Concerned about alleged quantities sold

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sahara

Registered Shopper
I don't know if anyone else has noticed that the quantities of jewellery sold in the TV auction has increased in Tjc. Then when the quantity has gone they introduce another auction with more of the same item! Sometimes they don't introduce another auction for the same piece of jewellery but I still think "that hasn't sold for ages and now all of a sudden it's gone."

How do we know how many pieces of jewllery Tjc has in stock. They can put up any figure they want and who is to check. I have seen pieces selling in larger quantities now when before they did not sell any and the price has been the same. I wounder if viewers are being tricked into thinking large amounts of jewellery is being sold so that people will think the item is popular and buy it?

Maybe I'm wrong but I have seen a change in Tjc that I do not like. I don't like their aggressive style and the downright untruths told to us by their sales assistants. I do think Gems Tv is worse and I refuse to buy anything from it. Times are hard for everyone but if I loose trust in a company then I will take my business elsewhere. Does anyone else agree with me or do you think I am wrong?

They've been doing this "let's do another auction" of the same thing for quite some time. In all honesty, I don't see the problem with it because at least they're being up front. They normally say during the auction before that they have more if they're wanted. The price is always the same no matter what the quantity and they are also honest by saying "this is the final price". So personally I don't see the problem other than it gets very tedious if you don't like the item first time around and then have to see it for a second auction as well!

Thanks for replying to my post Meeshoo. I have watched Tjc for years and I do know a lot about them but since there is no clock why do they bring back another auction? Why not just let the auction run until people stop buying or the item sells out? I still think it is a devise to trick viewers into buying their jewellery. I have bought a lot of lovely pieces from them and some not so good and I would hate to see them go the way of GemsTv. I do not like their hard sell. I do not like the long tedious auctions. I find a lot of their sales assistants to be extremely - shall we say for decency's sake- annoying. If it is a trick then what else do they do and say to sell their jewellery. I hope I am wrong and Tjc is not going the way of GemsTv.

I don't see it as a trick. I see it as good business sense. If something sells quickly and they know that more people were on the phone/web and wanted to buy it but there weren't enough, then why not give those people the opportunity to buy? They can't predict how well everything will sell so this is a good way of not lining up massive auctions but selling more if they're wanted.

Also, if something isn't popular then this doesn't happen and the auctions change so keeping the viewer happy.

Honestly, for me, this is a world away from GemsTV. I'll tell you what I do see as a trick (and this is NOT TJC I'm talking about here) is when there are 100 in an auction and they all sell, only days later for 50 to be shown again!

Latest posts

Back