ultra sun anti-ageing?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
I would love to know what the anti-ageing element of ultra sun face is. I have been using it since the TSV as my moisturiser. My skin has never looked better (well maybe when I was many years younger) Does anyone know what it is.:happy:

I would say "woohoo" and just keep using it!

I've no idea what the anti ageing element would be and I'm not sure they make any such claims but it obviously suits your skin and if you skin looks and feels better it is probably just really well hydrated thanks to the Ultrasun.

I doubt very much there are any of the top suspects in anti ageing like retinol or AHAs as they usually come with a stay out of the sun warning.

Thanks Tinkerbelle, I have ordered the 100ml but it is on waitlist, I hope it comes soon as my husband is using it too and he is not as mean with it as I am.lol

I have been using an SPF 15 on my face and was about to invest around £40 on Dermalogica SPF30. Read this thread and decided to order the SPF 30 Ultrasun. DIdn't bother with Q - ordered it direct for £19 with free P & P - bargain.

I use ultrasun every day and love it.I think its made a huge difference to my skin.I couldn't afford the recent TSV at the time - and it seemed madness,as I do use everyday.

So quite over the moon a couple of weeks back to find a near identical TSV set in TK Maxx for £14:rock: I shall certainly look out in TK Maxx again,as I was surprised it was in there - I normally buy my Ultrasun from my local pharmacy.

I have been using an SPF 15 on my face and was about to invest around £40 on Dermalogica SPF30. Read this thread and decided to order the SPF 30 Ultrasun. DIdn't bother with Q - ordered it direct for £19 with free P & P - bargain.

I buy my Ultrasun face SPF 30 from Amazon, £14.25 and free P&P.

Just had a look on the website and there seems to be a few different face SPFs and in different packaging but they're all labelled as Anti Aging. Anyone know if they're the same product just different sizes/packaging? The 100ml on the Q is good value if it's the same one, shame it's on waitlist! I'm off to Oz in July and I reckon my current moisturiser with SPF 30 won't be enough in the summer. Typically you can't buy Ultrasun in Oz so I was hoping to try some/stock up before I go.

Ta!

Tx

So, ordered my Ultrasun yesterday, free P & P and it arrived today - excellent. So glad I didn't waste £2.95 or whatever P & P and wait until after Easter by ordering from QVC. Lets face it if anything is ordered now from QVC it certainly will not turn up until next Tuesday!

I have been thinking of getting this for a while now and using as a day cream. I have been really bad about using spf on my face, except on holiday or on a roasting hot day, which we do not get many of here! If you use serums or oils, would you put them on before or after the Ultrasun? I already have some pigmentation marks on my face, due to the sun so I really need to make more of an effort.

I generally put my decleor aromessence oil on before any moisturiser. Am currently using a free sample Estee Lauder SPF one. I just leave the serum to sink in for a minute or so and haven't had an allergic reaction. Hopefully I won't get an allergic reaction with the Ultrasun

Mountains of this stuff in clearance at my local TK Maxx at the moment. £9 a bottle.

I don't know about ultrasun but I have pigmentation problems and used CE Ferulic by Skinceuticals for a while, until I learned to live with it, and that had to be put on to clean dry skin. My pigmentation problems are on the jawline though and not due to sun damage, but if I get a tan on my face they are much more noticeable.

I emailed Ultrasun last year about the face SPF & they said you must put it on first, on a clean face, allow it to bond for around 15 minutes then it's fine to apply anything after the Ultrasun.:sun:

I don't know about ultrasun but I have pigmentation problems and used CE Ferulic by Skinceuticals for a while, until I learned to live with it, and that had to be put on to clean dry skin. My pigmentation problems are on the jawline though and not due to sun damage, but if I get a tan on my face they are much more noticeable.

I am using the Ultrasun Face SPF 30 but in future will buy the SPF30 Family Protection Duo because I still need to apply a moisturiser 30 mins. after the Ultrasun Face. I thought that the Ultrasun Face would mean I could do away with using a moisturiser but since it doesn't I will buy the Ultrasun Family Protection in future which is cheaper.

Tinkerbelle, I had considered buying the Skinceuticals product for pigmentation issues. Would you say it is not very effective?

Last edited:
I have dug out my Ultrasun Face SPF30 & am using it every day now we have this sunny weather ( I can be very lazy about this sort of thing)I am trying to lighten some age spots which really will only go with laser treatment ( but am not prepared to go that far) I use a tinted moisturiser on top of the Ultrasun which works fine.If you are young enough to prevent any skin damage by using these products then go for it!

Latest posts

Back