Joan Rivers Specs

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
I've just made my first QVC purchase of 2011, another pair of Joan Rivers reading glasses but not the TSV. I'm not sure I want a pair of permanent reading sunglasses and the plain ones look a bit naff so I've gone for the conversion ones (they go darker in sunlight) which are back in stock. At £34 and on easy pay, they're far better quality than reading specs I've had made at the opticians for three times the price. Even the case they come in is gorgeous. If anyone is interested, here is a link:-

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.337031.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

I have these specs too in plum and then I ordered the black because I liked them so much. I don't really need readers tbh but sometimes my eyes do get tired (either an MS or an age thing!! :sad:) so I ordered them in the lowest strength for a bit of extra help with reading at night. They are also fairly small in size which suits me because I hate that praying mantis look that big goggs can give. The convsersion thing is also useful to use as makeshift sunglasses when I'm driving as road signs get a bit bleached out in glaring sunlight. I know you can get much cheaper readers but these are stylish (love the subtle bit of bling :rock:) and worth the extra cost imho.

I've been tempted with these in the past (I recently bought myself some genuine 1920s frames from fleabay, had my reading prescription put into them and I love them but after a while they pinch my nose) - these look nicely retro and the bling on them is just enough, hmnhmnh - you two might just have talked me into going for them...shall I???

Quick edit - can't my prescription is on waitlist in all the colours I want...feh...

Last edited:
I've been tempted with these in the past (I recently bought myself some genuine 1920s frames from fleabay, had my reading prescription put into them and I love them but after a while they pinch my nose)

Hi Cavegirl,

I have just had somes new glasses that hurt like hell on my nose, so I went back to the opticians who swapped the nose pieces for silicone ones. Bliss, no more pain. :happy:
I thought you might be able to get yours changed at an opticians albeit you got the frames elsewhere, might be worth a try though even if it costs a couple of pounds.

Kim

Sadly I am one of life's 'misser outers'

tsv for reading glasses - I can read without glasses, i am short sighted !
tsv for pierced earrings - I dont have pierced ears
tsv for huuuuge cooking pots - I live on my own

Child benefit - dont have kids
car spaces by the supermarket entrance - ditto

and on and on it goes..................................

Quick edit - can't my prescription is on waitlist in all the colours I want...feh...
Bugga!! Keep checking the website Cavey cos sometimes stuff reappears with cancellations or when cheque holds expire.

I've been tempted with these in the past (I recently bought myself some genuine 1920s frames from fleabay, had my reading prescription put into them and I love them but after a while they pinch my nose)

Hi Cavegirl,

I have just had somes new glasses that hurt like hell on my nose, so I went back to the opticians who swapped the nose pieces for silicone ones. Bliss, no more pain. :happy:
I thought you might be able to get yours changed at an opticians albeit you got the frames elsewhere, might be worth a try though even if it costs a couple of pounds.

Kim

Hi Kim - thanks for this! My optician put lenses in the frames for me, but as they are antique the bridge etc can't be messed with, I did ask at the time.

Thanks for the thought though :nod: :handshake:

Latest posts

Back