Seems to be going downhill fast

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tasi

Registered Shopper
Please tell me its just me, because I used to love Ideal World but it seems to be morphing into one of the situp channels.
A few years back my, then, 80 year old mum bought a 'miracle window cleaner' at a street market for £5. It was two halves, you put one on the outside of the pane and the other on the inside and both cleaned the 2 sides at the same time being held together by a 'powerful' magnet. Obviously it didn't work and ended up in the bin. I saw exactly the same, some spiv was demonstrating, on IW this morning and, I hope I am wrong, he was charging a whopping £29.99 plus postage. I can't believe these are so improved that they justify this price

There is no variety, it's like watching the same old products on an infommercial channel. How many Tefal actifrys, greased lightning and steam cleaners do you need!

Please tell me its just me, because I used to love Ideal World but it seems to be morphing into one of the situp channels.
A few years back my, then, 80 year old mum bought a 'miracle window cleaner' at a street market for £5. It was two halves, you put one on the outside of the pane and the other on the inside and both cleaned the 2 sides at the same time being held together by a 'powerful' magnet. Obviously it didn't work and ended up in the bin. I saw exactly the same, some spiv was demonstrating, on IW this morning and, I hope I am wrong, he was charging a whopping £29.99 plus postage. I can't believe these are so improved that they justify this price

If it had been one of the sit ups it would have gone down to about £3! I don't know how they can have the brass balls to try and sell it for £30...it's all over the high street for less than a tenner, and common knowledge that they don't work!

I think I paid about a fiver for mine. I tried to clean my upstairs bedroom window. Not only did I nearly injure myself when the two magnets "jumped together"...something they do warn you about but nevertheless pretty impossible to prevent, the amount of times it came loose on the other side of the window and crashed against the glass was nobody's business. Did it clean the window....a big NO on that one too. It went straight in the bin!

Folk are right - same items again and again - most are bigger ticket price and once you've got one you won't need another - cause " they last a lifetime" or cause you wouldn't be daft enough to buy it twice. Items that have variety like jewellery and high end decent skincare not on very much - just karcher, greasedihhtening, bamix, ubisurfer, sat nav, trees and pet brushes. That's not invluding the ridiculously priced vitamin and ironing products . Wo is me- I used to like ideal world .

Completely agree. I used to occasionally watch Ideal World in the old days but now I barely even glance at their tv schedule. It's all the same old stuff or teleshopping crap ....

I've been off sick for a week and you are right same old all the time. It's basically crap if you don't like craft! I remember when it started up, they would have at least a dozen products in a show. Does anyone remember that bargain show they did in overalls? They sold stuff like pig shaped lamps for £5 and loads of pound shop crap, it kept me amused ( sadly).

Latest posts

Back