Debbie F needs a day off

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Bensmum

Registered Shopper
Every evening Debbie Flint is on, wafting that index finger around to draw our attention to the information on the screen like we're all a pint short of a full crate. It drives me completely insane.

She needs a vacation - PLEASE!!!

hi guys!

barely posted on here since i joined up ages ago because all the jumping flashing flickering ads on here make it almost impossible to use with my mega-slow "broadband" connection. i still look in now and again though:happy:

anyway......debbie is one of the few presenters who doesn't irritate me BUT that darn information on screen does! i searched on here for a thread on "the L" - is that what they call it?? does it have to be smack dab in the middle of the screen? is it me? or my tv?? most screens these days are rectangular aren't they? but the upright of the L is stuck there like it would have been on a square screen. add to that the hoizontal bit is about a third of the way up too. sometimes i can tune it out but most times i can't even watch because of it.

rant over :blush:

hi guys!

barely posted on here since i joined up ages ago because all the jumping flashing flickering ads on here make it almost impossible to use with my mega-slow "broadband" connection. i still look in now and again though

I never see any flickering/flashing ads - but I use Firefox instead of internet explorer, and install the adblock plus add on which stops most ads. You can block any pictures/flash you don't want to see too if they haven't been stopped automatically.

lottie

thanks :happy: i will definitely look into the adblock thing. this has to be one of the most, if not the most annoying sites on the net. not just all the flashing but it takes forever to load. i'm not sure about firefox - i think i'm too old and cranky to get used to a new browser - i have enough problems with ie8 ;)

I felt the same as you Janie but I've been using Firefox for a while now and I'd NEVER go back to IE! It's quicker, simpler and the layout is easier to you. Give it a go, you can always uninstall it if you don't like it :talking:

First of all I disliked Debbie immensely, then I gradually got used to her...now I am bordering on the disliking immensely again. Watching her on the Kipling shows talking to people as if they were children in that "you'll regret it if you don't go and order now" and "be like some of our more astute viewers and order before the items have appeared on air to reserve your incredible bargain".....aaaaagh. I know she is there to try and sell us things we don't want and need, but she is very very hard sell and I am finding her a complete turn off once more. Would you buy a second-hand car of this woman......NO!!!!!!

lottie

thanks :happy: i will definitely look into the adblock thing. this has to be one of the most, if not the most annoying sites on the net. not just all the flashing but it takes forever to load. i'm not sure about firefox - i think i'm too old and cranky to get used to a new browser - i have enough problems with ie8 ;)

try it janie...I'm old & cranky too but my puter came back from the repair shop with Firefox installed and I've never looked back! To quote a certain JF, I'm such a girly girl, I like playing with the different skins you can use on it too!

I never see any flickering/flashing ads - but I use Firefox instead of internet explorer, and install the adblock plus add on which stops most ads. You can block any pictures/flash you don't want to see too if they haven't been stopped automatically.

Thanks Lottie, I didn't know about the adblock but have just been & found it, it's now duly installed!

wow lottie, thanks very much ! already using firefox - didnt know u could do the adblock thing !

thanks
Cat

I really liked the black dress she was wearing on the TSV launch.
Don't suppose that was a QVC item!

First of all I disliked Debbie immensely, then I gradually got used to her...now I am bordering on the disliking immensely again. Watching her on the Kipling shows talking to people as if they were children in that "you'll regret it if you don't go and order now" and "be like some of our more astute viewers and order before the items have appeared on air to reserve your incredible bargain".....aaaaagh. I know she is there to try and sell us things we don't want and need, but she is very very hard sell and I am finding her a complete turn off once more. Would you buy a second-hand car of this woman......NO!!!!!!

that is just how I feel about her, she seems to have got a bit strident again of late. Don't like being hectored to buy things, on me it has the opposite of the intended effect. I just mute her and make up my own mind. Her nagging people to "buy it now or you'll be sorry" and "no point thinking you'll do it later, it will be too late" is a bit like nagging a four year old to go for a wee before leaving the house!!

try it janie...I'm old & cranky too but my puter came back from the repair shop with Firefox installed and I've never looked back! To quote a certain JF, I'm such a girly girl, I like playing with the different skins you can use on it too!

now you had to go and spoil it with the JF comment:devil:

anyway.......back to "the L" - is it only me who's deiven nuts by it? watching mally now "through it".:wonder:

I saw the repeat this morning of TSV launch and she looked really nice in that dress and shoes. Bet the dress wasn't from Q!

hi guys!

barely posted on here since i joined up ages ago because all the jumping flashing flickering ads on here make it almost impossible to use with my mega-slow "broadband" connection. i still look in now and again though:happy:

I use Google Chrome, and I don't get any flashing ads either, and the site loads up fine. Chrome can have different backgrounds - I currently have a Cath Kitson background which is ever so pretty!

I agree. Sometimes I like her and sometimes I think she's masking an inner market stall seller! She says the same things as loud market traders but with a softer voice...umm

That said, she has improved since she returned- that must have been cos she's had enough practice been on ALL the time.

My final comment was that the other night she was clearly wearing a Qvc dress, a Jessica simpson hair piece, several bracelets and watches plus rings and other faff. I know all of them do it depending on their shows- but it really didn't look good and I called her a 'clothes horse' cos she wears everything....

Someone- let her have a holiday!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back