Presenter blogs - catherine huntley.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
Having just been reading and contributing to (as usual) Deb's extremely regular and popular blogs, I decided to check if any of the other presenters had deigned to post, clicking on ms. huntley. As I suspected, she has separated from Steve, the guy we all heard so much about - she mentioned him at every possible opportunity and, if there wasn't one, she invented one! It's a sad time when relationships don't work out - I was engaged for 13 years when my then fiance and I split up. Although I have never been happier and more content with life, it was quite traumatic at the time.
I get the impression that she is, as are many women, one of those ladies who do not feel whole without a partner. I subscribe to the theory that life is only as good or as bad as you allow it to get, people will treat you in the way you allow them to. At times such as this, one realises that the only person one can rely on is one's mother - I did, and still do. Catherine has her children and I'm sure they will keep her spirits up. They will want to be there for her, as she will return the favour daily I'm sure.
Perhaps when or if she meets another guy, she ought to keep quiet about him on air. Don't let the audience know too much about your personal life and goings on, as certain people feel they have the right to know every in and out of their lives. Having said that, if a presenter does talk about him/her self on air, they are inviting troublesome times in such a situation. :rain::heartbroke:

Having just been reading and contributing to (as usual) Deb's extremely regular and popular blogs, I decided to check if any of the other presenters had deigned to post, clicking on ms. huntley. As I suspected, she has separated from Steve, the guy we all heard so much about - she mentioned him at every possible opportunity and, if there wasn't one, she invented one! It's a sad time when relationships don't work out - I was engaged for 13 years when my then fiance and I split up. Although I have never been happier and more content with life, it was quite traumatic at the time.
I get the impression that she is, as are many women, one of those ladies who do not feel whole without a partner. I subscribe to the theory that life is only as good or as bad as you allow it to get, people will treat you in the way you allow them to. At times such as this, one realises that the only person one can rely on is one's mother - I did, and still do. Catherine has her children and I'm sure they will keep her spirits up. They will want to be there for her, as she will return the favour daily I'm sure.
Perhaps when or if she meets another guy, she ought to keep quiet about him on air. Don't let the audience know too much about your personal life and goings on, as certain people feel they have the right to know every in and out of their lives. Having said that, if a presenter does talk about him/her self on air, they are inviting troublesome times in such a situation. :rain::heartbroke:

indeedy. as seen with fellow cougar dawny "pug face" bibster's car crash of a split up after mentioning hubby at every opportunity on air. like hello? :hi:

Speak for yourself!!!!

NO WAY would I have ever been able to rely on my Mother, nor would I have wanted her poking her nose into my private life thank you !!

indeedy. as seen with fellow cougar dawny "pug face" bibster's car crash of a split up after mentioning hubby at every opportunity on air. like hello? :hi:

Oi! My pugs are gorgeous, beautiful expressive faces, lovely natural colouring and fun active little minds. Their voices though quite horrible are much nicer than the Queen of Crafts, and they never complain.

Also another voice of the keep Mrs Bates (mother) the hell out of my life in fact put her right out of any of my misery.

Is being a cougar a good thing or not? Although its amusing in shows like Cougar Town somehow in real life its something that doesn't translate well And what age gap qualifies the woman as a cougar I wonder. And is it just an age gap thing?

And I'm sorry to say in this life you really do have to rely on one person ... yourself.

Oi! My pugs are gorgeous, beautiful expressive faces, lovely natural colouring and fun active little minds. Their voices though quite horrible are much nicer than the Queen of Crafts, and they never complain.

Also another voice of the keep Mrs Bates (mother) the hell out of my life in fact put her right out of any of my misery.

We maybe shouldn't liken people to animals as animals are usually much nicer.
LOVE Pugs XXXXXXX's from me!

My partner is younger than me but I certainly dont see myself as a Cougar preying on the young!! Anyway not sure what sort of age difference it has to be to be given the tag. To be honest hate being labelled and/or labelling others so would ignore all reference to it anyway.

My partner is younger than me but I certainly dont see myself as a Cougar preying on the young!! Anyway not sure what sort of age difference it has to be to be given the tag. To be honest hate being labelled and/or labelling others so would ignore all reference to it anyway.

I'm sure you are not a cougar, I think the term is specifically about the predatory use'em then lose 'em type.

I don't think that Dawn should be labelled. What if she liked younger women? Or is there a label for this too?

I don't give a stuff what she or anyone else is into, as long as nobody is exploited do what you like but I will not have her face likened to my Figgy's. I'm not the one throwing labels around but as it happens I think herself and Catherine inadvertently and in a funny way are a bit cougarish. I keep my gob shut about Dawn as I just can't take to her which is my problem quite obviously.
I repeat, I did not call her names and I don't see why you used my post to quote from.

I'm sure you are not a cougar, I think the term is specifically about the predatory use'em then lose 'em type.

Ah ha thanks for clarifying. No that is not me but having said that I have no problem with those that chose to 'love em and leave em' each to their own as I always say. It just annoys me that women always get labelled with silly tags! Particularly older woman younger chap :doh:

Ah ha thanks for clarifying. No that is not me but having said that I have no problem with those that chose to 'love em and leave em' each to their own as I always say. It just annoys me that women always get labelled with silly tags! Particularly older woman younger chap :doh:

Oh what a strange attitude to adopt, fancy not being thrilled out of your skull to have ludicrous catchphrases used by people who know sweet feck all about you.:devil::devil::devil:

Do what I do, kick their shin while looking innocent. Shut's even stupid gobs up quickly.

Ah yes that's a good point. The term does imply predatory behaviour. I would never use the term cougar and I met a woman who described herself as a cougar and "liking young meat". I have to admit I had to stifle the giggles.

My partner is younger than me and when I was single I did go on a couple of dates with a guy who was 13 years younger than me. He was such nice guy but it felt a bit odd to
me. I'm certainly not a cougar. Mind you I've been with my partner for 8 years so there were no cougars in my day lol.

Ah yes that's a good point. The term does imply predatory behaviour. I would never use the term cougar and I met a woman who described herself as a cougar and "liking young meat". I have to admit I had to stifle the giggles.

My partner is younger than me and when I was single I did go on a couple of dates with a guy who was 13 years younger than me. He was such nice guy but it felt a bit odd to
me. I'm certainly not a cougar. Mind you I've been with my partner for 8 years so there were no cougars in my day lol.

Ha that has made me smile!! Well I have to admit my chap is younger than me but an old fogey at heart so in a funny way his outlook is much more sensible than mine so we rub along quite nicely to be honest.

Oh what a strange attitude to adopt, fancy not being thrilled out of your skull to have ludicrous catchphrases used by people who know sweet feck all about you.:devil::devil::devil:

Do what I do, kick their shin while looking innocent. Shut's even stupid gobs up quickly.

Ha ha love it but it has taken me a while to be comfortable yet alone shout it from the roof tops!!

Latest posts

Back