Do you remember which presenter sold you something?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

C

Ciociaria

Guest Shopper
Some things stand out more than others - in the early days when I was gullible and liked everyone, JF sold me a large citrine pendant (my favourite gem). Except it was unlike any other citrine in my collection - it faded until it was almost clear with just a dash of colour! So annoyed because I was reeled in by JF's spiel. And AY sold my first purchase - Philip Kingsley shampoo which was absolutely useless on my hair type. I believed every word of the sales pitch. JR sold me a feather bed but that turned out all right. But worse than that she sold me a hideous B&W panda watch which is now beloved by my 5 year old niece. Why did I allow myself to get sucked in?! Not so gullible now - precision purchases only and I can't remember who is doing the selling these days because the sound is usually down or I buy via the web site.

Anthony sold me my very first purchase - a memory foam topper which I wouldn't part with for the world!

I have some gorgeous earings that Pipa twisted my arm to make me buy them, they are sliver and make me think of fuchsia flowers, always get compliments when I wear them (going into TC mode here), I am immune to the sales pitch now since discovering this forum, am so thankful!!!

AY sold me my first ever purchase. Shampure by Aveda & it was a good buy. I still use it from time to time. ( not the same bottle lol ).Far more prudent now & not so easliy led into believing what is said.

15 years ago I succumbed to the dulcet tones of Liz Earle extoling the virtues of her cleanse and polish ,instant boost skin tonic and skin repair for dry and sensitive skins!

It was presented then in the original peach packaging, and allegedly packed in Liz's own kitchen

AY sold me Decleor Prolagene and to this day I am so grateful!!!

I can't remember who "sold" me my first purchase - a clown fob watch cos I was in an amateur dramatics group at the time and we were doing Barnum!

However, I do remember the very first programme I saw. I was in Florida and Joan Rivers was on selling her egg pendants and a gold fob watch (you can see a pattern here!). I was hooked and couldn't wait for QVC to come to the UK. Indeed, when it finally came here I bought a fob watch and silver egg pendant with matching earrings from Joan's shows.

Still love watching Joan now.

Good question Ciociaria! My first purchase was a long time ago and I can't remember the presenter..it was a silver ring with a sky blue topaz - I have it still tho it no longer fits. You sound like many of us on here now..old hands who are no longer taken in by the spiel and buy only what they actually want!

I can't remember who "sold" me my first purchase - a clown fob watch cos I was in an amateur dramatics group at the time and we were doing Barnum!

However, I do remember the very first programme I saw. "

I also remember the first programme I saw which was if I remember the name correctly, Silver Heritage jewellery. I also remember Property of a Lady jewellery, mainly because of the guest presenter. I don't remember my first purchase or who presented it, it was probably jewellery (I think there is a bit of a theme developing here!) :blush:

I don't remember who the presenter was but my first purchase was a Kirk's Folly Kitty Cat Keychain - January 96. I had been watching since they launched but that was the first time (of many!) that I succumbed.:call::call::call:

I know my first purchase was Cleanse and Polish (turned out not to suit my skin) but I can't remember who was on when I succumbed, though I think it was probably Liz herself that sold it to me rather than the presenter. My first jewellery was a set of three stackable sterling silver and marcasite rings - Pipa presented them, I bought and I have worn them most days since they arrived - they are beautiful, very high quality too!

I don't think the presenters influence me that much and I certainly can't remember who presented the items I've bought recently let alone in the past.

Neither can I remember what was my first purchase although I would guess jewellery as that's my main vice.

My first ever purchase was a 'Chop Wizard ' kitchen gadget that I still use regularly and love . I can't remember who the presenter was , but Jilly, the kitchen / Easiyo lady did the demo.
After a flurry of buying early on after discovering QVC , I now try to buy sparingly and with much more consideration. It doesn't always work though !!!

first purchase

My first purchase was from QVC. A camera demonstrated by Dave Bradford when he was at the channel. I sent the camera back, it was rubblish!!

Latest posts

Back