Why do presenters 'disappear'?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AllThatGlitters

Registered Shopper
I've been deeply moved by Alison Keenan's current fight with breast cancer.

However, if I hadn't been alerted by this forum, I'm not sure I would have known that she was ill. Have other presenters mentioned it? I do watch QVC for an hour or two most days, but I haven't heard a single mention of Ali K. It's as if she's just fallen off the schedule.

Other presenters 'disappear' too. Claudia gets mentioned, but mainly in the context of the ring she designed. Sara Griffiths is never mentioned at all, although her blog suggests she's just having a year off. Daniel came and went in a blink; it's as if he never existed. Even Anthony's departure was only flagged up here.

Would it be worth QVC sacrificing five minutes a month to do 'news''?

bad idea.
its about shopping, the personalities are simply a means to an end. nothing must detract.
and if they made it known that people were leaving/ill can you imagine the t-callers?
its best left...

As an infrequent viewer I didn't see Anthony's send off - the only other one I remember being given one was Dave Bradford, a few years ago. Normally they just disappear and often as not you don't even notice till you realise you've not seen them for months!

I have to say the presenters have my sympathies when they are ill but for the most part I have no interest in them what-so-ever. I rarely read their blogs and their personal life is exactly that, personal. They are not my friends, they are performers who are employed to sell products, nothing more or less. What I do get involved with is how they do this task and I do prefer one to another in style but they owe me no explaination about where they go and what they do...it's none of my business.

Latest posts

Back