OMG! I ordered something from QVC!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greg

Registered Shopper
Having ordered from Ideal World for the very first time 6 weeks ago, I was seduced by QVC selling a Jack Lalanne Compact Power Juicer Express in bright yellow! :sun:

830544_yw.101

See here

I've always wanted one of these juicers and the best bit was they are doing it on 4 easy pay instalments (£17.10 + £7.45 P&P) so I will hardly notice the payments when it goes out of my account.

I can't wait to receive it! :happy:

Thanks donna 255 :happy:

Everything in my kitchen is white or chrome. Thought I would buy this colour as a change from everything else.

P&P was expensive though both for this and the accessories set. :down:

Greg - love the juicer and the colour, even tho I'm not a fan of yellow normally. Now listen...step away from the telly..! You buy once, you become addicted!

That will brighten up your morning Greg ~ love it! BusyMum is right though ~ it's a slippery slope! One successful purchase and it's all downhill from now on :wink:

I see it is described as a "whole fruit" juicer. I bought a juicer also described as for "whole fruit" so I put whole oranges into it (skin and all). It tasted dreadful, extremely bitter because of the orange pith. So it doesn't actually mean you can juice "whole fruit" lol

I see it is described as a "whole fruit" juicer. I bought a juicer also described as for "whole fruit" so I put whole oranges into it (skin and all). It tasted dreadful, extremely bitter because of the orange pith. So it doesn't actually mean you can juice "whole fruit" lol

Idea is anything with soft peel, eg apples, pears, but citrus fruit pith is bitter, so def cut the skin off. :giggle:
worth it though, I love fresh/veg fruit juices, my kids hate them, hate them with a passion:giggle::confused:

:thinking: Hope you use it more than I did! It is nice that you can juice the whole fruit (not peel) BUT you get a lot of froth and scum on the top which isn't particularly nice to drink through and some of the colours you create don't look appealing! Plus I found mine a right pain to clean out, 1 minute to juice, 10 minutes to clean it! It sat on the side in the kitchen for ages after the initial enthusiasm and then I think I flogged it on eBay for some ridiculous price. Hope you like yours.

That's the trouble with juicers, I found the same thing. I've used mine about 3 times, then put it away somewhere safe, and I haven't found it since lol. The same applies to fitness equipment!

Just think of all the lovely fruit smoothies you can make. Yummy. Especially with summer on its way. Plus a good way of getting your five a day!

I doubt I'll ever buy a juicer because my ex husband put me right off them. He bought one for the benfit of us both (good idea) and then proceeded to juice a fantastic concoction of fruit, including strawberries (another good idea.) Only one problem ........ he didn't put the top on properly and you'd not believe the distance that juiced fruit covers (vertically.) Still I was the only person in the road who could claim to have a strawberry flavoured ceiling. And guess who had to clean it off? Well ........ it wasn't him.

Seriously though ....... I do love smoothies etc so I hope you enjoy your new purchase, Greg, and I'm sure it will be the first of many. :wink:

Just think of all the lovely fruit smoothies you can make. Yummy. Especially with summer on its way. Plus a good way of getting your five a day!

Yeh, this is why I bought it. Shop bought juices and smoothies are expensive and you don't really know what's gone in them.

Welcome to the world of juicing Greg! At the risk of sounding like a demented t-caller I can honestly say my Jack the Lad juicer is the most useful thing I've bought from QVC :nod:. I have a three and a half year old who thinks that eating a piece of fruit or vegetable is akin to a crime against humanity, but he'll drink gallons of juice. He has no idea about the vegetables that I mix with the sweet fruits that he willingly gulps down :giggle:. I find I consume more fruit via juice than the volume of eating it whole, and I reckon my complexion is definitely improved because of it (take that Alison Young!)

There was a thread in The Drop with lots of juicing recipes, I haven't been on there for a while but it might be worth taking a look :nod:

Just received the juicer this morning. I'm a bit shocked and delighted how quickly this arrived. It took only two days to deliver! That's pretty impressive!

Thanks QVC!

Can't wait to give my yellow juicer a try! :sun::sun::sun:

We had that initial enthusiasm a while ago and struck out and bought one of these. Sadly, it was dead in the box when it arrived so we never got to juice anything. In the time it took QVC to sort it out, we realised how much we'd have to spend on fruit to push in it, so we never got a replacement.

Also, tip, always wash the fruit before you juice it. I got a nasty stomach bug once after drinking freshly squeezed juice from oranges that weren't properly washed first. If I'd known that, I'd never have touched it!

We had that initial enthusiasm a while ago and struck out and bought one of these. Sadly, it was dead in the box when it arrived so we never got to juice anything. In the time it took QVC to sort it out, we realised how much we'd have to spend on fruit to push in it, so we never got a replacement.

Also, tip, always wash the fruit before you juice it. I got a nasty stomach bug once after drinking freshly squeezed juice from oranges that weren't properly washed first. If I'd known that, I'd never have touched it!

That reminds me of another item from QVC I never use these days (see another thread) but it would be useful for this.

It is a steriliser for small fruit etc (as it is impractical to wash every blackcurrent thoroughly lol). It consists of a small bowl permanently mounted on the powered base. You put the fruit in the bowl with some water and switch on. It then sterilises using UV light and ionisation (you can smell the ionised air).

I used it at first, but the bowl can't be removed for washing, and obviously the whole thing cannot be immersed for cleaning. It was an OTO and was a very reasonable price.

That reminds me of another item from QVC I never use these days (see another thread) but it would be useful for this.

It is a steriliser for small fruit etc (as it is impractical to wash every blackcurrent thoroughly lol). It consists of a small bowl permanently mounted on the powered base. You put the fruit in the bowl with some water and switch on. It then sterilises using UV light and ionisation (you can smell the ionised air).

I used it at first, but the bowl can't be removed for washing, and obviously the whole thing cannot be immersed for cleaning. It was an OTO and was a very reasonable price.

Ah yes, I remember those. We thought they were a great idea and bought one but it died within a week of receipt. We had to try two more, both of which failed very quickly after purchase. It was a shame because I think the idea is good.

Also, washing fruit in water with a bit of vinegar in it helps draw out any small hairy armoured things and sterilise.

Loving my juicer! Been juicing all sorts of fruit and veg. Today I juiced some pears, pineapple and ginger. Adding some ice it was a tasty cool drink. I'm never buying supermarket juices ever again! :sun:

Latest posts

Back