This is getting pathetic

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yazrose

Registered Shopper
Sorry but it is.

Thread after thread about what is wrong with GemsTV.

Most threads eventually turn into a shouting match.

I have no sympathy with Steve or his "family business".

They brought this on themselves.

they CHOSE to come on here, get help getting rockTV off the ground, basking in the glory of positve threads and comments.

BUT what happened when it started going wrong?
They moaned, they groaned, they disappeared, they then said they would not be posting because forum members were not being so positive, they argued with Graham, they accused Graham of bribing us, bullying tactics and now are asking us to go to a face to face meeting.

Do they not realise how unprofessional they look?
How childish they look?
How immature they look?
Do they not realise that they do no longer come across as a caring loyal family business, but more like a spoilt brat that is being told all about their behaviour.

I stopped buying because they took objections to bad comments.
Now I wont buy because of how they come across, because of how unprofessional they look.

They should remember it is not the amount of people who comment and join this site.
It is the amount of people who google GemsTV and it brings up this site and they read this section of it and wont buy from them.

GemsTV and Steve, take note, you need to start looking and acting more professional.
You need to sort out your Gems.
you need to sort out your CS.
You need to sort out what sort of channel you are.

and more importantly, you need to get customers RESPECT.

YOU CHOSE TO COME ON HERE AND HAVE CLOSE CONTACT WITH YOUR CUSTOMERS.
YOU CHOSE TO SHINE IN THE GOOD THREADS AND COMMENTS.
YOU ALSO CHOSE TO DISAPPEAR AND BLAME US FOR YOU NOT POSTING WHEN THINGS WENT DOWN HILL AT YOUR COMPANY.

Last edited:
Quite right Yaz...

The same comments keep returning here time and time again relating to Gems: if Steve really had any inclination to change the things we complain about he would have done it before now.

There used to be a review system on the previous website; that has now gone, and I would hazard a guess that too much negative feedback was being given on product or CS for Steve's liking.

As a fellow forum poster has suggested, I'm of the opinion that Gems is rushing down the Swannee like a rudderless raft and Steve is now trying to win previous (and enthusiastic) customers back.

Steve; if you're reading this, try reading the other posts on this forum too and I mean really READ them. Digest the repeat comments relating to quality of product and CS, and if you can't make the things better that matter, it's probably time you put Gems out of its misery. There are, after all, people doing what you do a lot more successfully.

Jinny

The downfall of every auction channel starts by going on freeview,
Bid-up.tv
Price-drop.tv
TJC – wouldn’t say it was a downfall, but this did end the falling price auction format
And now gems tv
So nothing is going to change!

The downfall of every auction channel starts by going on freeview,
Bid-up.tv
Price-drop.tv
TJC – wouldn’t say it was a downfall, but this did end the falling price auction format
And now gems tv
So nothing is going to change!

Phill - I don't understand. I haven't got Freeview and I haven't noticed a significant change in anything with TJC or GemsTV that would equate to that. You can't put late refunds, poor customer service, loud presenters etc., down to that surely? That, to me, is finding excuses that don't exist. I don't mean to be patronising or rude when I say that. I just think that blame should be laid fairly at the door where it belongs if you know what I mean.

Phill - I don't understand. I haven't got Freeview and I haven't noticed a significant change in anything with TJC or GemsTV that would equate to that. You can't put late refunds, poor customer service, loud presenters etc., down to that surely? That, to me, is finding excuses that don't exist. I don't mean to be patronising or rude when I say that. I just think that blame should be laid fairly at the door where it belongs if you know what I mean.

By my post i mean the format. Steve said he wanted to get back to gems tv's routes, but changing the format to this allocated stock, pulling the auction at any time, is not the same as a falling price auction.
When TJC was first on freeview they had falling price auctions, but quickly changed to using timers to get through more items quickly.

But yes i do agree with you that it has nothing to do with poor refunds or loud presenters lol

Gotcha. Thought you meant that Freeview was responsible for everything lol!

Latest posts

Back