Is this a real Paraiba Tourmaline or not?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sahara

Registered Shopper
I would like to buy some real Paraiba Tourmaline but I'm not sure if any of the shopping channels sell the real thing. TJC just sold this:

http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/Common/medium/831881.jpg

It was a one off piece. I was thinking that if it really was a 25.050ct Mozambique Paraiba Tourmaline that it would sell for a lot more. Can anyone help me? Meeshoo?

It sold for £1489.99 and was 14k w gold.

Last edited:
No doubt Meeshoo will be along soon, but in the meantime I would say that I saw this and thought it was lovely. I can see no reason why TJC would risk their reputation by misleading/lying about what it is. It was a beautiful colour but very heavily included (even by normal standards of PT). The inclusions were very thick and this, in my opinion only, is why it was not faceted as I believe it would break in several places, thus losing the novelty of its size. xxxxxxxxxxxxx

It's impossible to say without having seen it. TJC's photographs are not great.

It may be that it's a Cuprian Tourmaline rather than a Paraiba Tourmaline. Did it glow? I mean really GLOW so that the colour looked false? A bit like a Paraiba Apatite?

The inclusions will affect the value considerably and if it was a cleanish stone the price (if it was neon) would be in the stratosphere! There is very very little PT on the market that's any good now and what is available is typically from Mozambique or Nigeria.

argeybargey and Meeshoo thank you both for your help. I don't remember it glowing but it was very heavily included. Stacey said it was Paraiba Tourmaline and so the the graphics. Meeshoo, I saw the pictures of your lovely rings and it didn't remind me of those at all. thanks again.

Sahara - you're welcome. If you didn't notice the glow then it most definitely wasn't a paraiba tourmaline. The neon quality and glow is what separates it apart from normal cuprian tourmaline. The thing is that you can't miss it. It smacks you in the face and you go "wow that doesn't look real".

Thank you for the kind words on my rings x

Latest posts

Back