Heart Badges

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Pink Heart Badge

Does anyone know what the pink heart badge that Kathy is wearing now is all about?

It looks to me like a charity pin. I'm sure I saw one of the other presenters wearing it the other day too.

Just being nosey!

Sorry thought you would know what it was for....

Its the new charity pin to support SFRUP. The badges are only £2 plus £5.95 p&p

SFRUP or Society For Retired Useless Presenters is a UK based charity helping those presenters who have fallen by the roadside.

Despite giving us the best years of their lives, alot of presenters are forgotten about and retire into sometimes poverty. The aim of the charity is to ensure that the presenters continue to live their lives to the full.

There have been many positive stories...

Take the Grand Dame Julia Roberts who has recently been missing from our screens. Julia had actually fell on hard times after trying to maintain her 'Hollywood Oscar' lifestyle back in the UK. She was found semi consious in a pool of her own vomit clutching a bottle of champagne, wearing a Butler & Wilson tiara and muttering "I'm a UK size small, I'm a UK size small"..... SFRUP took her in, turned her away from the bottle and now she is working in the Wigan branch of Tesco's in their ladieswear department. It was here she met her old friend Sir Glen Campbell who is another SFRUP success story. He has gradually worked up to doing 10 hours a week in menswear helping customers create the outfit of their dreams. Yesterday Glen showed one lady how the sun dress she was buying could be accessorised with a string of onions. Oh how the outfit popped.

Please could everyone find it in their hearts to buy a pin...every purchase helps....SFRUP has so much more work to do..........It is hoped that if we raise £100,000 we can take Craigy off the screens and retrain him to the role he is more suited......a garden gnome....

I'm sure Debbie said it did say that last night.:wonder: I think it was her anyway.

Godfathers!! Now I'm psychic. That can't be right tho surely? I haven't seen one. Mind you I've not watched at all today.

I saw a close up of this on CR's lapel yesterday. It looks like the heart logo that QVC are using now and it has a Q in the left hand heart curve (does that make sense?) . It does look like a cute charity badge but I think its more likely a sort of branding thing.

It seems the pink badges are QVC's very own version of the good old Blue Peter Badge!! :wonder:

On their Facebook page, they have just announced that they are "awarding" one to a "special customer" who seems to post regularly on that page from around the world. They also mentioned giving a few more of these "special" badges away in a competition. :confused:

Now the question is will they keep it to award to those and such as those or will they whip up a frenzy and then flog them making a huge profit? Personally, I think they have missed an opportunity to do something good for charity - perhaps Breast Cancer Care which would be particularly appropriate in view of AK's situation currently.

QVCBluePeterBadge.jpg

Last edited:
On their Facebook page, they have just announced that they are "awarding" one to a "special customer" who seems to post regularly on that page from around the world. They also mentioned giving a few more of these "special" badges away in a competition. :confused
QVCBluePeterBadge.jpg

My god I've just looked on the QVC Facebook page and the "angels" are nominating each other for these badges. It's a competition not nominating who should get a badge....

I can't think of a single occasion when I would wear a badge like this. OK if it was for some charity perhaps but as an "I'm a huge QVC fan" emblem? Errr, no thanks!

I can't think of a single occasion when I would wear a badge like this. OK if it was for some charity perhaps but as an "I'm a huge QVC fan" emblem? Errr, no thanks!

Oh, come on now - it would be that perfect little accessory to add to your Kim & Co Slinky Trousers, Quacker Factory heavily-embroidered top and Butler & Wilson Union Jack handbag, not forgetting your Breezies Uplifting Bra, Slim'n'Lift Pants and Birkis........:cheeky:

My god I've just looked on the QVC Facebook page and the "angels" are nominating each other for these badges. It's a competition not nominating who should get a badge....

Well who knew they were so sought after!!!

Would I wear one..................nope!!! :wonder:

Oh, come on now - it would be that perfect little accessory to add to your Kim & Co Slinky Trousers, Quacker Factory heavily-embroidered top and Butler & Wilson Union Jack handbag, not forgetting your Breezies Uplifting Bra, Slim'n'Lift Pants and Birkis........:cheeky:

You've been having a rummage in my wardrobe again, haven't you, Busy? :wink:

Why would grown women want to advertise QVC for them?
I can understand teenagers wanting the "latest" thing but is this even the "latest" thing or just more QVC tat.

I've heard rumours that the are planning to produce a range of these badges.

1. faux pink enamel encrusted with faux pink-diamond Diamonique
2. a Butler & Wilson version, measuring 8 inches across and with a cat in the middle, complete with swarovski whiskers
3. a Dawn Bibby creation using Yim Holtz woodchip shapes and decoupage mini Kanban art deco ladies decoupaged and sprinkled with micro-glitter
4. Northern Nights will offer for sale a 1000 count duvet cover with dobby hearts woven into the fabric (not printed on)
5. Cooks Essentials are currently designing a pink heart shaped silicone cake tin
6. Richard Jackson is propagating a new generation pink heart shaped lily which is poisonous to humans but not cats but he won't tell us)

Latest posts

Back