Spring cleaning - grip to me hangers...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
... are they any good?

I need at least 120 of them, I literally cannot get a fag paper into my wardrobe, (not that I'd want to put a fag paper in there), so I thought a nice spritz and grip to me hangers would make some space. Before I possibly waste my money, do they actually do the job?

Thanks in advance :happy:

Yes they most definitely are but search out other places to buy, especially that well-known auction site!!!

... are they any good?

I need at least 120 of them, I literally cannot get a fag paper into my wardrobe, (not that I'd want to put a fag paper in there), so I thought a nice spritz and grip to me hangers would make some space. Before I possibly waste my money, do they actually do the job?

Thanks in advance :happy:

I got the recent TSV (832559) There were 50 in the set ordinary and suit hangers. I think they are really good. They have cascade hooks , which is sometimes useful and the colour does not transfer onto wet garments when drip-drying. I threw all my old hangers out and there is actually more room in my wardrobe. I use them on the line to dry outside and they survive even strong wind drying.

I've seen the same kind of hangers in primark , i think they were about £6..

Yes! I recently bought new bedroom furniture and needed to reorganise. i bought mine from TK Maxx. Because they are all the same size, they give FAR more room in the wardrobe.

I'd always sneered at the demos on QVC, but they really have given me a lot more room. Just don't get them from QVC or you'll pay more.

B & M have non-slip hangers, £1.99 for 5 I think, also Primark do them and Wilkos, but they only have them in black. They don't cascade, but they do take up less room in the wardrobe and they do keep your clothes on - also great for drying things on the line as Scouser said.

I bought mine a couple of months ago from Primark - 60 in all. They are fab, clothes all at one level so you can see what you've got, and no more garments hanging off, or at the bottom of the wardrobe. I dropped all my old hangers off at a charity shop.

Mine were £4 per pack of 10, and worth every penny.

I still prefer the QVC ones because they cascade and this saves even more space - also they are colour fast and I don't think I'd trust some of the other brands.

I bought mine a couple of months ago from Primark - 60 in all. They are fab, clothes all at one level so you can see what you've got, and no more garments hanging off, or at the bottom of the wardrobe. I dropped all my old hangers off at a charity shop.
Mine were £4 per pack of 10, and worth every penny.

I took a stack to Barnardos and they told me they don't accept them anymore! Check before you bother.

I started off with some from QVC a few years ago then added to from As seen on TV or similar and then lastly Home Bargains when they had them in cheap. Had no colour run on any of them. I personally don't like cascading hangers as I find they get too heavy and also things end up being near the bottom of the wardrobe.

B & M have non-slip hangers, £1.99 for 5 I think, also Primark do them and Wilkos, but they only have them in black. They don't cascade, but they do take up less room in the wardrobe and they do keep your clothes on - also great for drying things on the line as Scouser said.

Recently bought a load from here, to supplement my TK max ones. Does say in small print on back of the B & M packaging not to use with wet clothes. So, bought them in a different colour, so as not to get mixed up with others.
I love them, so much tidier looking.

I have various types of these 'grip to me' hangers. Saves loads of wardrobe space, they are lightweight too. Not ventured to hang wet clothes on them in fear of dye coming out of the hangers and as I've so many different brands can't tell which were QVC ones.

Recently bought a load from here, to supplement my TK max ones. Does say in small print on back of the B & M packaging not to use with wet clothes. So, bought them in a different colour, so as not to get mixed up with others.
I love them, so much tidier looking.

thanks MA, have to confess I'd not noticed that. I have used them for line drying, but jumpers mainly, and haven't noticed any colour run - however, will be careful with them.

I have some "things"..really don't know what you call them, but you hang them on the rail and there's a drop down bit that will take up to six hangers (12 in my case as I double up!) ..I think they're by JML, so you could get the cascading bit like that if you need to.

I'm fairly sure the ones in TK Maxx are made by the people who make the QVC ones. Some of the ones I bought had an animal print (giraffe). EXACTLY the same print in every way, as some that QVC are offering. http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.832293.cm_scid.KeywordSearch

Would seem quite a co-incidence.

Hung a wet white shirt on one and there has been no colour run.

Yes I'll second that. I'm sure T K Maxx ones are the same as they sell on Le Q too, and you don't have to buy 10,000 of them to try them first.

I took a stack to Barnardos and they told me they don't accept them anymore! Check before you bother.

They have a coat hanger recyling rack in Cabot Circus shopping centre in Bristol - you can just help yourself or I assume add more to it?

I have loads of these hangers some qvc, some txmaxx some I got in Morrisons and they are one of my best buys. I can't tell which are which either as they all do the same job.

Costco have adult and children sizes on offer at the mo, can't remember the prices sorry about that. I know they it was cheaper than QVC if that helps. Went on Monday so should still be there.

As a mere male, I have to ask the obvious question.

Because they are very thin then this is supposed to save lots of space in the wardrobe.

But looking at my wardrobe, it is the CLOTHES that take up the space, not the hangers they are on.

Most of my clothes (suits, jackets, trousers, thick sweaters etc) take up more wardrobe width than the wooden hangers they are on. However thin the hangers were, I still couldn't get any more clothes into my wardrobe as the clothes themselves are packed tightly together.

They may work for thin women's blouses, but I can't see they would be any use for men's suits etc.

Ah now y'see stratobuddy my OH was as sceptical as you until I gave him some of mine to try. Once he realised how much more stuff he could pack away in his wardrobe he went out and bought himself another suit!!

Honestly, they really do save you space. just buy a set of ten from TK Maxx or Homesense and I bet you'll be converted.

Latest posts

Back