• QVC turn on?

Votes: 59 52.7%
  • QVC turn off?

Votes: 53 47.3%

• Total voters
H

HoodedClaw

Guest Shopper
Well, JR certainly polarises people on this here forum!

There are those who see her as a fantastic, professional seller/presenter on QVC. One who has a cracking (dare I say it "smutty") sense of humour and is still gorgeous and glam for her age.

Yet there are others who see her as QVC's "Queen Bee"; with an ego the size of Jupiter, a bitchy streak a mile wide, past her sell-by date, and more self-serving than a fortnight in Butlins in Skegness.

So, which is true? Or is the real JR a mixture of the two, and is she a boon to the QVC channel or is she a complete turn-off?

Or doesn't it matter? What do YOU think? :cheeky:

I would say Queen Bee but I don't turn on to watch her. If she happens to be presenting something I want to watch then so be it.
I don't think she does QVC any favours - she just happens to present things which sell well I suppose.

I'd love to see her selling gazebos or climbing on a 13 way ladder :grin:

Good presenter, good figure, hair needs a trim, toe posts and leggings for the chop.
I don't get wound up by her unlike some of the presenters.
Couldn't care less what size she is.

I like JR. She annoys me doing "fashion" when she bangs on about her weight loss. I wish she wouldn't but she has been there since the beginning and is one of the better presenters. I think her weight loss is going a bit too far, I am about the same age as her and I like to look good and need to lose few pounds but there is no way at my age I would suit the weight I was at 20 something which was just over 8 stone. Its only been since her weight loss that she has turned into a bit of a diva which is a shame because she is a good presenter, and has always described the things she sells really well and never spends too much time on one item - some of the presenters do. I am surprised her daughter hasn't told her to lose the toe posts etc. and think more about what she wears. I think JR is good for QVC but she just needs to stop acting like someone half her age.

Like her loads since her days on Cable Today in Croydon, when I interviewed her she was lovely and still really enjoy watching her.

Well, JR certainly polarises people on this here forum!

There are those who see her as a fantastic, professional seller/presenter on QVC. One who has a cracking (dare I say it "smutty") sense of humour and is still gorgeous and glam for her age.

Yet there are others who see her as QVC's "Queen Bee"; with an ego the size of Jupiter, a bitchy streak a mile wide, past her sell-by date, and more self-serving than a fortnight in Butlins in Skegness.

So, which is true? Or is the real JR a mixture of the two, and is she a boon to the QVC channel or is she a complete turn-off?

Or doesn't it matter? What do YOU think? :cheeky:

She is a good presenter but I can't abide her when she is on with Simon Wilson.

I wish there had been a 'don't care' choice as really, I don't. The presenters at QVC are as important to me as a sales person in a shop...some are more helpfull than others, some are better turned out than others and some are down right irritating but I still have to shop there if they're selling something I want.

I wish there had been a 'don't care' choice as really, I don't. The presenters at QVC are as important to me as a sales person in a shop...some are more helpfull than others, some are better turned out than others and some are down right irritating but I still have to shop there if they're selling something I want.

If I included a "don't care" option, that would not have gone so well with the point I was making about people seeming to either love or hate JR without there being any middle ground! :wink:

TBH, I'm in the "don't care" camp too - regardless of how the "presenters" see themselves, they are glorified salespeople. But there's no-one else on QVC who is so fiercely (and continuously) attacked and defended on this forum. The people who couldn't give two hoots about JR are in a VERY small (and pretty much non-vocal) minority on here from what I've seen.

I teetering on the 'don't care' camp but get annoyed everytime a new Joolia bashing thread is started with the same old same old comments.

Interesting...

It was quite the revelation to me that the QVC presenters cause so much arguments! Even sweet and inoffensive (in my opinion) Richard Jackson, super-smiley and bubbly Claire Sutton and lovely Jilly Halliday .

Anyway I'm pro Julia - she's competent, professional , tells us all we need to know about the products (including highlighting sizes!) and nicely turned out. She also seems to have a pretty good rapport with the guests she works with. In fact I'm pretty OK with most of the presenters - I find Catherine Huntley a bit annoying when she spins off on to some tale about herself, instead of talking about the products, but that is about it. Julia is right, that it is entertainment as well, it would be really boring if it was just like a looking at an animated catalogue

I find her not as annoying as some, Franklin and Chuntley for example, but , stating the obvious really, the shows she presents are all about her and not about the product.

She's been showing off her Spanish today - toe curling.

I teetering on the 'don't care' camp but get annoyed everytime a new Joolia bashing thread is started with the same old same old comments.

That's why JR is so different from nearly all the other presenters: no-one else appears to continuously stir up such strong positive and negative feelings.

Feelings so strong even people who say that they cannot watch JR feel the need to regularly post about her. The woman can't seem to be ignored - thank God she stuck to TV presenting and didn't go into politics :wink:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back