Models Prefer Seems To Be A Dirty Word At QVC Towers

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Janey

Spinster of the Parish
Before anyone says it yes I know it's two words! :D

Just watched the lauch of ybf and it's as if they have been told not to mention MP. They keep referring to MP but pointedly not by name.

Did have to laugh though that the first t-caller called Cheryl who I think calls whenever Stacey visits came right out & said it!

plus when they started the show it showed staceys name and put under it models perfer company founder and i thought why put that why not put the YBF part (even though we seem to know more than they want)

Yet when Stacey's name was put on screen it said "Models Prefer Company Founder"

Rumour is though that she doesn't own YBF, is just the face of it.

maybe she signed one of those deals when she set up MP that would tie all her business interests together - like in dragon's dean when they secure a deal against the identity of the inventor as well as the invention itself. if so, maybe she could not "own" another company as she would end up losing out to the original business partners...so maybe the new company is just a front, a bit like a tax dodge where people set up companies in their partner's names etc...

I would not blame her and David if they are part of a bigger group, why have all that stress when you don't need it?!

She did say they had X amount of people working with them now which made me think they are part of a bigger group.

Before anyone says it yes I know it's two words! :D

Just watched the lauch of ybf and it's as if they have been told not to mention MP. They keep referring to MP but pointedly not by name.

Did have to laugh though that the first t-caller called Cheryl who I think calls whenever Stacey visits came right out & said it!

Me too! It was so obvious how they kept avoiding the name Models Prefer, so when the caller said it I laughed out loud.

I thought that their problems stemmed from them wanting to sell MP to L'Oreal, but QVC US objected because they had an exclusive contract with MP. They must have found a way around it, obviously involving the brand name. Thats why MP/YBF is not shown on QVC US anymore, but on a rival shopping channel?

Linda :)

This is from the QVC US Community Forums in December 2007:-

Models Prefer Inc. sued QVC for using the Models Prefer name as their own. QVC somehow got them to sign an agreement that basically stated the Models Prefer name was owned by QVC. Models Prefer never wanted to do this, and eventually sued them to get power back. Before the law suit, Estee Lauder approached Models Prefer to create products together, but because of the QVC contract, Models Prefer could not do it. Models Prefer claims they lost millions! They never actually went to court, but did spend many months going back and forth with lawyers and depositions. Very recently Models Prefer dropped the lawsuit (presumably they reached a monetary agreement with QVC). Models Prefer are still sold on other QVC networks wordwide, but not USA.

Latest posts

Back