Too many factors!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Polly Esther

Registered Shopper
It's SPF.

Or it's Sun Protection Factor.

It isn't SPF FACTOR!! That's sun protection factor factor!

Too many factors!!! It's really grating on me!! :cheeky:

It's SPF.

Or it's Sun Protection Factor.

It isn't SPF FACTOR!! That's sun protection factor factor!

Too many factors!!! It's really grating on me!! :cheeky:

I agree, Birdie. Heard Alison say it on the midnight hour.

It's the same with PIN. People always say PIN number, so it's Personal Identification Number Number!

Acronyms really get on my T.I.T.S.

Half the time they invent the acronym before what it stands for, just because they like the look of the stupid acronym! Especially if it's slightly pervy or deviant in some way.

PIN...what's wrong with saying "Secret number"? Instead they invented PIN and then called it Personal Identification Number (number).
It just serves to confuse....

I'm sure there weren't this many acronyms when I was young!
We were taught to cross roads with phrases, not stoopid letters!

These days, Tufty would have to utter STLB4UXTR instead of Stop Look Listen before you cross the road. *sigh*
Come to think of it, Today's Tufty would probably just text you on his mobile...

Half the time they invent the acronym before what it stands for, just because they like the look of the stupid acronym! Especially if it's slightly pervy or deviant in some way.

PIN...what's wrong with saying "Secret number"? Instead they invented PIN and then called it Personal Identification Number (number).
It just serves to confuse....

I'm sure there weren't this many acronyms when I was young!
We were taught to cross roads with phrases, not stoopid letters!

These days, Tufty would have to utter STLB4UXTR instead of Stop Look Listen before you cross the road. *sigh*
Come to think of it, Today's Tufty would probably just text you on his mobile...

they should have gone for Secret Identification Number. what fun we could have had with that.

I agree, Birdie. Heard Alison say it on the midnight hour.

It's the same with PIN. People always say PIN number, so it's Personal Identification Number Number!

Ah yes, but are you factoring in the factor that sun protection factor factor is not produced in a Max Factor factory, which in fact could be the factor causing the confusion in Alison's mind since she is just a presenter as opposed to a factotum who would probably be better able to factor in all the facts.
3.gif
xxxxxxxxx

PS - I was so busy factoring that I failed to notice I should have in fact been quoting Birdie. xx

Last edited:

Actually, I remember SPLINK!

S First find a safe place to cross, then Stop
P Stand on the Pavement near the kerb
L Look all around for traffic then Listen (not sure if the L referred to one or both of the words!)
I If there is traffic coming, let it pass
N When there is No traffic near, walk straight across the road
K Keep looking for traffic while you cross

It must have done some good, because I typed all this from memory!!

Take more chocolate (i love chocolate ) that should fix the splink thing!!!!! xxxxx

Actually, I remember SPLINK!

S First find a safe place to cross, then Stop
P Stand on the Pavement near the kerb
L Look all around for traffic then Listen (not sure if the L referred to one or both of the words!)
I If there is traffic coming, let it pass
N When there is No traffic near, walk straight across the road
K Keep looking for traffic while you cross

It must have done some good, because I typed all this from memory!!

Oh gawd, I remember that now, I think that must have been the advent of acronyms :grin:
Was it the 70's?
I was the late 60's with good ole Tufty :blush:

Half the time they invent the acronym before what it stands for, just because they like the look of the stupid acronym!

I agree. I'm governed by acronyms in my job. :thinking:

Deadlines are dictated by the C.O.P., I oversee the management of I.E.P.s, I liaise with the L.E.A. and S.N.-I.P., submit some of my work for perusal by the S.N.A.P. and day to day work is also decided by the L.O.s.

I was given a book of acronyms to explain what they all stood for but, as they change on a regular basis as departments alter, it's now out of date.

And even my job title has an acronym ........ I'm a S.E.N.Co.

And the translation for all of those?
C.O.P. ........ Code of Practice
I.E.P. ....... Individual Education Programme
L.EA. ....... Local Education Authority
S.N.-I.P. ....... Special Needs Involving Parents
S.N.A.P. ..... Special Needs Assessment Panel
L.O. ....... Learning Objectives
S.E.N.Co ....... Special Educational Needs Coordinator

But the one acronym that really matters, in my opinion, is the one from this forum ........ F.A.R.T.ing. :wink:

Oh gawd, I remember that now, I think that must have been the advent of acronyms :grin:
Was it the 70's?
I was the late 60's with good ole Tufty :blush:

According to the You Tube video it was 1976, so makes me about 10 yrs old. I've just watched it. I'm sure I had a waistcoat like that girl's!!!

Latest posts

Back