Hilarious comment from Chuntley on Beauty Day...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
I was watching an hour I recorded from Beauty Day this morning and saw Catherine presenting that Revitalash stuff. Cue screen shots of several desperate celebrities posing with a bottle of said product and Catherine going 'well, all of those celebrities are happy to be putting their names to this products. And you know celebrities, they wouldn't do it if they didn't believe in it'......

:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_507::mysmilie_510:

Is she SERIOUS??!

Well, gave me a laugh first thing this morning...

Tx

just one example of the sort of claptrap being spouted more and more often nowadays by presenters and guests.

Am I alone in buying things based purely on the product information rather than being influenced by their silly comments and opinions ?

it is unbelievably scary to think that there are thousands of people who base their choice of purchase according to a "celebrity" endorsement.:sad::doh::confused::headbang:

just one example of the sort of claptrap being spouted more and more often nowadays by presenters and guests.

Am I alone in buying things based purely on the product information rather than being influenced by their silly comments and opinions ?

No, you're not alone. If I buy a prodwee, it's because I want to use it for it's efficacy, because it's a brand I'm interested in or something I've researched.

I won't buy it just because the presenters are thrusting the celebrity angle down our necks.

I am utterly sick to death of the 'cheryl cole wears this...only available elsewhere by private appointment in a special mayfair clinic frequented by basil brush, orville and nookie bear...' angle. And after all, we all know that Cheryl Cole only uses the finest E45 anyway. Because she's woath it so sha is, pet.

I'd be more impressed if they just said, 'look at this, it's a really good product because it contains this ingredient, this ingredient is good in a skincare routine because...and it will help with...' and have us some useful information and hints on application, rather than the other rollocks.

:sun:

I was watching an hour I recorded from Beauty Day this morning and saw Catherine presenting that Revitalash stuff. Cue screen shots of several desperate celebrities posing with a bottle of said product and Catherine going 'well, all of those celebrities are happy to be putting their names to this products. And you know celebrities, they wouldn't do it if they didn't believe in it'......

:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_483::mysmilie_507::mysmilie_510:

Is she SERIOUS??!

Well, gave me a laugh first thing this morning...

Tx

Many of them looked like the dodgy crew who hold the Charlie Lapson bags and grimace.

Latest posts

Back