Ali Y on Leighton Denny 5-6pm yesterday

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lilylurknomore

Registered Shopper
Did anyone see the show yesterday when they were chatting and hear her comments about herself?

She said something like, that she was watching QVC at 2am the previous day whilst eating her chilli con carne and Leighton said, 'you like to watch the show at home' and asked her who she liked to watch. She said she didn't like to watch him or her own shows, because of her chubby little face, squeaky voice and size 18 look! All the comments that have been made on here about her!

Proof that the presenters do know exactly what's being said about them. With that in mind, will it change the things that are written on here about them? No.............probably not, but maybe next time you're nasty about one of them maybe think first that they might see what you're saying or think how you'd feel if those comments were made about you. If they annoy you so much, switch the TV off! :devil:

It was funny when she said the colours would look great on the nail area and Leighton said yes we do recommend they are used on the nail area and not any other areas.

It was funny when she said the colours would look great on the nail area and Leighton said yes we do recommend they are used on the nail area and not any other areas.

Yes, I love it when he takes the mick out of her but she never rises to it.

Going off topic a bit but did anyone else notice what Nina was wearing. She obviously wasn't wearing a bra with that dress and her boobs were sitting below the bust shaping on the dress. Spaniel's ears aren't a good look Nina!!!! :sweat:

Proof that the presenters do know exactly what's being said about them. With that in mind, will it change the things that are written on here about them? No.............probably not, but maybe next time you're nasty about one of them maybe think first that they might see what you're saying or think how you'd feel if those comments were made about you. If they annoy you so much, switch the TV off! :devil:

Well, this is a forum about shopping tv, and none of the presenters HAVE to choose to type in the address, look up threads, and read about themselves, do they? I can't imagine it's part of their contract conditions.

Well, this is a forum about shopping tv, and none of the presenters HAVE to choose to type in the address, look up threads, and read about themselves, do they? I can't imagine it's part of their contract conditions.

Agreed.I think maybe they can't resist taking a look though. Just out of curiosity.

Well I like AY yes she gets a little hyper at times but she is not afraid to take the mick out of herself and with certain guests such as Leighton I find her to be quite funny with some of the banter. I suspect she is well aware of her faults but thinks that is who she is and how she is so take it or leave it and I like that attitude.

If she knows what she sounds like then why not invest in some voice coaching. She could have a silky voice that would be more suited to one of her actual experience and aspirations for you.

AY is happy to to criticise herself. She might have heard about comments on here but i would imagine she describes herself that way too, she always used to say her Mum turned hte volume off wehn she was on QVC so she couldn't hear her voice :)

AY is happy to to criticise herself. She might have heard about comments on here but i would imagine she describes herself that way too, she always used to say her Mum turned hte volume off wehn she was on QVC so she couldn't hear her voice :)

Absolutely and it's fine to say what you like about yourself, but it's a completely different matter when others are doing it.:wonder:

As I have said before comments will be made about presenters/guests as they are all part of shopping telly, there will be positive and negative comments, that is life.

I won't watch any show with Mistress Denny in, as he can be a nasty little so and so ... especially to poor Alison ... Now he is one person who's face she should give a good slapping !! (his side kick Nina, is definately an acquired taste too ....) :down:

Missy x

In thus life there will always be those that like us and those that don't. The things that some love about us will drive others mad. The things we dislike about ourselves others may not even be aware of.

The trouble that Ali Young has, as does everyone else in the public eye, is that they put themselves out there in the way the rest if us don't. Whilst we may have a small group of friends and a few acquaintances, Ali is seen by thousands every time she's on air and we all have an opinion on her. And those opinions are the good, bad and the ugly.

And if I was a QVC presenter I would never ever look at these boards.

In thus life there will always be those that like us and those that don't. The things that some love about us will drive others mad. The things we dislike about ourselves others may not even be aware of.

The trouble that Ali Young has, as does everyone else in the public eye, is that they put themselves out there in the way the rest if us don't. Whilst we may have a small group of friends and a few acquaintances, Ali is seen by thousands every time she's on air and we all have an opinion on her. And those opinions are the good, bad and the ugly.

And if I was a QVC presenter I would never ever look at these boards.

Me neither Tinks!:sweat:

I won't watch any show with Mistress Denny in, as he can be a nasty little so and so ... especially to poor Alison ... Now he is one person who's face she should give a good slapping !! (his side kick Nina, is definately an acquired taste too ....) :down:

Missy x

Im sorry but can't agree with you re Nina...she once wore a gorgeous lip colour so i emailed LD on his facebook not only did Nina reply she asked for my home details and sent me one.....so give the girl a break how many more would do that?

Im sorry but can't agree with you re Nina...she once wore a gorgeous lip colour so i emailed LD on his facebook not only did Nina reply she asked for my home details and sent me one.....so give the girl a break how many more would do that?

Break duly given to Miss Nina .... just shows that you though shouldn't judge a book by its cover .... !!

Missy x

Am I the only one who read the thread title and thought "How drunk did she get HIM to do that?!?"

Just me, then?

:wink:

"No.............probably not, but maybe next time you're nasty about one of them maybe think first that they might see what you're saying or think how you'd feel if those comments were made about you. If they annoy you so much, switch the TV off!"

I agree with Sazza - there will be positive and negative comments made about presenters as this is a shopping telly forum. Who defines 'nasty'? Yes, sometimes perhaps some comments do go a bit far but members here have the option to reply to counterbalance this. Alternatively, don't continue reading the thread in the same way as you say 'switch the tv off'!

Well no one can tell how a thread will pan out so you do have to read each post.
We all have different views and those who think that some of the presenters are given a hard time are entitled to say so, as are the posters who have a go at them.

Latest posts

Back