Birkenstocks

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Tinkerbelle

Registered Shopper
What's the difference between the ranges? Papillio, Birkies, Betula. I'm devilled if I can work it out. I have one pair of Birkies and might try another. I might!

But I'd like to know the difference.

Thank you please.

Papillio - (seasonal) Our classic range of sandals updated with fashionable Birko-Flor uppers. The footbed of all Papillio sandals are made by Birkenstock, but the design of the uppers is left to the Papillio creative team who pick up on the latest catwalk trends to give you a range of stylish sandals for every occasion.

The Birki's range includes all our PU/PVA footwear in a range of colourful colors along with some great cork styles. Noppy Flex, Super Birki and Profi-Birki are suitable for vegans.

Fashion - Contemporary uppers teamed with the original Betula footbed for comfort. The contoured footbed cradles the foot heel to toe supporting stability and pressure relief. The shape of the sole promotes the natural rolling motion of the foot and provides shock absorption.

Any clearer? Nope, me neither! Just make loads of the same 3-5 styles in a million different fabrics, give them umpteen different names and whack up the price and voila ...Birkenstocks! And this is coming from a Birkenstock sucker who will undoubtedly buy some more this summer. :happy:

Birkenstock

Yes I am confused by all the different ranges! But more importantly, why do QVC have that dreadful Glen Campbell giving his irrelevant opinions on the Birkenstock ranges. In addition, have you noticed that the selection of shoes modelled by the models do not fit their feet. The models are always struggling to keep the shoes on are just too big and do not give a realistic fitting of the shoes.

I'm not sure I'm any further forward but I am pleased it's not just me!! I watched last night and just wanted the damn woman to explain the difference. I can see they come in pink, red, blue and khaki and they have one strap or three but what's the difference between this one and the one you presented 10 minutes ago that looked alarmingly similar.

As I said I have Birkies and I just don't find them very comfortable. So would Betula suit my feet better?? I've no idea and I don't think I can be arsed to pay double postage for the privilege of finding out they kill my feet an' all. :grin:

I'm not sure I'm any further forward but I am pleased it's not just me!! I watched last night and just wanted the damn woman to explain the difference. I can see they come in pink, red, blue and khaki and they have one strap or three but what's the difference between this one and the one you presented 10 minutes ago that looked alarmingly similar.

As I said I have Birkies and I just don't find them very comfortable. So would Betula suit my feet better?? I've no idea and I don't think I can be arsed to pay double postage for the privilege of finding out they kill my feet an' all. :grin:

They have some in TKMaxx - it might be worth a trip there to try them first - as you can see the different bases. Also if they do have some you like they are about £20 - and no p&p!!!

I am glad I checked on line before I bought the OTO as it didn't have very good reviews.

Ooh thank you will have to pop to TK Maxx next week to have a look. I was about to post that I had a TJ Hughes Pamphlet through my door this morning and they are selling them to for £19.99 and no P&P.

Are Birkenstocks actually comfortable to wear? They seem so uncomfortable :sad:

Are Birkenstocks actually comfortable to wear? They seem so uncomfortable :sad:

i think theyre difficult for men to get away with, comfortable or not. male feet are not generally usually attractive and some mens feet are little short of vile. i dont want to see them on display in a pair of birkenstocks. i have some and even though my feet are fine i only wear them at home when im mopping the floors or going out to the bins. i would never wear them out.

women with well-kept dainty feet and children look nice in sandals, everyone else - avoid.

They really are very comfortable but you have to get used to them in the beginning. By the way, I bought the OTO from QVC. Didnt think of reading the reviews first.

They might be comfortable, but they ARE the ugliest shoes on the planet (with the exception of Crocs) regardless of the prints and colours they come in - which are irrevelavent given that the straps are'nt thick enough to see the design.

The guest presenter doesn't do them any favours either - the way she sits with her feet at 10 to 2 is not a good look for her, or the best way to advertise the Flintstone footwear !!

They might be comfortable, but they ARE the ugliest shoes on the planet (with the exception of Crocs) regardless of the prints and colours they come in - which are irrevelavent given that the straps are'nt thick enough to see the design.

The guest presenter doesn't do them any favours either - the way she sits with her feet at 10 to 2 is not a good look for her, or the best way to advertise the Flintstone footwear !!

Now see ... I could forgive them for being ugly IF they were comfortable but honestly mine still aren't really comfortable. I bought them at the back end of the summer so I'm still wearing them in I suppose but the first couple of times I wore them I couldn't believe how much they made my feet ache!

My friend and I call them our fuglies. I'll leave you to work that out ... lol

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love mine, but I only wear the single strap ones and I've had the odd pair that were uncomfortable because the strap rubbed when walking, other than that, they're SO comfy to walk in for hours with no breaking them in. I have worn new ones all around the parks at Disney World all day and not had a problem. :sun:

i think theyre difficult for men to get away with, comfortable or not. male feet are not generally usually attractive and some mens feet are little short of vile. i dont want to see them on display in a pair of birkenstocks. i have some and even though my feet are fine i only wear them at home when im mopping the floors or going out to the bins. i would never wear them out.

women with well-kept dainty feet and children look nice in sandals, everyone else - avoid.

Thanks for that BB: do you wear yours with socks and a knotted hanky on your head?

TBH, I haven't a problem with people wearing sandals in the heat, as long as their feet and toe nails are clean. I've never seen the point in flip-flops of any description, as they just look so naff.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I love mine, but I only wear the single strap ones and I've had the odd pair that were uncomfortable because the strap rubbed when walking, other than that, they're SO comfy to walk in for hours with no breaking them in. I have worn new ones all around the parks at Disney World all day and not had a problem. :sun:

I've got bright pink single strap Birkies but there is no way on earth could I wear them for hours, let alone without breaking them in. But I will say they don't rub. They just make my feet ache.

Honest to god my Jaeger high heeled pointy toes are more comfortable. OK I admit the Jaeger shoes have been worn in.

We are all so different in our likes and dislikes:happy: because I have to say that I find crocks just about the ugliest shoe on the planet and only wear them if I am swimming in coral waters to not cut my feet going out and in of the water as soon as I was back on the beach I put my birkis back on :blush:
Do agree with the thought that some of them are very ugly, you can get some feminine designs, but have to look hard. The Pappilio Salamanca is quiet nice as is the Betula Stripes

Last edited:
I love my Birkenstocks and have to talk to myself firmly every year as you don't need more than one pair really and I think I have about 10. I think they are beautiful and the only flatties that are. Before Birkies I only wore high healed shoes. I love the designs and this year I want the sporty ones that QVC were showing, but no, I will be strong.

Have to say I find them comfortable, cant wear single strap ones any more the aggravate my arthritic knee. I even have the shoes .(QVC don't sell!)

Latest posts

Back