Yong Kim "fashion"

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I've never seen such a load of shapeless and miserable-coloured clothes. The fabric looks rubbish, hems are uneven, button plackets pull and the so-called crinkle garments just look creased. The items that should be cut on the bias aren't, so they don't hang properly and items that should be cut with the grain are not, so they pull and twist around the body.

To top it all, they are expensive (imo).

I have to say that I have an awful lot of Yong Kim pieces, and I wear them all the time. They're incredibly comfortable, they hang beautifully and wash well. They make me feel casual but not frumpy. I can see why they're not everyone's taste, and may seem expensive, but I get so much wear out of them, they're worth every penny. This is one fashion line I'm very grateful to QVC for bringing us.

There's quite a few pieces I like but they're too dear for me at the moment.

I havent succumbed YET, its always a timing issue ( I'm off to Florida in 2 weeks for my twice yearly hols there)

I LOVE this range of QVC fashion, and I think the prices are very reasonable. I buy an awful lot of Elisa Cavaletti clothing which is 3 times the price, but I wear them so much it I feel I get my moneys worth

I've never seen such a load of shapeless and miserable-coloured clothes. The fabric looks rubbish, hems are uneven, button plackets pull and the so-called crinkle garments just look creased. The items that should be cut on the bias aren't, so they don't hang properly and items that should be cut with the grain are not, so they pull and twist around the body.

To top it all, they are expensive (imo).

It takes all sorts, but I'm with you on this fashion, I would spend my time trying to iron out the creases, and if I saw anyone wearing the clothes I would have thought that they had slept in them... a great big no,no from me.

I like some of the designs and think it's very "lagenlook" but I haven't succumbed. I think it can look great worn in the right way. I have one or two "lagenlook" pieces but they're fairly tame and usually bought at either TK Maxx or Sahara or independent boutiques ... the latter two only in the sale!

I actually quite like some of her stuff - but cannot see where the prices come from.

However the main reason,I haven't bought any of her stuff is because I wear a 16 top and a 14 bottom.I fear the clothes would make me look HUGE - I try to keep in mind,that they look "sweet" and "elfin" on little Pipa - but I'd look like a hippo:sweat:

This range appeals to people who like the lagenlook, which has a huge following. I personally don't like lagenlook clothing on me but I think they are the style of clothes that always look much better when seen in real life.

Layer is only the literal term. A layered floaty chiffon top with a bold floral pattern is clearly not lagenlook.

Isn't it? Well unless you explain what lagenlook actually is, instead of what it's not, then I'm not going to understand why we have to use the German word for layer instead of the English one. :sad:

Earlier in the Yong Kim hour JF was wearing a floaty chiffon top which I assumed was part of the range. :cheeky:

Isn't it? Well unless you explain what lagenlook actually is, instead of what it's not, then I'm not going to understand why we have to use the German word for layer instead of the English one. :sad:

Earlier in the Yong Kim hour JF was wearing a floaty chiffon top which I assumed was part of the range. :cheeky:

Oooh, I liked that top but no idea what range it's from.

Well lagenlook comes from the german for layered look so in some respects you are right. But it's also about asymmetric hemlines and mixing something like a floaty top with a shorter more structured jacket and cropped trousers. Most lagenlook clothes are also natural fabrics like linen, cotton or wool. It can be really flattering on all body shapes and I think it looks quite quirky or arty if done well. Hope that helps a bit.

Well lagenlook comes from the german for layered look so in some respects you are right. But it's also about asymmetric hemlines and mixing something like a floaty top with a shorter more structured jacket and cropped trousers. Most lagenlook clothes are also natural fabrics like linen, cotton or wool. It can be really flattering on all body shapes and I think it looks quite quirky or arty if done well. Hope that helps a bit.

I think that's the leading statement here.

I think this range is dreadful: the models look like they've escaped from an institution and it all looks so scruffy.

But then "fashion" isn't really about looking good, it's about blindly following a trend no matter how it makes you look. Anyone remember the puffball skirt from the 80s that made yer bum look 20 times larger? Oh, how I wept...

I think most of the models are actually too tall for Yong Kim clothes. They're designed, I think, for shorter frames, and look best of all on slim delicate bodies such as oriental girls...like the designer presumably. They almost need to swamp you. The models are too tall, too athletic, too broad-shouldered (some of them) and too leggy. On a narrow-shouldered 5'4" thin-hipped woman like me, they look brilliant. I wore the 'awful' stripey dress to London on Mothers Day, and my uber-cool daughter at once said 'I love that dress. Where did you get it?' It looked wonderful. I love the swooping hems and assymetry. I adore these clothes so much, and enjoy wearing them so much, I feel I have to stick up for them! I don't want QVC to stop selling them...

Apols for my comments to those of you who like and wear this range. I'm quite large and I tend to scrutinise QVC's fashion based on whether I think it would suit me !

it's about what suits you, I could imagine my sister looking good in this range, she's very slim, has cropped hair and slender legs. If I wore it I'd look like I'd been rolling around in a clothing bank.

The floaty top JF was wearing was from the Antthony range which I quite liked.

Yong Kim would do absolutely nothing for me as I'm a little on the large side but I can see why people like it.

The prices are a little steep and the black dress which was £123.50 (yikes!!) looked to me to be rather shapeless and didn't quite hang right.

Latest posts

Back