OMG twin tub

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

S

silvertears

Guest Shopper
OMG Ideal World what year are you in just to remind you it's 2011 not 1960 that was when I had a twin tub, you really are scraping the barrel for products to sell now, the last few weeks all you have tried to sell is computers or some sort of electrical stuff or garden plants, Dont want a sewing machine Dont want a computer Dont want A laptop Dont want a flip it Dont want hanging baskets or plants And sure as hell DONT WANT A TWIN TUB BEEN THERE DONE IT AND WORN THE TSHIRT, Ideal world please get a life and get better products

You've just said everything I came on to say! Thank you :D (although it's a shame you had to!) Never anything worth watching.

I thought you were joking ST! I had a twin tub when I first got married in '86. I still have nightmares about it wriggling around the kitchen spurting water from it's hoses and deafening me with it's noise! They should have been banned a long time ago! Well done IW for selling the most horrendous 'labour saving' device known to woman. I would have been better off taking my washing (and baby) down to the local canal!

179087_STANDARD__MAS_20110209.jpg

Luverly....:mysmilie_13:

You've just said everything I came on to say! Thank you :D (although it's a shame you had to!) Never anything worth watching.

Yea i am sorry i had to mention it too but to be honest i am sick to death of ideal worlds lack of products these days how on earth they say they are making a profit is beyond me all i can say is they must thank got for new people getting sky and freeview cos i am sure that those of us that have seen i d w for a while dont buy anything any more as you said nothing worth watching or buying

What next? Penny farthings? Mangles? Crinolines in the fashion shows?

Wow: with IW everything old is suddenly new again :thinking:

Though that may explain why they employ some of their presenters... :devil:

Okay people, I own a Twin Tub. Yes I do:sweat:
It was bought last year after my original pump on the spinner broke. I had it since 1986 until 2010. My kitchen when I moved into my flat in 1986 was not designed for a normal washing machine without lossing a lot of my cupboard since.

The new ones are all plastic and are used by the Royal Shakespeare Company and US TV shows as well. They take them on tour as you have to be careful with the costumes.
Mine has a 700 spin speed better than many conventual washing machines. Oh and I can have my weekly wash done and spun in 15 minutes.

Here is some details about who uses Twin Tubs from the company I bought mine from. Oh mine is a Quiet Storm

Last edited:
Yes you are right, 700 is very slow. I think the average will be at least 1400 these days. Mine does 1600 and I think some even do 1800 now.

Rich

Last edited:
We had a twin tub when we married in 1975. We were as poor as church mice and thought this TT was the bees knees. In reality, it was bl##dy hopeless and the washing came out soaking wet. I had a pair of wooden tongs to drag it out of the 'spin' part and I swear it was as wet as when it went in. The kitchen floor... marley tiles, was swimming and my feet were soaked. To this day I remember it every time I load my automatic. Memories, memories

Did anyone else ever have a Burco boiler for doing the nappies? I started off with an enamel bucket on top of the gas ring, then graduated to the Burco and when hubby got his first promotion in 1980 we got an automatic washing machine.

My dear friend's auntie is approaching 90 and when her TT died a year or so ago she didn't want to change to an automatic so DF bought her new TT and its surprisingly efficient, not like the one I remember my mum using when I was little. I guess there's still a market for them.

Jude xx

My 84 year old Mum still has one - she doesn't think automatics was clean!

Twin Tubs are still very popular, actually. Especially amongst older people. Not everyone has the space or plumbing for an Auto WM. With a TT you are more in control, can wash stuff for a short or as long a time as you want, add more detergent if you need to, stop & restart more easily etc. My mum (late 70's) would readily go back to a TT if her washer packed up.

My Mum always said her Servis TT washed far better than the automatic that I persuaded her to change to. :blush: Imo the TT was a right palaver (I remember the wooden tongs too and hoses draped over the sink) and when she was rehoused by the council into a brand new maisonette I thought the auto would be easier for and save her time and so I bought her one. Obviously she was pleased to have a machine plumbed in but she missed her old TT because she could boil in it and said clothes just didn't get as clean in the auto. When I was growing up in the old Victorian slum :mysmilie_61: we didn't have hot water so she had to boil water on the stove and then hand wash everything in the sink
mysmilie_58.gif
so I suppose when she finally got a TT it was such a wonderful thing for her and I think that's why she always had such happy memories of it. :sun:

The upright washer is still vert popular in the US - a lot less of the usual automatic machines are available there.

Latest posts

Back