Best Idea for an inexpensive Easter gift yet

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

barbedwire

Registered Shopper
Earlier on happened to catch some of the Veronese hour while I was waiting for my buns to rise.

Craig was on with Jeanetta, and they were showing a bracelet priced at £49.50. Fair dos, not a bad bracelet (think it sold out, it's not on the product list anymore).

Then Craig waddles this Charlie Bear into view http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.758915.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch wraps the bracelet round it's tummy and says 'Now these two paired together would make a lovely Easter gift instead of chocolate...'

Yes. Yes it would, coming in at a price of £99 plus almost £7 in p&p. A snip at half the price:tongue:.

This is just getting ridiculous...:dull: I wish they would think before they speak, over £100 for an Easter gift?:taphead:

Madness. They alienate more and more with every hour. Julians common sense comments seem to go straight over the heads of the other self important presenters.

To be fair, if you were presenting stuffed toys to an adult viewer how could you pesuade them to part with their hard earned cash...I can't think of any good reason so I'd be rubbish and sit there like a stuffed mullet with absolutely nothing to say.

Well to be fair it was Ginetta who started it with the little bear, saying how she saw it backstage and fell in love with it. She draped a Veronese gemset beaded bracelet around it like a necklace and said that she'd love to receive this as an Easter gift, telling men (in particular) that they wouldn't need to wrap it to give it to the wife or daughter in their life.:bear:

Ginetta went on a lot about the weight (lightness), don't shower in (the gold will change colour slightly, albeit after a year as per friend anecdote) -wondering if there have been a few complaints about quality (hope not, recently bought a chain necklace).

Then Craig waddles this Charlie Bear into view http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.758915.cm_scid.ItemNumberSearch wraps the bracelet round it's tummy and says 'Now these two paired together would make a lovely Easter gift instead of chocolate...'

Yes. Yes it would, coming in at a price of £99 plus almost £7 in p&p. A snip at half the price:tongue:.

This is just getting ridiculous...:dull: I wish they would think before they speak, over £100 for an Easter gift?:taphead:[/QUOTE]

As I have seen various threads about rubbish Easter gift references on QVC, maybe the presenters are having a laff, and competing to see who can make the most outlandish easter gift suggestion...winner gets an Easter Egg:wonder::sun::wonder:

Earlier today Craig said it would be good idea to give these coat-hangers instead of an Easter egg. As they are only £12 plus p&p you could tidy out your wardrobe and get 100 hangers!!! At £12 for 10 hangers that's a lotta cash for hangers and p&p.
http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx?app=detail&view=2&params=item^832038,tpl^uk,sc^,cc^,from^,navlist^148188*148480*150735*830544*831119*832038*832652*832653*832655*,cm_scid^24hr

Hangers as a Easter Gift!!!! If someone bought me those I'd think they were taking the proverbial...

I did see them.... He was saying as well buy a kipling bag as a easter gift as you don't have the excess calories that you get with a chocolate egg...

Ginetta went on a lot about the weight (lightness), don't shower in (the gold will change colour slightly, albeit after a year as per friend anecdote) -wondering if there have been a few complaints about quality (hope not, recently bought a chain necklace).

I bought my stepmother a necklace and she's worn it practically every day for 18 months and she says they're absolutely as they were when she got them. I have a ring that I only wear occasionally and that's perfect but I also have a Rose gold bangle and I've never got it wet but the colour has changed. It was very pink when I got and I wore it to death in the 30 day money back guarantee to test it out and it was fine. I have worn it lots and it's still rose gold but less pink and more what I think is genuinely rose gold. But no sign of silver coming through. For what it's worth I have a Cavalli watch that's rose gold plated and that's gone exactly the same way.

My engagement ring is rose gold and I have a few antique pieces and I don't think the bright pink Veronese Rose gold colour is right. I prefer it once it coppers up a bit.

Hope you love your necklace.

Latest posts

Back