9 April Fuji camera TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

blarf

Registered Shopper
Any idea what model it was? Hoping for the new F500 but I don't think that was what is shown on the email this week.

It is indeed the F500

Fuji F500 15x Super zoom Compact Camera, 16MP Including a 4GB SDHC Card, Leather Fuji Case, Screen Protector Pack and HDMI lead, price around £248

Thanks Sazza - that explains its lack of stock in the shops - price not that great though - RRP is 249 I think.

Fuji Finepix F500 15x Opt Zoom 16MP Camera with 24mm Wide Lens, 4GB Card & Case
Item Number: 564978
QVC Price £300.50
Today's Special Value Price £248.28
Availability In stock
UK P&P £6.45

escription
Fujifilm FinePix F500 16MP compact camera with 15x optical zoom and Full HD video recording. Features a large 3" LCD screen, a 24mm wide-angled Fujinon lens and an ISO of up to 12800 for great images even in low-light conditions. Get a powerful 16MP camera with Full HD video recording that you can slip in your pocket!

Get closer to the action with this compact camera's impressive 15x optical zoom.

Shoot 1080p high definition videos wherever you are and watch them straight from your camera on your HDTV with the supplied HDMI lead.

Whatever the situation, point and shoot and you'll get a great picture thanks to the 27 auto scene detection shooting modes to give you the right settings automatically.

QVC are sweetening the deal with a Fujifilm case, a 4GB SDHC card to store your pictures and videos on, an HDMI cable and a screen protector pack.

Technical specifications:

LCD monitor: 3" TFT colour LCD monitor (approximately 460,000 dots; 100% coverage)
Effective pixels: 16 million
Image sensor: 1/2 inch EXR CMOS with primary colour filter
Image stabiliser: CMOS shift type
Lens: Fujinon 15x optical zoom lens 24-360mm (35mm equivalent)
Shutter speed: 8 seconds - 1/2000 second
Continuous shooting: up to 12 frames per second
Movie recording: 1920 x 1080; 1280 x 720; 640 x 480 pixels (30fps)
Recording file formats: still image: JPEG (exif ver 2.3); movie: H.264 (MOV); sound: WAVE format, stereo sound
Dimensions (w x h x d): 10.35cm x 5.92cm x 3.26cm (4.1" x 2.3" x 1.3")
Weight (with battery and memory card): 215g (7.6oz)

Input/output

USB 2.0 high-speed
HDMI mini connector

What's in the box?

Fujifilm FinePix F500 camera
USB-AV cable
Wrist strap
Rechargeable battery
Charger
Manual
Software CD-ROM

Added value:

Dedicated Fujifilm case
4GB SDHC card
Screen protector pack
HDMI cable

All measurements are approximate

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.564978

I really like the look of this so have decided to go for it, the 30 day MBG and easy pay swung it for me. When you factor in the cost of the included accessories it still represents good value, plus the white option looks fantastic! Am hoping this will be a suitable replacement for my Canon Powershot SX210 which despite all its rave reviews online, has been a bit of a disappointment!
Will let you know my opinion when it arrives.:happy:

I have been tempted too - on advanced order for the white option so I will have to wait awhile. I currently have a canon ixus which I don't like and a canon 40D the 40D is great but it is just too big for me to carry round and this will easily slip into pocket or handbag.

Please do post a review hopasholic when you have had a play

More mega pixels not a good thing? Depends on sensot size and optic quality...could be a good thing.

Ahh but I didn't really consider the megapixels it was the optical zoom that partly won me over and part of the presentation mentioned how hard it is to photograph green and purple and they are saying that with this camera you get what you see. I have battled with the 40d to get accurate pictures of these colours so I want to see how this camera reproduces the colours

Bea

Im not saying its a bad camera, just you can get the older version for over £100 cheaper, spec wise it looks identical apart from the megapixel count

Ahh but I didn't really consider the megapixels it was the optical zoom that partly won me over and part of the presentation mentioned how hard it is to photograph green and purple and they are saying that with this camera you get what you see. I have battled with the 40d to get accurate pictures of these colours so I want to see how this camera reproduces the colours

Bea

The 40D is a better camera than the Fuji

Bea

I would love to hear how you get on with it, I know what you mean about the green and purple and so if this is as good as it looks I could be seriously tempted to get one.

I used to like Fuji and have had many, many models but recently they have started cutting corners - camera bodies have become plastic, photos not as sharp as they used to be due to poor quality lens etc.

I have noe started buying Panazonic camera and the quality is out of this World. I had a TZ7 and have just bought the TZ10 both have cost less than £200 but well worth the price.
I have seen panasonic cameras for sub £100 and these too are great pieces of kit.

I know the 40D is a great camera it takes great piccies on outings of family and landscapes but it is too heavy for me to take everywhere - hubby had one as well but he has moved on and upgraded to another canon.

but I also take piccies for my website and I know it is probably operator error but I have wasted many hours setting white balance and twiddling settings using a light tent to get true representation of colours and I have not found the right formula yet - so when they claim what you see is what you get I wanted to see if it really does.

Will certainly post a review of it when it arrives I am on the advanced orders (so have to wait awhile) as I chose a white one - and if it doesn't take the piccies I want it will go straight back and my quest for easy photography will continue - if anyone has experience or recommendations I will certainly investigate them should this camera not be up to the mark.

Bea

I have been tempted too - on advanced order for the white option so I will have to wait awhile. I currently have a canon ixus which I don't like and a canon 40D the 40D is great but it is just too big for me to carry round and this will easily slip into pocket or handbag.

Please do post a review hopasholic when you have had a play

Have had this for a few days now dreamer, pretty pleased so far!

I am not much more than a point and shoot user so cannot offer a professional opinion, but can tell you that it is fast, sleek and so far has the edge on my Canon. Have taken lots of outdoor shots, all good and I am happy with the colours. The panoramic feature is excellent and seems to be idiot-proof as I managed it first go! Continuous shooting is great especially when taking pics of my 10 month old son, no blurry images so far. Am using the 4gb card provided and the write speed is very fast, only a second or so and the camera is ready for the next shot. My only gripes so far are the position of the dial on the top, it is slightly offset to the back and I find it hard to ...erm..twiddle, and the battery life seems shorter than on my Canon.

Most of the reviews on QVC are pretty positive too, the poor reviews based more on the software not loading (I only downloaded the manual, prefer my own Windows software for editing etc anyway)

I hope you will be pleased with it, although you sound like you know your photography a lot better than me...!:blush:

Thank you hopasholic for letting me know how you found the camera - sounds like you are enjoying using the camera and getting some great shots - I am really a point and shoot girl but had to learn about white balance to try and get good colour representation for a website but obviously didn't learn enough. After reading your comments I can hardly wait for it to arrive - it is due in stock on 25th but there are two holiday days next week then another bank holiday the following Monday so goodness knows when I will get it

Bea

Oh my I am gutted - camera arrived yesterday got the battery on charge then looked at the camera and there are horrible grubby or coroded marks round the on/off button - rang QVC and I have to return it - after waiting so long I was itching to try this out. I did ask if I could have a returned camera but they assured me no.

If anyone that got the tsv sees this thread can you let me know if the view screen at the rear had a protective plastic sheet/cover on?

Bea -:(

Oh my I am gutted - camera arrived yesterday got the battery on charge then looked at the camera and there are horrible grubby or coroded marks round the on/off button - rang QVC and I have to return it - after waiting so long I was itching to try this out. I did ask if I could have a returned camera but they assured me no.

If anyone that got the tsv sees this thread can you let me know if the view screen at the rear had a protective plastic sheet/cover on?

Bea -:(

Bea,
Mine didn't have a cover on but unlike yours it was in pristine condition. Sorry to hear you got a duff one, it does sound like a return, although QVC continue to strenously deny this sort of thing happens! :devil:

Edit: just noticed all colours back in stock now so hopefully you will get a brand new replacement.

Latest posts

Back