Introduction Prices - Do they go up? YES!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AmethystRox

Registered Shopper
I like to watch the Veronese shows and have bought an item now and again. On a couple of the recent shows 2 bracelets were presented at the beginning of two or more of the shows. They were called Byzantine and Bismark, they tend to be shown together ... really like them both a lot. I thought that the Intro price was a lot higher than when I got the Byzantine so I went looking through my files and found it. Same item number so that made it easy to compare "like for like" (675078). When I bought it in January 2010 the introduction price was £52.29, now it's £70.56. I was going to reward myself for good behaviour at some point with the Bismark but at the higher intro price at £70.56 I don't think I will. After this last Veronese outing the "QVC Price" of £78.00 kicks in for both. :mysmilie_503::mysmilie_455:

Oh well ... should have returned the other Veronese item (another bracelet) that was disappointing back in mid-Jan 2010 and exchanged it for the Bismark. :headbang: I've never worn it and each time I think that I didn't get to the PO to send it back it makes me :puke:

I know silver has skyrocketed since last year but it still makes me :sad:

So intro prices do go up and it's not mentioned ... but then I wouldn't expect it to be. I am sure that these two bracelets aren't the only ones that have a higher price. A few other Veronese items seemed higher but I can't confirm or deny those for certain ... just a feeling.

Wonder if I could sell the other Veronese bracelet for silver and get a decent price?:wonder::grin::wink:

Wonder if I could sell the other Veronese bracelet for silver and get a decent price?:wonder::grin::wink:

Ginetta said yesterday that she saves up pieces that she is fed up with and when she has a fair amount gets them melted and reshaped into whatever takes her fancy. Because she has the "precious" metal she is only paying for labour!

Ginetta said yesterday that she saves up pieces that she is fed up with and when she has a fair amount gets them melted and reshaped into whatever takes her fancy. Because she has the "precious" metal she is only paying for labour!

Yeah, yeah, yeah to quote someone famous :blush: They probably do that in Italy but here? I'm more mad at myself for not returning the bracelet as it felt lightweight, sounded tinny and was overall a let down. The byzantine was alright ... lightweight compared to gold but still substantive. It's one of the few pieces I knew should go back but didn't act on it fast enough. So a lesson learned "don't keep anything that isn't just right", and slow down a lot on purchasing!!

What I've noticed is that intro prices go up to QVC prices, then back down to intro, then back up, then down etc........

This makes a mockery of intro prices, as it is not just for new items like they want you to assume.

And I've noticed that some things in clearance are actually dearer than I paid full price for several months ago!
This is with jewellery.

I'm fed up with keep hearing on all channels about how silver prices have gone through the roof, up a 100% since year etc.

Todays Hatton Garden price for silver is 58p a gram which makes the price of most silver jewellery done to labour, tax, profit and designer name course!!

Latest posts

Back