
6pm - Zambian Emerald Showcase

Gems TV
7pm - Zambian Emerald Showcase

Latest posts

Back