Camilla Kerslake

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Mam

Registered Shopper
I don't know why they bothered giving her a microphone, it was blatantly obvious that she wasn't singing live!!! What was with all the well done, well done? She was bliddy miming!!!! QVC really do think we're a bunch of gullible idiots. :down:

I have a friend who is a professional opera singer, she really gets wound up by singers like this who say they are sopranos and then cannot cut it live (Barbie Jenkins is another one). My friend trained for years to get to do the work she does and is still training and improving all the time, she has done so much beautiful work which piddles all over what these singers do. Obv I'm biased :wink: not saying these girls can't sing at all, just that they really shouldn't be labelled as sopranos in the operatic sense...

It was the same with Mary Byrne the other morning. Why can't they just play tracks from the CD if they want us to listen to it?

QVC maybe don't have the set up to produce a live performance, it requires different microphones etc than just using playback which is cheap and easy. Not saying I'm in favour of it, just saying it's a lot more complicated to broadcast live performances.

I beg to differ - she was DEFINITELY singing live. Brilliant voice, too. QVC have such a lot of music now that I am sure they can handle it. Perhaps some of them don't do it live but I'd say Camilla was definitely live, like the Priests. She's too good to mime and you could just tell.

I have a friend who is a professional opera singer, she really gets wound up by singers like this who say they are sopranos and then cannot cut it live (Barbie Jenkins is another one). My friend trained for years to get to do the work she does and is still training and improving all the time, she has done so much beautiful work which piddles all over what these singers do. Obv I'm biased :wink: not saying these girls can't sing at all, just that they really shouldn't be labelled as sopranos in the operatic sense...

Totally agree. My dear old mum was a classically trained singer and continued teaching well into her 80's. She could always tell immediately if someone wasn't singing live as the throat and chest don't move the way they should. Don't even get me started on Barbie Jenkins!!! I know someone who has accompanied her on several occasions and she hasn't got a good word to say about her talent wise. Overrated would be putting it mildly.

Latest posts

Back