Richard flamin Jackson

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Gem Genie

Registered Shopper
I swear I am in danger of throwing a large object through my tv screen.

I cannot abide the man.

I have more knowledge of gardening in my little finger than this man has in all of his body.

He's another one like the blessed Peony silk flower woman who says flars instead of flowers.

I wonder how it is that a silly little man like him can annoy me so much? I just can't watch him at all and otherwise I would watch the gardening features even though the plants are an extortionate price.

OOOOOOOH I Knooooooow !!!!! its the way he clasps his hands together when making a point - its a killer !!! tbh I had never heard of him outside of qvc, but he's obviously making a packet, sticking his name on soil feed and such like. (he ought to take some in his tea, it might make HIM grow !)

I would rather QVC got themselves a new resident expert and not one that keeps plugging his Flower Power product at every opportunity!

He used to write a colum in The Sun newspaper and they got rid of him so why can't QVC do the same.

Ideal World has a decent chap from Garden Bargains that knows his Onions (excuse the pun).

I swear I am in danger of throwing a large object through my tv screen.

I cannot abide the man.

I have more knowledge of gardening in my little finger than this man has in all of his body.

He's another one like the blessed Peony silk flower woman who says flars instead of flowers.

I wonder how it is that a silly little man like him can annoy me so much? I just can't watch him at all and otherwise I would watch the gardening features even though the plants are an extortionate price.

I like him

I was watching him on the repeat hour this morning banging on about pollen-less lilies and that its good they have no pollen as it isn't very nice when it gets on the petals or on your tablecloth blah,blah,blah.

However, no mention that these lilies would be a good buy if you are a cat owner as lily pollen is poisonous to cats. That really hisses me off. Why does he never mention this?

It really makes my blood boil the odious little gnome:angry:

I was watching him on the repeat hour this morning banging on about pollen-less lilies and that its good they have no pollen as it isn't very nice when it gets on the petals or on your tablecloth blah,blah,blah.

However, no mention that these lilies would be a good buy if you are a cat owner as lily pollen is poisonous to cats. That really hisses me off. Why does he never mention this?

Well Catkins all I can say is thank you for this info, I had no idea this was the case. I tend to nip the pollen off anyway cos its a bit messy but my wee rascal, sorry beloved cat, loves eating flowers etc, which is why I dont have any in the house anymore and the only time I do is when someone gives me them as a gift (usually they end up at my Mums anyway!).

But I agree this is definately something a so called 'gardening expert' should be telling folk!

The only house plants we have now are Cacti! They dont die on me and pussycat can't eat them without a sore nose!

I don't mind Richard Jackson but then I know nothing about plants/gardening so wouldn't know if he was talking utter rubbish. I have noticed though that he has started saying you need to feed the plants 'whether that's with liquid tomato food or flower power (flar par)' rather than just plugging Flower Power all the time instead of just giving advice.

I'm sure I have just heard what is either some dodgy maths or I am being really stupid (wouldn't be unusual!). I thought DG said the TSV was a saving of 16p per plant against buying direct from Thompson and Morgan then RJ said he's just worked out if you bought 15 plants you'd be saving £9.

Surely 16p saving x 15 plants is 240p = £2.40? Someone tell me where I've gone wrong?

I don't mind Richard Jackson but then I know nothing about plants/gardening so wouldn't know if he was talking utter rubbish. I have noticed though that he has started saying you need to feed the plants 'whether that's with liquid tomato food or flower power (flar par)' rather than just plugging Flower Power all the time instead of just giving advice.

I'm sure I have just heard what is either some dodgy maths or I am being really stupid (wouldn't be unusual!). I thought DG said the TSV was a saving of 16p per plant against buying direct from Thompson and Morgan then RJ said he's just worked out if you bought 15 plants you'd be saving £9.

Surely 16p saving x 15 plants is 240p = £2.40? Someone tell me where I've gone wrong?

Its 61p more per plant direct from the T&M thats what I heard in the morning repeats. That would make the saving to just over £9. HTH

Just a word of warning ... all parts of lilies are poisonous to cats. They are more likely to get poisoned by the pollen because they'll brush against the plant and then get pollen on their fur and then ingest it when grooming. But please don't think it's only the pollen because if your cat is a plant muncher then lilies are a no-no.

There are loads of plants and flowers that should be avoided. African violets are fine though. I know because Alf ate a rather large one down to a stump!!

This man gives all presenters a bad name. I don't believe a word he says having been suckered in by his 'claims' in the past.
QVC should get rid of him and bring in a true expert that we can trust

Why can't they bring Charlie Dimmock to QVC permanently - that would improve viewing figures and certainly give us guys something to Ogle over on a Sunday morning!

That's exactly what I thought too.

What sort of expert can spout all that rubbish whilst knowing there's a good chance customers will be disappointed with their purchases.

Let's have Charlie Dimmock as the "resident gardening expert".

I love gardening and the QVC gardening hours really appeal to me but are spoilt by RJ's presenting style and mis-information.

Just a word of warning ... all parts of lilies are poisonous to cats. They are more likely to get poisoned by the pollen because they'll brush against the plant and then get pollen on their fur and then ingest it when grooming. But please don't think it's only the pollen because if your cat is a plant muncher then lilies are a no-no.

Thank you, TB, as I read through this thread that was just what I was itching to post.

The other thing that never gets mentioned is that in large swathes of the UK, even as far north as Scotland, scarlet lily beetles rip through plants overnight, so they're a total waste of money anyway.

For anyone who's not sure what these horrible foreign invaders look like, there's more info here:

http://www.gardenforumhorticulture.co.uk/pestwatch/lily-beetle.htm

PS Don't read the bit about what the larvae cover themselves with if you're eating your tea at the time. :devil:
Bleh.

provado kills them swiftly. i also brush them off the plants and stamp on them. you have to watch for lillie beatle every day and keep on top of them literally as they can if the infestation gets out of contrl strip a plant overnight.

Why can't they bring Charlie Dimmock to QVC permanently - that would improve viewing figures and certainly give us guys something to Ogle over on a Sunday morning!

My husband likes her too. I don't see what the attraction is personally. She's not very feminine and needs to go to Bravissimo to get fitted with a proper bra. Not that I have a clue what you blokes look for in a women of course!

There are loads of plants and flowers that should be avoided. African violets are fine though. I know because Alf ate a rather large one down to a stump!!

Thanks Tinkerbelle! In my haste to denounce the dreaded Jackson I omitted to mention that it is the whole flower. Y'see that's what that man does to a person!!

they use very special math at QVC towers: its not for everyone :devil:

Latest posts

Back