Make-up at bedtime???

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
In the Bare Escentuals hour last night they had a new product - minerals for nighttime, to put on after your nightcream. I was a bit unclear as to what the idea of it was, other than to make you look good and give your skin a healthy sheen.

SJ commented that some women get up at 5 am to put make-up on because they don't want their husband to see them without.

Had this been on the previous morning I would have been sure it was an April Fool, particularly as it was almost 40 quid.

Last edited:
:handshake:

It's not a new thing, Elemental Beauty do a mineral night treatment which you put over your night cream (by the way much much less than £40) - it's supposed to help heal breakouts and calm redness over night as you sleep. I had a free sample to try but in all honesty thought it a complete waste of time. It did nothing for my skin and just left a few marks on my pillow! :nod: They spend all their time telling us to remove our make up properly at night and not sleep in it, and then in the next breath "oh, but it's ok to sleep in this one..." :giggle:

MAD!

There is a "clear" one....fair enough. But however bad my skin may potentially be, why on earth would I want to be covering it up in make up (however "natural") that may be, to lay there in the dark!

Seems like vanity in the extreme to me. :down:

Still, maybe QVC will make more money on NN bedding for people having to replace their makeup stained pillowcases.

I used to have a friend who's husband had never seen her without make-up. She used to do 'a full face' at night before bed and then again first thing in the morning!!

I knew someone exactly like that,she once had to go into hospital for an operation and would not allow her husband to visit her until she was well enough to do her make up-3 days later!

I chose my partner well. He's short sighted so he's no flipping idea what I look like once he's taken his lenses out. :happy:

I can't believe any relationship that revolves around looking good at all times has any longevity anyway.

When you've been married as long as I have, you really don't give a sh*t what he thinks.

I can't believe any relationship that revolves around looking good at all times has any longevity anyway.

When you've been married as long as I have, you really don't give a sh*t what he thinks.

Ahh but has he seen your naked bum as you walk out of a room?!?!? :sweat: :wonder: It's only recently that I've stopped backing out of the room and that's after 20 years!! :blush:

Ahh but has he seen your naked bum as you walk out of a room?!?!? :sweat: :wonder: It's only recently that I've stopped backing out of the room and that's after 20 years!! :blush:

My naked bum? Errm let me think. He watched me go though 40 hours of labour to produce his child so pretty much anything goes these days.

I do stick to the golden rule of not letting your other half see you on the loo though.

Maybe you need to put some Bare Escentuals on it?!?! :blush::mysmilie_510:

I've cunningly got out of that problem by having a boyfriend that lives the opposite end of the country to me. Heh.

Ah but what you don't realise is he can see things less than 2 feet away much clearer than the average sighted person can :grin:

Ah but if he's that close the last thing on his mind is whether or not I'm wearing mascara :grin:

I do sometimes put bare escentuals on at night to clear spots and it really does help (on my face i mean, not my bum !!!!)

I do sometimes put bare escentuals on at night to clear spots and it really does help (on my face i mean, not my bum !!!!)

Oh Catlady, that is my post of the year! I have just laughed out loud at that :handshake: :nod: :grin:

Latest posts

Back