TSV launch show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I've just seen the buy more save more offer in the Gossip watch TSV. DF is pushing the savings for the 2nd item etc, and if you buy all 5 it works out at £6.80 each. She subtly suggested we might like one in each colour.

She then said that if we bought more than one identical item we would also save 50% of the p&p on the 2nd and more items. She did not explain that "identical" means the same colour.

So first of all she encourages us to buy more than one colour, then fails to make it clear that no matter how much the 2nd, 3rd watches cost and are discounted, you will still pay standard postage for each. P&P is £2.95, 45 pence less than the price of the watch itself if you buy all 5.

I find this sort of thing quite dishonest, because she obviously knows what she's doing.

(Sorry this is not very well written, hope it makes some sense though).

Who on earth would want one of each colour - and fork out nearly £15 in p&p for the privilege? Looks like something you could pick up in the market for less than a fiver :talking:

She then said that if we bought more than one identical item we would also save 50% of the p&p on the 2nd and more items. She did not explain that "identical" means the same colour.

So first of all she encourages us to buy more than one colour, then fails to make it clear that no matter how much the 2nd, 3rd watches cost and are discounted, you will still pay standard postage for each. P&P is £2.95, 45 pence less than the price of the watch itself if you buy all 5.

To be fair, she does say that if you buy the SAME colour, the p&p will be halved cos they're picking and packing from the same part of the warehouse. You can see it here: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukdetail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=watchvideo&item=696321&country=UK - go to 4.30

I agree it's a ridiculous rule. Should definitely be changed. Surely they don't have the blue in one part of the warehouse and the green on the other side?

To be fair, she does say that if you buy the SAME colour, the p&p will be halved cos they're picking and packing from the same part of the warehouse. You can see it here: http://www.qvcuk.com/ukdetail/ViewOptions.aspx?viewOption=watchvideo&item=696321&country=UK - go to 4.30

I agree it's a ridiculous rule. Should definitely be changed. Surely they don't have the blue in one part of the warehouse and the green on the other side?

On that occasion yes, but I only heard her earlier (or later) and she definitely did not mention identical colours. It needs to be made clear every time.

I'm probably nit-picking, but I'm really hacked off with some of their tactics recently, presumably fed to them via the earphone.

Agree that this "smoke and mirrors" presentation is wrong. Heard it last night on TSV launch and pitied all the new customers who were maybe getting sucked into this tactic.

gossip tsv

I agree with all the comments made by DF this morning. QVC need to cap the p&p if they are going to offer the muliple buys. I was thinking of buying the black one, but I am now voting with my feet until QVC come up with a more reasonable P&P.

Who on earth would want one of each colour - and fork out nearly £15 in p&p for the privilege? Looks like something you could pick up in the market for less than a fiver :talking:

I agree. I bought a Gossip watch once for £14 + exorbitant p & p and then saw the exact same watch - identical except there was no Gossip brand name on it, even same packaging etc. for a fiver in a shop in town. They obviously must make unbranded watches as well.

I realised then that even though they seem reasonably priced, they are still a rip off especially when you factor in the p & p.

Latest posts

Back