One to Own?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Frazzled

Sense of humour intact
Do you think one on each hand might look a bit OTT? Was worried one might look unbalanced, would two make me appear a touched unbalanced? :mysmilie_854:

http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=827303

Looks like a sell out before I have to decide, Oh well never mind :cheeky:

Thought I'd watch as it's gold today – not much white gold, no longer fashionable or maybe they've sold it all lately?
Steve did my head in shouting every single item "I have negoitated" (NO YOU HAVEN'T!) "We should have stopped there" (WE KNEW YOU WOULDN'T!) :headbang:

I saw it too. although it wasn't to my taste it was great to see the different sizes especially the larger one's and judging by the way they sold others felt the same way !

Yes agree. Have often thought offering 3 ring sizes would expand their market. There have been a number of posts from people who would like to buy but are excluded because of the 3up/down resize limit.

They couldn't offer it for everything but styles like precison set it would be a good start! :wonder:

I'd rather see a re-run where possible and required, than one of those awful massively long drawn out high quantity efforts of the "G" spot that then still don't sell. I'd also like to think that TJC viewers are a little more discerning than to rush in to buy something just because everyone else seems to be. I did wonder if there may be some legal requirement to show this sold/allocated figure? Otherwise I don't see the point, and is actually of no interest to me, other than as a clue as to how long an auction might take.

As for TJC presenters, if taken as a whole without picking out individuals, I think threy are generally better than plenty of others. It may too be that I've become desensitised, but I've not noticed a hard sell on TJC, especially compared to the shocking tactics of the "G" spot. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

One to Own in size L is still available to buy.

Frazzled the ring has not sold out and is still available to buy.

Thanks Frazzled, it was indeed meant for Sahara's "Conerned about ............". I've no idea what happened, must be me wrinkles have reached me brain. xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

argeybargey that was my first real thread. The first one I had was just asking how to buy some tarts from Lady Darls. So thank you for replying.

Frazzled - not sure what your finger size is but I wouldn't risk sizing that ring in a million years. Yes, it's technically possible to re-size nearly all rings BUT it can affect the integrity of the piece and you'd end up losing diamonds all over the place

If you think about it, if you cut a ring at the back and then squeeze it closed or open it up, you put pressure on all the claws at the front of the ring. That then weakens how they hold the gemstones. It may not be immediately obvious and of course a jeweller will give the ring a once over before it leaves them BUT over time it may become slightly more looser and pop, out comes a diamond. This is unfortunately more common than you think.

If I have one criticism of TJC it's that they say that nearly everything can be re-sized when technically it's a challenge and risky. I saw Chloe selling a baguette channel set ring the other day saying it would be sized and I was screaming at the telly "no it can't".

If you do buy the ring and need to get it re-sized, have a word with customer service first and see if you'd be covered if you lost diamonds within the first 12 months.

Thanks Meeshoo good advice as usual. Unfortunately I think the irony of my post has been missed. I couldn't believe how large and horrible the ring was - IMHO! Apologies to anyone who bought one – I've got my coat ready!

I'm very careful about sizing, I did take a chance with a tension set ring that ended up looking like an uneven pavement, gratefully sorted by TJC.

I bought a rare TJC size N precision set ring a couple of years ago, I'm a M but was too nervous even for one size, jeweller added a ball of gold for me

Oooops! I quite like it but then again I like bold jewellery especially if it involves diamonds! :sweat:

Oooops! I quite like it but then again I like bold jewellery especially if it involves diamonds! :sweat:

Me too, I love my diamonds (hence my user name) but even with larger fingers for me it was a little OTT I'd have had problems bending my fingers, IMHO it woulg have been better without the outer rows. but each to their own!

Latest posts

Back