Who Buys a £42 Easter Egg?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Ciociaria

Guest Shopper
Was enjoying the Bobbi Brown show until JF remarked that a £42 palette would make a better Easter gift than an egg. Make me feel quite inadequate - I bought mine yesterday at Thorntons. Two for a fiver! I must be a real cheapskate then if other folks spend £42 per egg!

Was enjoying the Bobbi Brown show until JF remarked that a £42 palette would make a better Easter gift than an egg. Make me feel quite inadequate - I bought mine yesterday at Thorntons. Two for a fiver! I must be a real cheapskate then if other folks spend £42 per egg!

The world has gone mad! I am with you - an Easter gift for £42????? Get real

:thinking:But do many of you buy Easter gifts at all? I don't. We used to buy easter eggs for our boys when they were children but not gifts. On a recent Tiana B hour, Mrs Tiana said "Imagine waking up on Easter morning and finding this dress"!! Maybe I am just an Easter Scrooge.

ah, but you have to, at least £42 worth for the neighbours, £20 for the postman, the bin man and the milk man, close relatives at least £80 distant relatives all £50. Then you take out a loan to pay the credit cards and then get another credit card to pay the loan repayments. The comes Christmas and you repeat step 1 to 4 ..... wait: have we not ben here before???????

The Easter gift should be an Easter egg if you ask me. It's traditional, fun and delicious. And fortunately everyone in my family likes chocolate so there's no need to find an alternative. And certainly not a £42 alternative.

It's all a cocking rip off, whatever they're presenting will always make 'a great alternative to a chocolate egg at Easter - don't buy your loved ones chocolate, they'll only eat it, get fat and become diabetic...' then when Thorntons is on 'there's no better way to celebrate Easter than with a chocolate egg! Don't bother with other silly little gifts, chocolate is what everyone wants...'

Oh dear. I think Miss Cavey needs a lie down...

I'm having a schism!

So if Easter present = end of Lent-given-up thing then have people been walking around naked or without eyeshadow since Shrove Tuesday? :sweat: Quite terrfying!

There's no Tiana B or Bobbi Brown in the James I Bible you know....no wait...no choccy egg or bunnies either...aaaaaaaaarrrrgh!

Jude xx (feeling obcure tonight)

The Easter gift should be an Easter egg if you ask me. It's traditional, fun and delicious. And fortunately everyone in my family likes chocolate so there's no need to find an alternative. And certainly not a £42 alternative.

I agree. There's no need to spend a fortune or buy and enorrrrrrmous egg. I'd be happy with a couple of Creme Eggs. It's the thought that counts.

Any opportunity to get more money out of us by suggesting we MUST buy a pricey alternative....grrr!

ah, but you have to, at least £42 worth for the neighbours, £20 for the postman, the bin man and the milk man, close relatives at least £80 distant relatives all £50. Then you take out a loan to pay the credit cards and then get another credit card to pay the loan repayments. The comes Christmas and you repeat step 1 to 4 ..... wait: have we not ben here before???????

....teachers' gifts, present drawer for when your child needs an urgent pressie for a birthday party , stockpile so you don't run out.

Once you've repeated steps 1 to 4 three times, you then increase your mortgage so that the purchase of the eggs is secured on your home..

Latest posts

Back