Betsy mumsy whimsey pearly stuff...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Addy

Registered Shopper
Saw some of the early morning repeat of this - I'm sure many of you like this stuff but it's so old hat IMO, can pick up this sort of gear at any market at half the price. Never thought I'd say this (as I've hardly bought much) but I'm missing the gems and gold - telly was fully of it til prices sky rocketed.

Obviously not a good seller as it was pulled from air hours ago yet all colour options are still available! This seems to be happening more and more these days because they never used to do that until the majority was 'Limited Stock'. Perhaps the time has arrived to bring in some new Buyers do you think........:thinking:

I thought that the pearl colours didn't seem to gel, they all looked too busy !!

Liked the pink colourway but the style has been around for some time now and I am dubious about quality. Some very poor reviews with very specific complaints online, particularly quality issues. There are lots of comments about the bracelets being small, admittedly spread between complaints that they don't fit the average or bigger wrist and thank you from the petite wristed ladies. Betsy Kaye seems an unlikely jewellery magnate somehow I imagine her selling to her local ladies church and social groups etc. in the USA.

Last edited:
Wasn't keen either. As others have said, the pink looked ok....but the others just looked wrong! I don't think the quality is there in this range either.

I did have a BK bracelet and earrings. I bought it because I liked the sort of 60s style retro flowers on the bracelet. Most of the rest of the range doesn't appeal at all though. Seems a bit dated. Honora seems a bit more contemporary yet classic. The pearls though, were not good quality at all. They had a lot of dark marks on them. Didn't expect great quality for the price I paid, but I wasn't too impressed. It was very small too, which suited my wrist (only bit of me that IS small!!) but I can see that it wouldn't be good for anyone with a larger wrist.

The elastic snapped last week. Wouldn't recommend.

I have one of her bracelets and I kept it despite the dodgy pearl quality, just because I liked the design and it was pretty cheap. But I'd not buy from the range again - actually it's a shame because I liked a few of the items, but I just don't trust them not to be rubbish!

Don't like this range, they look cheap & nasty, not a patch on Honora.I agree the designs do look dated.A switch off on this one!

I only have one of her items - the set of 5 earrings that was at an anniversary price yesterday... I bought them on her first show... Must admit they are really matt compared to Honora... but I actually use them an awful lot as I find the colours really versatile... and also unlike reviews for the item I have seen online all of mine had gem chips which were the same size... I did gasp when I first saw the TSV... lol

I quite enjoyed watching the shows for the entertainment value . Seeing Jill F snatching colour boards from Betsy to demonstrate how various items would look was amusing and almost embarrasing !

However I wouldn't buy from this range. I'm fond of pearls but don't like them dyed in startlingly bright colours or mixed with gemstone chips . I much prefer Honora , despite the price difference.

Latest posts

Back